This game is overrated

#1vyseskiesPosted 10/17/2013 5:06:18 AM
deal with it. It's not bad but it's far from being a great game imo. I couldn't spent more than 8 hours on it. That's a waste.
---
Hail Monster Hunter Franchise! Hail One Piece!
<3
#2crowkillersPosted 10/17/2013 5:12:08 AM
I spent over 8 hours just admiring everything in the open world... I've yet to see any game out there this large that looks this good...
---
"Be Reasonable, Demand the Impossible"
www.crowkillers.com
#3TheGreatNitaPosted 10/17/2013 5:13:01 AM
vyseskies posted...
deal with it. It's not bad but it's far from being a great game imo. I couldn't spent more than 8 hours on it. That's a waste.

I'd love to know what games you do spend 8 hours on
---
www.MpireStudio.com
#4JirynPosted 10/17/2013 7:06:25 PM
TheGreatNita posted...
vyseskies posted...

I'd love to know what games you do spend 8 hours on

There are plenty of games that you can spend 8hrs on.
Heck Final Fantasy 3/6 back on the SNES I spent 60-70hrs back in the 90s..
Mario Sunshine, etc all can take just as long or longer... so many games have long drawn out play throughs and are just fun.

This game for some reason I cannot get into, I've been trying but like the TC I find it over rated and a pain in the arse.
Also I've wondered why my go trips, then goes rigamortis and trumbles down only to get back up and be fluid again.. character moves like a truck and feels like little to no mobility and well just feels clunky.
---
Mewtwo_Soul: "You can't trust a smile from Sony, but you'd better watch your back after shaking Microsoft's hand."
#5SALTandBURN67Posted 10/17/2013 7:26:42 PM
I've never really understood the term overrated. If a majority of people like something how can it be overrated. Just because you don't like something doesn't mean it is overrated. I think the term needs to be knocked off and forgotten about. I have always found the word stupid.
#6Krow_IncarnatePosted 10/17/2013 7:30:51 PM
k
---
Joining the dark side. Keep your cookies, we have Killer Instinct.
#7hmnut7Posted 10/17/2013 7:31:52 PM
i'll say it too. I feel a lot of the love is just people unable to admit they fell for the hype. The game has a lot of problems, and most annoyingly to me these are problems past GTA games did not have.

it's far from a bad game, but as an old school GTA player, when I buy a brand new GTA game I usually play through the whole story mode 3 or 4 times before I get bored and move on to another game. This time I played through the game once and that was enough.

"it's bigger and more beautiful than any game ever before it." ~ that doesn't necessarily equal fun to me.

"The online is greater than any game before" ~ well first that's a lie but second what about us who don't care about online game play.

"You can play as three different characters this time." ~ at no point was this a selling point to me, and experiencing it did not impress me at all.

This is a good game, worth the money but not up to the standards of GTA. After being a GTA fan for 16 years, this is the first time I am disappointed in one of their games.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i5XONu3ZGC0
#8JirynPosted 10/17/2013 8:20:03 PM
hmnut7 posted...
i'll say it too. I feel a lot of the love is just people unable to admit they fell for the hype. The game has a lot of problems, and most annoyingly to me these are problems past GTA games did not have.

it's far from a bad game, but as an old school GTA player, when I buy a brand new GTA game I usually play through the whole story mode 3 or 4 times before I get bored and move on to another game. This time I played through the game once and that was enough.

"it's bigger and more beautiful than any game ever before it." ~ that doesn't necessarily equal fun to me.

"The online is greater than any game before" ~ well first that's a lie but second what about us who don't care about online game play.

"You can play as three different characters this time." ~ at no point was this a selling point to me, and experiencing it did not impress me at all.

This is a good game, worth the money but not up to the standards of GTA. After being a GTA fan for 16 years, this is the first time I am disappointed in one of their games.

What is up to the standards?
---
Mewtwo_Soul: "You can't trust a smile from Sony, but you'd better watch your back after shaking Microsoft's hand."
#9Bizwick01Posted 10/17/2013 8:21:55 PM
you're overrated
---
Gamertag: Bezwick
#10sdchiPosted 10/17/2013 8:28:13 PM
Thats a huge understatement. I figured I had to get the game after all those perfect review scores. Made me wonder, where the hell were all those scores coming from? Its not a bad game by any means, but far from one the greatest of all time. Massively overrated.