Top speed (spoilers)

#21EarlJenson(Topic Creator)Posted 11/12/2013 12:24:29 AM
I think with Franklin's ability, it will let you accelerate into infinity. If that's the case, the only limit on speed is the time it takes for the bar to drain. And if you're able to refill the bar after depleting it faster than you decelerate back to normal-fast speeds due to not using the ability, you would eventually reach a point where... even with the ability active, you couldn't make a tight enough turn to stay on the road, even on the gentle curvature of the freeways. Or slight changes in elevation of the road cause you to go airborne and lose control. Or something like that.
#22ElemenopePosted 11/12/2013 2:02:08 AM
nevermind, every version of the police Stanier in the game is modeled after the second generation Crown Victoria. The unmarked cruiser and the LSPD one weigh 1800 instead of 1400, and have different stats from the Taxi and Sheriff versions. I found out that these stats are exactly the same as those of the Washington luxury sedan. The only Stanier that is based on the first generation is the civilian sedan model. I thought there were two generations of police cruisers in GTA V, mainly because it used to say that on the wiki but also because its like the two generations of the Crown Victoria in real life.

I cant for the life of me think of what POLICE3 is then... it weighs 1450 and doesnt have any of the same stats as the other police cars, really... I thought it might be the police esperanto you see in the Intro, but that is apparently called the "Roadcruiser" in this game and is not listed on the spreadsheet. Nor is the police Rancher that is also featured in the intro
---
Humans, our best friends, yet our greatest weakness. - Bu113tPr00fM4n
Dear God, please kill Peter Parker.
#23FDFHighPunchPosted 11/12/2013 3:01:50 PM
EarlJenson posted...
I think with Franklin's ability, it will let you accelerate into infinity. If that's the case, the only limit on speed is the time it takes for the bar to drain. And if you're able to refill the bar after depleting it faster than you decelerate back to normal-fast speeds due to not using the ability, you would eventually reach a point where... even with the ability active, you couldn't make a tight enough turn to stay on the road, even on the gentle curvature of the freeways. Or slight changes in elevation of the road cause you to go airborne and lose control. Or something like that.

Well I tried last night with driving into oncoming traffic, going head on towards cars until the last second. The bar lasted longer and was refilling quite a bit but nowhere close to infinity. I still didn't beat the 262 mph.

As for testing out vehicles with different mods attached, I'll leave that until the PC version comes out and the first speedometer mod is made. Why R* didn't add a speedometer to a car game is beyond me. There's obviously is a speedometer measuring something somewhere but it's not visible.
---
Dirty Chinese Jumpsuit
#24FDFHighPunchPosted 11/12/2013 3:07:06 PM
JGA1980 posted...
For the sake of science, I had a go at recreating my top speed in the Adder and managed to reach 295.74mph:

http://tinypic.com/m/hrfukx/3

I managed to do this by not only using Franklin's special, but using it in short bursts to keep the Adder at just above maximum normal speed for most of the freeway, then I permanently activated the special on the final downhill stretch of the freeway as it enters Los Santon, roughly on the outskirts near the Vinewood Track.

The Adder flew though downtown LS like a missile until it was stopped by a bus at the Mazebank Arena.

Using the same technique, I also managed to get a Vacca up to 259.81mph, despite it's stated top speed only being 190mph, so perhaps we can conclude that under optimal conditions, i.e. using Franklin's special ability for a prolonged period on a downhill section whilst already going at top speed, Franklin can drive cars about 70mph more than their stated top speed.

I guess I have to believe it's possible now. That picture looks real
---
Dirty Chinese Jumpsuit
#25TRC187Posted 11/12/2013 10:01:04 PM(edited)
Elemenope posted...
nevermind, every version of the police Stanier in the game is modeled after the second generation Crown Victoria. The unmarked cruiser and the LSPD one weigh 1800 instead of 1400, and have different stats from the Taxi and Sheriff versions. I found out that these stats are exactly the same as those of the Washington luxury sedan. The only Stanier that is based on the first generation is the civilian sedan model. I thought there were two generations of police cruisers in GTA V, mainly because it used to say that on the wiki but also because its like the two generations of the Crown Victoria in real life.

I cant for the life of me think of what POLICE3 is then... it weighs 1450 and doesnt have any of the same stats as the other police cars, really... I thought it might be the police esperanto you see in the Intro, but that is apparently called the "Roadcruiser" in this game and is not listed on the spreadsheet. Nor is the police Rancher that is also featured in the intro

Where are you finding these stats? I would assume the POLICE3 would be the Ford Taurus cruiser found in Los Santos if you can't find it anywhere else. I wonder why they don't use accurate weight for the vehicles, what difference would it make? You are referring to lbs. not kgs. right? A Crown Vic or Taurus should weigh well over 3,800 lbs if it were being accurate.

EDIT: Ahh, I saw your auto file, great info. The mass is obviously representative of kgs then, which would actually be pretty close to RL vehicle weight.
---
"Its as American as apple pie, baseball & pain killers"..
#26EarlJenson(Topic Creator)Posted 11/15/2013 12:04:36 AM
Elemenope posted...

I was just looking through the guide the other day and apparently there's a police van too. Maybe that's it? There's a screenshot with it in the 'Subtle' approach for the Big One. The weight's not right (POLICEOLD must be the SUV), but then none of the other weights look right for a van. Unless that van is classified as one of the standard brands, and not an emergency vehicle... I dunno. Never tried Subtle on the Big One yet.

Kind of lame that there's different versions of the cruiser, but the vehicle showroom portion of the guide only has the one listed.
#27ElemenopePosted 11/15/2013 5:42:23 AM
nah, the police van is called the police transporter... its actually one of my favorite vehicles; just call up the other 2 characters to "hang out" and go on a rampage in it. Except for the tires, it is utterly impenetrable to bullets (except to the guy in the back when he opens the door to shoot his MG.) Its only vulnerable to explosives and heavy gunfire directly to the engine. Therefore, its nigh invincible to cops in this game (since they only shoot at your windows, not the engine) and you can sit in the middle of the road at five stars, with the van taking 100 bullets a second and your characters not losing any health. You can endlessly shoot through the little slits in the windows too.

FBI: FIB Buffalo
FBI2: FIB Granger (Chevy Suburban) SUV you see in the city. 60% FWD, 40% RWD, like the Granger itself and nearly all other Granger based models
FBIOLD: Unmarked CVPI (police 2nd Generation Ford Crown Victoria). Has the same stats as an unmodded Washington (Lincoln Town Car clone) and Stanier (civilian 1st Generation Crown Vic).
LGUARD: A strangely RWD only version of the Granger
PBUS: Prison Bus
POLICE: The "Vapid" police car you see everywhere, based on the new Ford Taurus police interceptor
POLICE2: Police Buffalo
POLICE3: ???
POLICEB: Police Bike
POLICEOL2: LSPD black and white CVPI ( a "Stanier" 2nd gen, just like the unmarked cruiser in stats)
POLICEOLD: Sheriff Granger SUV. It has a different drivetrain bias than the normal Grangers, with 30% going to the front and 70% to the back.
POLICET: The police transporter van I was just talking about. It spawns as a highway roadblock at 3 stars, blocking half the lanes and covering the rest with spike strips
PRANGER: Park Ranger, a Granger SUV
RIOT: A gigantic riot-control vehicle that only spawns at 5 stars, replacing the police transporter on large freeways when you are traveling in a very heavy vehicle. It can hold 4 people hanging off the sides and 4 people inside, and takes 4 sticky bombs to blow up (but only 1 grenade?). You can still be shot through the windows though.
SHERIFF: The standard Blaine County/L.S. County sheriff's vehicle, a "Vapid Stanier Police Interceptor". It looks exactly like the POLICEOL2 and the FBIOLD, but it weighs and handles a lot more like the POLICE. I assume this is done for balance issues, so you dont have one jurisdictions patrol car being superior to the other's.
---
#28EarlJenson(Topic Creator)Posted 11/15/2013 11:10:54 PM
Thanks for clarifying, I was kind of skimming and must have gotten the transport mixed up with the riot or something.

Going through the spreadsheet and checking it against the guide...

Spreadsheet lists a FORKLIFT, but there's nothing that's obviously the HVY Dozer. Did those get swapped at some point and no one bothered to change the name? Or is there a workable forklift somewhere, and the Dozer is a special case because of the treads (since the Rhino is also conspicuously absent)?

There's a SUPERD in Sedans that doesn't obviously match up with anything, too.

In the Service category, Airport Bus, Bus, Dashhound, and Rental Shuttle Bus seem to be mashed into AIRBUS and BUS in some way. In testing, I got similar numbers for the Airport Bus and Bus... but the Dashhound and Rental Shuttle Bus are dissimilar to those, and not similar to each other either.

In Sports, I couldn't figure out what the KHAMEL or URANUS were. By process of elimination, they'd have to be the Obey Cabrio and Enus Super Diamond, but which is which?

In SUVs, there's a SERRANO2 I can't account for, and the Mesa is missing. Maybe it uses the data for the Crusader in it's place?

And finally, in Utility, there's apparently a third variety of Utility Truck. I know of one with an arm and one without... what's the deal with this third kind?
#29EarlJenson(Topic Creator)Posted 11/19/2013 2:57:15 AM
Finally got to the Adder, and... it's "top speed" by the definition used here is just ~117 Mph.

To compare, the Coquette and Comet are both at ~113, the Ruiner and Akuma ~112, and the Police Cruiser ~108. No wonder running from the law on the roads isn't the best idea.
#30ElemenopePosted 11/21/2013 9:49:33 PM
the police also can use some kind of speed boost when they are chasing you. Its almost like Franklin using his ability. I've been in a modded adder going top speed and seen a cop use his boost and he was actually gaining on me (but way too slowly to catch me, then his "boost" ended and I left him in the dust), when I was already going at top speed.

There is a workable forklift, you can find it in some of the rural areas. I think I found one at the redwood Lights Race track; you can actually pick up stacks of pallets with it

The SUPERD in the Sedans section is the Enus Super Diamond, aka the Rolls Royce Phantom. IDK what the Obey cabrio is but I bet its a type of 9F, I heard there were two types. I think cabrio means convertable, so maybe it's a hardtop version? The URANUS was a car from GTA IV, I have never seen it in GTA V ever, nor have I ever heard of it being in the game. The KHAMEL is the Khamelion, an electric sports car (between the Surge and the Voltic) that you could only obtain by buying the special edition of the game. Also there are 3 types of utility truck: one looks like a pickup, one like a cherry picker, and one like a stockade. The mesa is listed under "off road", but that might just be the merryweather mesa. The Crusader is AWD and has a hitch, so thats not the mesa at all.

I dont know what the Serrano2 is
---