GTA 5 is game worth picking up for 30 bucks?

#1killtacular30Posted 10/28/2013 4:20:17 PM
I haven't played much of the GTA series, but a guy has the game for 30 bucks, I was thinking about getting it since it also has online play...
#2krevishPosted 10/28/2013 5:27:53 PM
Personally, I think it was worth the $119 I paid for it, so yeah... $30 is a steal.
#3schmittycent2Posted 10/28/2013 5:30:12 PM
Why is the guy selling you a game that's been out for a month?
---
Xbox GT schmittycent
#4RaAssassinPosted 10/28/2013 5:44:32 PM
singe player well worth it, i'd avoid it if you are looking for an online game only..
#5killtacular30(Topic Creator)Posted 10/29/2013 5:38:27 AM
I guess the guy is selling it because he's finished the game or just tired of it one... I know some people only play single player and not online...

I was looking to play both singer player and online but like I mention before never played much of the GTA series. Just not sure if I will get into the game enough to stick with it. Am wondering if I should get and play the GTA 4 Complete Edition?

Also about online are there other missions to do that you can't do in single player? What is the biggest thing about playing GTA online other than having other people to play through the game with?
#6cifer520Posted 10/29/2013 6:28:37 AM
GTA games are easy to get into, and this is probably the easiest game in the series (never played 1 and 2). If you like open world with an emphasis on activities instead of exploration, you'll like this. It takes a hit in the exploration department because you can't go inside many places, but there's still a lot to do. Just remember that about 60 percent of the gameplay is spent driving or traveling in various ways.
#7killtacular30(Topic Creator)Posted 10/29/2013 6:54:32 AM
I played GTA 5 for a few mins when my nephew was over and I did two mission, but the driving part on the second mission, the handling didn't feel good, like I move a little bit then I be all over the road, fighting to get the car back straight. Am not sure but I thought I read somewhere that the driving controls in GTA V were suppose be the best in the series?

How long is GTA V single player? And are missions fun to do and varied? I hate games that have lots to do and lots of missions but a lot of it ends of being the same... And should I play GTA 4 first being that game was rated highly to? But am guessing not many play it online much since 5 is out...

Also what else do you gain by playing online other than playing with friends or other players?
#8trenkenPosted 10/29/2013 7:45:51 AM
killtacular30 posted...
I played GTA 5 for a few mins when my nephew was over and I did two mission, but the driving part on the second mission, the handling didn't feel good, like I move a little bit then I be all over the road, fighting to get the car back straight. Am not sure but I thought I read somewhere that the driving controls in GTA V were suppose be the best in the series?

How long is GTA V single player? And are missions fun to do and varied? I hate games that have lots to do and lots of missions but a lot of it ends of being the same... And should I play GTA 4 first being that game was rated highly to? But am guessing not many play it online much since 5 is out...

Also what else do you gain by playing online other than playing with friends or other players?

Single player is 30-40 hours. Really depends on how much time you waste. The story sucks, its the worst story of all GTAs, but the gameplay is a lot of fun. Worth it for that. The online is atrocious so if thats important to you, I guess its still worth it for just $30.
---
WiiU | CygnusZero ///// 3DS | 1504-5688-7256
PS3 | CygnusZero
#9MadDewgPosted 10/29/2013 7:59:44 AM
I say go for it. I also don't really play much of the GTA series, the only GTA game I played the crap out of constantly prior to this one was san andreas on the ps2/pc, with vice city close behind san andreas. For me this game felt similar to how great san andreas was. Also all three of the main characters "clicked" for me, in comparison to GTA4 and the main character/niko, which was so damn boring that it literally used to put me to sleep at night...that game was a really great sleeping aid I tell you what.

Also the heists type missions is fun as hell, you will probably like those. For 30 dollars you might as well take the plunge (plus lets be honest here, it isn't like the 360 got much else going on in november and beyond =/ ).
---
GTag:MadDogg730 PSN:lMadDogg NNID:xMadDoggx Playing tales of xillia,FE:A, OP pirate warriors, dragon's crown, dynasty warriors 8, shantae: risky's revenge
#10AzaneAzerPosted 10/29/2013 8:30:06 AM
It was probably the GTA i was bored with the fastest, but it was still well worth the 60$