Why is the last triathlon so long?

#21BustaClownShoesPosted 10/19/2013 6:11:44 PM
Chisoka posted...
RedRaven80 posted...
Took me 29 minutes to complete.

You're just going to love the "Exercising the Truth" Epsilon mission.

This. At least there's a purpose to all the running in the triathalon, y'know to win? And at least you can switch fingers, pause etc. It's ONE event out of this whole massive game.

But that part of Kifflom? Man. At least you don't HAVE to tap...can tape the controller etc, but it was still so mind numbing.
#22JackieMoon33Posted 10/19/2013 6:55:43 PM
I tried it once and gave up about halfway through the swimming haha. I'll put on some Evanescence some day and knock it out of the way.
---
Drink up me 'earties, yo ho!
#23chaoscontrol325Posted 10/19/2013 7:36:05 PM
My problem with this was the supernatural opponents. A dude racing past me in 80MPH uphill is not okay. He actually raced so far past me that he was two checkpoints ahead. But when we got to the running part, he was just walking. So I ran the ****er over.
---
PSN: Lazuri65 XBL:LazuriXIII
If you don't write you're from GameFAQs and what board in the friend request, you will be denied.
#24Omega_GilgameshPosted 10/19/2013 8:14:36 PM
3CDED posted...
good you finished a 30 min triathlon. now go do the Le Mans 24 hours.

Okay...that actually sounds like it would be fun. I don't know what to make of that.

Maybe I'll make a race that circumnavigates the entirety of San Andreas a single lap. With all checkpoints in the oncoming traffic lane. And make it three laps by default.

To most modern day video gamers, especially those who thrive in short-attention-span games like COD multiplayer, that would feel like a real life triathalon.
---
The other day I bought a bag of Lays Chips flavored "Chicken and Waffles". It was good. Other people who've found this flavor: 2
#25Solid Snake07Posted 10/19/2013 9:46:43 PM
yeah i didn't really know what i was getting myself into when i started it, but after swimming for 7 minutes is decided it was best to just get it over with. it's really long but there is alot of room for error, i fell off my bike twice and caught back up. so long as you don't mess up right before the end of the bike leg you should be good.
---
''The only way to reduce the number of nuclear weapons is to use them.''
-Rush Limbaugh
#26OLIV47Posted 10/22/2013 1:32:01 AM
Erik_P posted...
It amazes me how people complain about all the tapping the triathlon takes.

There's this cool feature called the pause button.

If your finger starts hurting pause and take a break.

Or use a different finger to use.

Both solutions shouldn't have to be explained.

I used those tricks and it was ok ...
---
The truth is just an excuse for a lack of imagination .
#27RedRaven80(Topic Creator)Posted 10/22/2013 1:53:35 AM
Chisoka posted...
RedRaven80 posted...
Took me 29 minutes to complete.

You're just going to love the "Exercising the Truth" Epsilon mission.

I didn't mind that. I just ran in circles and watched YouTube videos. For the triathlons you actually have to pay attention.
---
Quoth The Raven Nevermore
http://www.last.fm/user/Liquid_Exodus
#283CDEDPosted 10/22/2013 4:22:27 AM
Omega_Gilgamesh posted...
3CDED posted...

Okay...that actually sounds like it would be fun. I don't know what to make of that.

Maybe I'll make a race that circumnavigates the entirety of San Andreas a single lap. With all checkpoints in the oncoming traffic lane. And make it three laps by default.

To most modern day video gamers, especially those who thrive in short-attention-span games like COD multiplayer, that would feel like a real life triathalon.

LOL im contemplating a Baja 1000 esque offroad race. that could be pretty entertaining too.
---
Resident GFAQS Karin Fanboi
http://www.hachiroku.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2008/05/_mg_7468.jpg
#29ArjuntaPosted 10/22/2013 5:03:33 AM
Omega_Gilgamesh posted...
3CDED posted...

The problem with your little poke at modern gamers is that the 30 minute single-button triathlon is a terrible piece of gaming, not because of its length, but because it is boring. It has nothing to do with short-attention-spans or kids who like the flash of COD. Move from point A to point B to Point C, all while tapping the A button. And it will take you about 10 real-life minutes to complete each portion. Not fun by any standards.
---
The King of Mediocrity
#30DMan304Posted 10/22/2013 7:01:18 AM
Am I the only one who enjoyed the last triathlon?
---
http://i.imgur.com/Bod2G1j.gif
http://i.imgur.com/FfZ84p3.gif http://i.imgur.com/3igx6Ty.gif