Ugh all I need is one stunt jump and I can't do it

#1Erik_PPosted 10/6/2013 9:36:58 AM
It's the one in the canal near Franklin's garage where you have to jump over 3 lanes of traffic and into a parking lot.

I grab my Carbon RS and upgrade the engine to max speed and I keep coming up short.

It's frustrating.
---
Signatures go here
#2shadeauxPosted 10/6/2013 10:34:06 AM
Tried it with a bike?
---
Even a blind monkey finds an acorn
#3Erik_P(Topic Creator)Posted 10/6/2013 10:37:35 AM
shadeaux posted...
Tried it with a bike?

Yes.
---
Signatures go here
#4shadeauxPosted 10/6/2013 10:46:27 AM
Derp that is a bike isn't it... Grab a modded adder maybe then, I found that for some of the jumps a car worked better even though you would expect the bike to always be superior (pier jump 6 comes to mind...)
---
Even a blind monkey finds an acorn
#5organic meatbagPosted 10/6/2013 11:47:29 AM
I have no idea why but the only way I could do that jump was if I pulled back on the stick just before the jump and did a back flip over the highway. It seemed like I almost went double the distance.
---
Smite the shepherd and the sheep will be scattered.
#6iron_defensePosted 10/6/2013 12:03:34 PM
If you let go of the accelerator when you hit the jump you go a further distance.

Sup Erik
---
"Nature can suck on these nuts."-beardface21
#7Hobley007Posted 10/6/2013 12:18:39 PM
I agree with Organic Meatbag, doing a backflip definitely makes you go further. I've done this jump on a fully modded Bati 801 and have overshot the helipad and landed in the water when pulling a backflip!
---
I'm selling these fine leather jackets.
#8Arctic_SunrisePosted 10/6/2013 12:26:17 PM
Yes, some of them are immensely frustrating. A lot of the ones on Elysian Island, for instance, are maddening. On the bright side, after that is the spaceship parts, I'm guessing. They're much, much easier. Make sure you use the Buzzard to get at the one on the bridge strut.
---
"...and it suddenly busts out of your pants and starts flopping around on your keyboard so you can't tywrtjudfgjktuil tiuly8ruedjtgfncvb" - Nade
#9Erik_P(Topic Creator)Posted 10/6/2013 1:08:21 PM
The 3 at the port were also problematic and I was so relieved when they were done.

You have to land on the roof and I either wasn't going fast enough or I would overshoot into the water.

But this last one in the canal is giving me a headache.
---
Signatures go here
#10iron_defensePosted 10/6/2013 2:17:02 PM
How did you end up doing that one on the roof?

That is the one I am stuck on right now!
---
"Nature can suck on these nuts."-beardface21