Weird single player glitch...makes you lose ALL your weapons.

#1MaverickneoPosted 10/6/2013 6:46:37 AM
Has anyone experienced this? I was playing online for a while, then I went to play some single player and ALL my characters lost ALL of their guns. They all had nothing... I had to buy everything ALL OVER AGAIN! WTF?

Rockstar better reward us with something, anything, triple xp weekend, a free garage, a DLC download something! This absolutely blows.
#2chaoscontrol325Posted 10/6/2013 6:51:40 AM
This is a fairly widely occurring glitch, but gamers like you just rub me the wrong way. Sure, it'd be nice if they gave us a freebie for issues, but issues were expected and it always amazes me how every time any game is showing some issues, any issues at all really, there's always a bunch of gamers demanding freebies. It's disgusting. All you do is come off as a petty and self-entitled brat.
---
PSN: Lazuri65 XBL:LazuriXIII
If you don't write you're from GameFAQs and what board in the friend request, you will be denied.
#3Maverickneo(Topic Creator)Posted 10/6/2013 7:07:56 AM
WHAT?! HOLD ON there cowboy. I purchase a game for $60.00 with my hard earned money, dump countless of hours into making money to purchase all my weapons and mods, cars, etc. only to LOSE them all? (which BTW was advertised on the box as having online but didnt until several weeks later, but whatever)

Or how about all the people who are dumping more than 40 hours into their characters online only to have them LOST due to a recent update?

YES we are entitled to something like some other companies have done in the past to show some support for errors on THEIR end.

SO YES I AM ENTITLED.
#4DarkLordMorsulPosted 10/6/2013 7:11:01 AM
TC your second post was cringe worthy.

That being said I do find it annoying that a an online bug would affect single player.
---
"You exist because we allow it, you will end because we demand it."- Sovereign
#5ecureuilPosted 10/6/2013 7:17:32 AM
Guns are cheap and everyone has billions through exploiting the stock market anyway. It's annoying but not really a big deal.
#6chaoscontrol325Posted 10/6/2013 7:32:54 AM
And in your second post you proved everything I said. I cringed a little.
---
PSN: Lazuri65 XBL:LazuriXIII
If you don't write you're from GameFAQs and what board in the friend request, you will be denied.
#7Muse1001Posted 10/6/2013 7:51:12 AM
You know rockstar told us months before the game came out that online was due for a later release..
#8Maverickneo(Topic Creator)Posted 10/6/2013 8:11:16 AM
Thats not the point. The point is people in the online community losing hard earned time put into the game. I had the glitch where I lost my online created character but that didnt upset me as much as losing all my guns in story mode because 1. My online character was only at level 2 since I could barely could get online anyways, and 2. Im still very early in the SP campaign in which I purchased all the guns I could and added all the attachments I could...and lost them all.

I also lost several modded cars in my garages before the patch.

but anyways, some people, like a friend of mine, lost his level 20 online character...that blows.
#9B0vrilPosted 10/6/2013 8:17:23 AM
Maverickneo, to avoid future disappointment I'd recommend you do not buy any more video games.

You clearly do not grasp the immense complexity of programming such a piece of software. Not to mention how inherently fickle software is.

Rockstar could have delayed release, & tested for a further two years & never discovered such bugs or glitches, let alone implement fixes that don't brake the game in other ways.

It is actually a miracle games half as complex can ever even be released in a playable state.

Game braking, annoying bugs & glitches are not going away from video games. In fact I'd imagine they will probably become more common place.
#10B0vrilPosted 10/6/2013 8:23:48 AM
Maverickneo posted...
The point is people in the online community losing hard earned time put into the game.

Then stop playing video games. It's not a job, it's entertainment.

Stop working at the pointless progression meta game. It's a waste of time.

If you want to actually achieve something with hard work then learn piano or something.