Crime is no longer fun.

#11ShameYu(Topic Creator)Posted 10/3/2013 9:13:41 PM
razyman2000 posted...
The "you can't even rob someone without having 20 police snipers magically spawn" comment isn't even an exaggeration, it's just a lie.

If you need to make things up to be mad over with a game, it's not the game that's the problem. It seems you are more interested in tearing this game down then you are in enjoying it. that's really sad considering how much time you are spending on this board.

Police snipers don't "magically spawn" and robbing a store produces a one star wanted level, even if you shoot the clerk (I shot the clerk?) and the police (usually one car) have to actually get to you which, even in the city, gives you plenty of time to get a vehicle they are not searching for and drive off to safety.

Wrong, robbing a store is an automatic two star wanted level, and it is not at all unusual to have several police spawn just a block away from you and slam into the car you're driving. As for the sniper part, I was commenting on the fact that their accuracy is simply phenomenal.
---
"Curiosity killed the cat, and by cat I mean the reporter, and by curiosity I mean you"-Sergei from Mercenaries
#12razyman2000Posted 10/3/2013 9:14:18 PM
ShameYu posted...
razyman2000 posted...
So your saying the LOS SANTOS cops are very aggressive and unfair?

Do you know what city LOS SANTOS is satirizing?

Look if you don't like the game or parts of the game, that's perfectly understandable. Problem is all of this whining. What's the point? It bugs me the most when people on this board start demanding that Rockstar patch it to nerf the police reaction.

It's really getting overblown. The cops do react more often to murders (except melee weapon kills and unarmed kills, which feels about the same as other GTA games) but the cops have to actually get there and take so long in the desert and wilderness areas that it makes a one star "cops looking for you" level a non issue if you know how to play. In the wilderness you don't even have to really do anything to lose them, just avoid the cops if you notice them pop up on your radar.

Personally I think the new system is way more fun and actually makes crime fun again. I love the GTA series but shooting sprees and random crimes got so boring very quickly when you could just run away or shoot your way out and run away (as is the case in GTA 4, where the cops were way too easy to escape) and you were pretty much superhuman in the other GTA games.

I understand if this isn't your type of system but many of us do like the new twist on the wanted system. It's easier to get a wanted level but it's also easier to lose them so it's an interesting trade off. The fact that cops need an actual line of sight in order to chase you down really makes it easier while having a new sense of tension when you have a wanted level and the police are getting a bit too close to you.

Thank you for hitting every one of my predictions. And the police don't take any time to show up in the wilderness, you can fire your gun in the middle of nowhere with nobody around, and they'll be on you like white on rice in no time at all.

Again, that's a complete fabrication. I have not once had a police response in the wilderness from shooting my gun with nobody around. I only get a response on the mountains or in the desert from shooting people or sniping at cars, even then it's extremely easy to lose them since they mostly stick to the roads when they don't know where you are.

At best, your attempting to troll, at worst, your making things up because you feel the need to prove that your issues are not a result of your lack of skill in the game.
#13Rebel852Posted 10/3/2013 9:15:00 PM
Treason686 posted...
I've been holding off on GTA this go around until there's more feedback. Could you give a more detailed example?

Don't worry about it, OP is completely overreacting because he sucks at video games. The wanted level does rise faster but the cops go into search mode after losing line of sight with you. At that point you can just hide down an alley or switch vehicles and drive right past them.

I can personally guarantee that OP has no idea what Bayonetta or Devil May Cry is and most likely button mashes while playing Mortal Kombat.
#14ShameYu(Topic Creator)Posted 10/3/2013 9:15:24 PM
I believe we're all fully aware of how to lose a wanted level in this game, however the process to do so is a waiting game and extremely boring and tedious.
---
"Curiosity killed the cat, and by cat I mean the reporter, and by curiosity I mean you"-Sergei from Mercenaries
#15EvrayPosted 10/3/2013 9:15:36 PM
I disagree, the cops may be more likely to jump on you for something small but they are easier to lose.

Most of us players have no trouble losing 1-3 stars in under a minute or two.

If anything the cops need to be slightly less aggressive when it comes to initially coming after you but need to be harder to lose once you've got them.

Anything short of that and they'd be too easy.
---
If the Giants win I'll close my account. Promise. Super Bowl 2012- Erik P 2/5/2012 at 3:31:41 PM. Account Status, Active.
#16razyman2000Posted 10/3/2013 9:15:53 PM
"I know that the fanboys are gonna come rushing in talking about how it's more realistic, or a parody, or that I should get better, so screw off in advance."

Seems you were wrong in every one of your predictions, yet you claim you predicted my response.

Did you read my post before claiming you predicted my response?

I never said anything about realism, parody, and I never said you should get better.

Keep in mind, parody and satire are two different concepts.
#17razyman2000Posted 10/3/2013 9:19:19 PM
ShameYu posted...
razyman2000 posted...
The "you can't even rob someone without having 20 police snipers magically spawn" comment isn't even an exaggeration, it's just a lie.

If you need to make things up to be mad over with a game, it's not the game that's the problem. It seems you are more interested in tearing this game down then you are in enjoying it. that's really sad considering how much time you are spending on this board.

Police snipers don't "magically spawn" and robbing a store produces a one star wanted level, even if you shoot the clerk (I shot the clerk?) and the police (usually one car) have to actually get to you which, even in the city, gives you plenty of time to get a vehicle they are not searching for and drive off to safety.

Wrong, robbing a store is an automatic two star wanted level, and it is not at all unusual to have several police spawn just a block away from you and slam into the car you're driving. As for the sniper part, I was commenting on the fact that their accuracy is simply phenomenal.

Wrong, it's not an instant two star wanted level and it's absolutely unusual to have police spawning only a block away from you.

Yes police are accurate. You have auto aim and even without auto aim you are unrealistically accurate with a handgun. I don't see you complaining about that.
BTW a cop being able to hit a person with their bullets isn't a crazy concept. Running back and forth doesn't really prevent you from being shot in real life, and yes I am aware that the game is not realistic but that one aspect absolutely makes sense. Again, police in other GTA games were never a challenge, I like the change of pace with 5. If you don't, that's fine, it's understandable, you are perfectly capable of playing games that you do enjoy.

Nobody is forcing you to play GTA 5, I see no reason for you to just make things up to complain about. At the very least you could complain about flaws that are actually in the game.
#18ShameYu(Topic Creator)Posted 10/3/2013 9:20:09 PM
razyman2000 posted...
"I know that the fanboys are gonna come rushing in talking about how it's more realistic, or a parody, or that I should get better, so screw off in advance."

Seems you were wrong in every one of your predictions, yet you claim you predicted my response.

Did you read my post before claiming you predicted my response?

I never said anything about realism, parody, and I never said you should get better.

Keep in mind, parody and satire are two different concepts.

I read it, however it looks like you haven't read your own stuff.
---
#19razyman2000Posted 10/3/2013 9:20:40 PM
ShameYu posted...
I believe we're all fully aware of how to lose a wanted level in this game, however the process to do so is a waiting game and extremely boring and tedious.

You are so "fully aware" that you skipped right over my post explaining that you are only waiting so long because you are not hiding. Hiding in an alley (especially an alley that is hidden from clear view) will make the wanted level disappear pretty quickly if it's only a 1 or 2 star level.
#20hellfire582Posted 10/3/2013 9:21:19 PM
razyman2000 posted...
hellfire582 posted...
ShameYu posted...
I remember when committing crimes in GTA was fun. Now, thanks to the remarkably over aggressive police system in this game, being a criminal outside of missions is tedious and annoying. You can't even attempt to rob someone without having twenty police snipers magically spawn in front of you. Previous games had it better. The police presence was still strong and challenging at higher wanted levels but you could at least put up a fight without having to back yourself into a corner. I know that the fanboys are gonna come rushing in talking about how it's more realistic, or a parody, or that I should get better, so screw off in advance.

Yea I actually agree completely. And it's not just a problem when you're trying to commit crimes; it's a problem when you're just messing around trying to explore or do stunts or whatever.

Sometimes, you'll get a star just for stealing a car at the wrong time. Of course, this happened in the other games and wasn't a huge problem before. But now, it takes a ridiculously long time to get rid of even a single star. It's not that it's difficult, it's just tedious. You have to get off the cops' radar and then just sit there and wait before you can get back to playing the game. It's really nothing more than an interruption that detracts from the game. I don't mind long wanted times for higher star levels, but they really ought to lower it for one and two star ratings.

Have you seriously not read this already?

It only takes "so long to get rid of the wanted level" because you are not understanding how it works. If you hide in an alley or bushes or a car they are not searching for, the time it takes for the wanted level disappear shortens by quite a bit. To the point where it takes less time than it did in SA.

Complaining that the wanted level "Takes too long to get rid of" is like complaining that it's impossible to fly in the game. We are having no issue with it, I know this sounds unfair but it sounds like you're just not very good at the game. That's not a bad thing, some people really don't have the time or energy to spend developing skill at a game but it's just a challenge, not a flaw.

If Megaman was released today, you people would be calling it the most flawed game of all time.

No I think you just have an issue with reading comprehension. I made it very clear that I'm not complaining simply about the time it takes to get rid of cops. I'm saying that there isn't a good gradation of time it takes to get rid of cops for a given wanted level. The time is too long for a one star rating, and not high enough for a five star rating. As a result, you can be exploring, perhaps even trying to avoid cops, get a one star rating for something stupid, and then have to just wait until you get back to your game. Hiding in bushes or whatever makes a negligible difference, and either way it's not something you want to deal with when you're just screwing around.

Also, I played all 6 Megaman games on the NES. They were all difficult, and I still liked all of them quite a bit. My argument here has absolutely nothing to do with difficulty. It's about not being able to mess around in a game that is largely designed with that purpose in mind.