Weird single player glitch...makes you lose ALL your weapons.

#21happypor100prePosted 10/6/2013 10:32:21 AM
Maverickneo posted...
Im still very early in the SP campaign in which I purchased all the guns I could and added all the attachments.

That was your first mistake.
You never need to buy weapons and never should.
---
GT-Goldchampion200
Makoto Nanaya Main 4 life
#22atomsteelePosted 10/6/2013 10:53:10 AM
Ya know....I'm a huge GTA fanboy and I think these knee jerk reactionists need a little patience. That being said....

*looks around thread and sees the number of rockstar knights and apologists....*

*chains door and sets fire to thread....takes up sniper post to eliminate survivors.*
#23thekosmicfool part 2Posted 10/6/2013 11:33:16 AM
Just in case anyone was wondering, you can actually get those weapons back if, when you notice they're gone, you reload your save.

It happened to thekosmicfool a couple times after switching to single player from online, and reloading his last single player save brought all the weapons back.
---
No deal, McCutcheon. That moon money is mine!
gfaqs9...Never forget. Never forget.
#24Dark_volkswagenPosted 10/6/2013 11:48:48 AM
chaoscontrol325 posted...
This is a fairly widely occurring glitch, but gamers like you just rub me the wrong way. Sure, it'd be nice if they gave us a freebie for issues, but issues were expected and it always amazes me how every time any game is showing some issues, any issues at all really, there's always a bunch of gamers demanding freebies. It's disgusting. All you do is come off as a petty and self-entitled brat.

Just because you don't have any of these problems doesnt mean you have to be a jackass about it.
---
Napalms and nukes may break my bones, but machine guns will never hurt me.
#25shadyelfPosted 10/6/2013 12:02:29 PM
i keep losing the crowbar and baseball bat on one of my characters

dunno why.
---
?
#26DMan304Posted 10/6/2013 12:03:41 PM
thekosmicfool part 2 posted...
Just in case anyone was wondering, you can actually get those weapons back if, when you notice they're gone, you reload your save.

It happened to thekosmicfool a couple times after switching to single player from online, and reloading his last single player save brought all the weapons back.

That was my mistake.

I saved and let my younger cousin drive cars around, not realizing Michael had lost all of his weapons because of the glitch.

Now I just check every time as soon as I start SP.
---
http://i.imgur.com/Bod2G1j.gif
http://i.imgur.com/FfZ84p3.gif http://i.imgur.com/3igx6Ty.gif
#27sinisterorionPosted 10/6/2013 12:32:36 PM
I care more about the possibility of missions being skipped or save files being corrupted, which is why I have my stuff backed up on the cloud and why I'm considering backing them up on a separate usb. Then again after doing the insurance thing, repurchasing weapons is merely a minor hassle for me which could be why that one is a non issue for myself.
#28bigwiggs3214Posted 10/6/2013 12:42:40 PM
You're lucky there are even guns to lose. The amount of entertainment this game offers and you cry about guns that are easily replaceable? You got some nerve. Be a big boy, buy more guns and move on and stop crying about worthless things and enjoy the other 99.999999999999999999999% of epic this game delivers.
---
Seeing Peyton Manning Cry : PRICELESS
#29Maverickneo(Topic Creator)Posted 10/6/2013 1:06:36 PM
Wow the level of ignorance on these boards is through the roof.

I'm not even...people seem to miss the point here...it's not even just about missing guns.

Just...wow
#30Gasmask-AvengerPosted 10/6/2013 1:18:27 PM
Losing weapons in single player, outside of some melee weapons, is not a big deal at all. You can just rebuy everything since the main three characters make way more dough than the online characters, especially if you're done with the story already.