Anybody think the game is a bit too uncouth?

#21NavarexPosted 10/22/2013 11:20:49 AM
Juzten76 posted...
It's just a ****ing game. Take it or leave it. Who gives a ****?

EDGY
---
omg das ofensive pls delet it -__-
RE4 speedrun: 2:06
#22orangeneePosted 10/22/2013 11:23:35 AM
Navarex posted...
Juzten76 posted...
It's just a ****ing game. Take it or leave it. Who gives a ****?

EDGY

I'm going to be optimistic and say he was being ironic, given Lord Stickbottom's thoughts on profanity.
---
How to divide by Zero: Find person named Zero, get him/her to divide something.
GT/PSN:Hellsteeth30
#23xo0Achilles0oxPosted 10/22/2013 11:24:36 AM
Typhus12 posted...
I can't tell if this is a legitimate thread or not (going with 'not'), but I always laugh at people who find something in GTA to complain about before the wanton violence and crime. It's okay to shoot cops, rob stores, run down pedestrians, etc, but god forbid women are sexually objectified, drugs are done, there's lots of swearing or a man is t-t-t-tortured!

I wish more people would be consistent about the lines they draw.

I don't see a single complaint about violence in this thread. GTA = violence

But watching a character pick brains from the cleats of his boot is a little 'over the top' violent.

Maybe I'm getting too old, lol.
#24Typhus12Posted 10/22/2013 11:30:14 AM
xo0Achilles0ox posted...
Typhus12 posted...
I can't tell if this is a legitimate thread or not (going with 'not'), but I always laugh at people who find something in GTA to complain about before the wanton violence and crime. It's okay to shoot cops, rob stores, run down pedestrians, etc, but god forbid women are sexually objectified, drugs are done, there's lots of swearing or a man is t-t-t-tortured!

I wish more people would be consistent about the lines they draw.

I don't see a single complaint about violence in this thread. GTA = violence

But watching a character pick brains from the cleats of his boot is a little 'over the top' violent.

Maybe I'm getting too old, lol.

I'm just speaking in general. I've seen all those complaints this week alone strewn across the interwebs. I'm not saying people can't decide for themselves what's acceptable, I just think it's funny where that line is drawn in terms of violence against fake video game characters.
---
You're going to the science hospital!
#25xo0Achilles0oxPosted 10/22/2013 11:38:33 AM
Typhus12 posted...
I'm just speaking in general. I've seen all those complaints this week alone strewn across the interwebs. I'm not saying people can't decide for themselves what's acceptable, I just think it's funny where that line is drawn in terms of violence against fake video game characters.

Gotcha. I admit now that I kind of misread your first post, and I apologize. I agree with you entirely.
#26TheKokopelliPosted 10/22/2013 1:33:26 PM
TC should probably watch some YouTube videos of "gangstas." Granted, I work in the corporate world where wanton profanity is generally frowned upon, but I have seen people speaking like that.

However, the bantering between Franklin & Lamar is some of the funniest stuff I've heard, placing Franklin as my favorite character.
---
GT: kokopelli77
#27GeneralFrings(Topic Creator)Posted 10/22/2013 5:25:00 PM
It's not rocket science. Real gangsters need to communicate too I imagine... These guys just sit around oozing expletives without really accomplishing much in the way of dialogue.

Maybe that's how I works in the real world, I couldn't say.
---
How deep is too deep?
#28DarkLordMorsulPosted 10/22/2013 5:31:03 PM
ninjitsubob1 posted...
Jefferton alive!
Jefferton alive!
Hi. I'm the Mayor, and my door is always open for you!
Jefferton alive!
My name is Tom Peters and I'm full of ideas.
Community spirit!
Hi, how are you?
Shopping!
Food!
Free to be
Bein' free
Jefferton alive!

Hi Tom
---
"You exist because we allow it, you will end because we demand it."- Sovereign
#29GeneralFrings(Topic Creator)Posted 10/22/2013 5:31:19 PM
Is the game really 100% satire? I suppose that would make it a bit better.
---
How deep is too deep?