Wow this game is soo much better than GTA IV

#1SkilzMCPosted 10/6/2013 10:57:12 AM
I literally had to force myself to finish GTA IV's story just to see how it all plays out, the missions were a BORE.

I just finished the story for GTA V last night and I have no desire to put it down, in fact I'm a little saddened that I won't be able to take part in any more intricately planned heists. Both Michael and Trevor are FAR more interesting than Niko Bellic ever was, and Franklin is essentially a black Niko IMO so it all works fine. My biggest problem with GTA IV's story is it lost all the great characters in the favor of blander mob types near the end, but GTA V picks up with great characters and never lets down.

Seriously, 9.75/10 baby, I loves it.
---
"I wanted to buy a candle holder but the store didn't have one, so I bought a cake." -Mitch Hedberg
- GT Skillz MC
#2MrDummyPosted 10/6/2013 12:50:32 PM
Agreed. This game is hella Kool and best GTA to date!

The visuals are stunning and so is the little things that add up to make it a truly believable world.

IMO,

MrD
---
Currently Playing: Grand Theft Auto Five
(1) 360 + (1) 65" Widescreen HDTV + (1) 5.1 Digital Surround = TRUE LOVE
#3FAT_ALTAIRPosted 10/6/2013 12:53:21 PM
infinity/infinity
#4JohnRyan1228Posted 10/6/2013 1:04:38 PM
I think there need to be more topics like this versus the trivial complaining.

Not calling the online thing trivial, but vehicle damage and lack of fishing? Incredibly trivial.
---
Click my name for my xbl/steam/3ds/etc.
Currently playing: GTAV, GTAV, GTAV, and GTAV
#5SkilzMC(Topic Creator)Posted 10/6/2013 2:13:39 PM
JohnRyan1228 posted...
I think there need to be more topics like this versus the trivial complaining.

Not calling the online thing trivial, but vehicle damage and lack of fishing? Incredibly trivial.

Yeah the fishing thing I found particularly dumb, I mean the guy is mad because he would rather have one bland mini-game instead of the one that came up naturally in the narrative.
---
"I wanted to buy a candle holder but the store didn't have one, so I bought a cake." -Mitch Hedberg
- GT Skillz MC
#6aByLiTyPosted 10/6/2013 2:17:42 PM
agreed, the leap in quality from IV to V is pretty stunning
---
I only play good games.
#7SgtMBeckPosted 10/6/2013 2:21:51 PM
Agreed man, I believe this is the first GTA game that I've played all the way through more than once.

I beat 3, VC, and SA, and honestly can't remember if I completed IV or not (I know I didn't get anywhere near 100%, I think I completed the story, but I'm not positive), and while I sandboxed some of them for awhile after beating them, I never actually started a second Playthrough.

I've already beat V twice (Story Mode), and might start working towards 100% - and I almost never goafter Completionist type goals, or achievement hunting
#8hellfire582Posted 10/6/2013 2:25:28 PM
Glad to hear there are others out there who agree with me on this. I loved GTA SA, but I was very disappointed in GTA IV. The missions weren't as fun or diverse, they took out planes, the map was much smaller, etc...

I'm not saying GTA IV was a bad game or anything, but it was certainly a step down from SA. Fortunately, it looks like they've brought back most of the best parts of SA in GTA V. I still preferred the variety of 3 cities in SA to the map of GTA V, and I think there are a few issues like vehicle saves and the timing to get rid of wanted stars that need to be fixed, but overall I can't complain.
#9SkilzMC(Topic Creator)Posted 10/6/2013 2:27:05 PM
hellfire582 posted...
Glad to hear there are others out there who agree with me on this. I loved GTA SA, but I was very disappointed in GTA IV. The missions weren't as fun or diverse, they took out planes, the map was much smaller, etc...

I'm not saying GTA IV was a bad game or anything, but it was certainly a step down from SA. Fortunately, it looks like they've brought back most of the best parts of SA in GTA V. I still preferred the variety of 3 cities in SA to the map of GTA V, and I think there are a few issues like vehicle saves and the timing to get rid of wanted stars that need to be fixed, but overall I can't complain.

Yeah, the cop cool down is really my only complaint, getting 1 or 2 stars shouldn't be so easy and getting rid of the stars shouldn't take quite as long.
---
- GT Skillz MC
#10Autofire2Posted 10/6/2013 4:28:11 PM
It's way better than GTA 4 which i was so excited about and so disappointed by.

GTA 3 blew my mind. Vice City gave us Tommy, our first GTA protag with a voice. San Andreas was...well I 100%ed it so hell yeah.

GTA 4! This is gonna be so incredible you guys next gen GTA!

No planes, small ass map, bland protagonist who they tried to make a good guy (doesn't work in GTA), idiotic system of "buddy" activities (Seriously wtf rockstar), terrible checkpointing (i hear a later patch made it better but meh, couldnt be bothered to replay). Fiddly races with, again, terrible checkpointing as part of the main story missions. I didn't even finish it. To this day I don't give a damn what Niko ended up doing.

GTA 5 has its issues but I'm near the end and...

a) They fixed the checkpointing
b) Map is huge
c) Characters work very well though its mostly T and M after awhile.
d) Aerial stuff is back
e) Stupid buddy stuff that you need to do for rewards is gone.

Again, far from perfect but I'm having a blast.
---
Duncan MacLeod: There can be only one.