Tips for playing the Stock Market at beginning of the game.

#1Ron_Burgandy_Posted 3/6/2014 11:50:25 PM
I just got this game, had a few questions about the stock market.

I invested $1000 in Worldwide FM because it was very cheap. Is it possible to influence the stocks you can invest in? Such as buying or using a service from that business? Or is it all random?

Any tips anyone can give me would be much appreciated. Thank you.
---
[All above statements will be censored by a moderator for speaking the truth]
Yes We Scan! New America: Land of tyranny, home of the enslaved.
#2NavexPosted 3/7/2014 8:10:25 AM
I don't know what can be done to influence them. What I can tell you is save all the Assassination missions until after you beat the game (you will have way more money at the end which means more to invest in which means more money gross) and look what companies up ahead of time to see what you'll need to put your money in before you start the mission.

Also, the first Assassination mission is required to advance the game and the company you should invest in for that is Betta Pharmaceuticals. Invest all your money into that stock BEFORE you even trigger the mission, do the mission, and then go to a safehouse to save as this advances the game a few hours. What you should do is save on multiple files and keep checking the rise. Eventually it will max out and you'll know as it will stay stagnant for days, never going up anymore. When it does that sell it all and profit. I recommend multiple files as that way if something goes wrong like you advance too much and it goes down, you can use a backup save where it was still high so basically save, check stock, save again via new block, repeat.

This last piece of advice should be used on all Assassination ventures so you don't accidentally screw yourself over.

http://www.xboxachievements.com/forum/showthread.php?t=540411

http://www.xboxachievements.com/forum/showthread.php?t=543384

Check out those threads too for more info on profiting from the Assassination missions.
---
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/kungfury/kung-fury
#3JGA1980Posted 3/7/2014 10:34:49 AM
I noticed at the beginning of the game, Slaughter, Slaughter and Slaughter stocks were at an all time low, something like $3 compared to their all time high of around $50.

I invested all Franklin's and Michael's cash (including the Epsilon millions) in SSS at every opportunity before the mission Mr. Phillips, and whilst it never even broke double figures again, it did seem to fluctuate between $4 and $9 for most of the game, which is quite a good return for cheap stocks.

I cashed out Franklin's and Michael's SSS stocks at around $8 just before I did the first stock affecting assassination mission and neither of those characters ever had money problems.

However, the LCN pales in comparison to the BAWSAQ. About halfway through the game I managed to get lucky with some shares that I bought for a few dollars each and then cashed in a few weeks later when I picked up the game again for a game breaking return of thousands of percent (all 3 characters have the hard coded money limit of $2147483647 a couple of times over invested in stocks and about $1.6 billion in cash).

Even if you don't have Live, you could still make billions on the BAWSAQ if you check on the Rockstar website for some cheap $ stocks, briefly activate a 7 day trial of Live and buy the stocks, then cash them out before the trail ends.
#4AmazingDanyPosted 3/11/2014 3:39:03 PM
Navex posted...
I don't know what can be done to influence them. What I can tell you is save all the Assassination missions until after you beat the game (you will have way more money at the end which means more to invest in which means more money gross) and look what companies up ahead of time to see what you'll need to put your money in before you start the mission.

Also, the first Assassination mission is required to advance the game and the company you should invest in for that is Betta Pharmaceuticals. Invest all your money into that stock BEFORE you even trigger the mission, do the mission, and then go to a safehouse to save as this advances the game a few hours. What you should do is save on multiple files and keep checking the rise. Eventually it will max out and you'll know as it will stay stagnant for days, never going up anymore. When it does that sell it all and profit. I recommend multiple files as that way if something goes wrong like you advance too much and it goes down, you can use a backup save where it was still high so basically save, check stock, save again via new block, repeat.

This last piece of advice should be used on all Assassination ventures so you don't accidentally screw yourself over.

http://www.xboxachievements.com/forum/showthread.php?t=540411

http://www.xboxachievements.com/forum/showthread.php?t=543384

Check out those threads too for more info on profiting from the Assassination missions.

Thing is I need(ed) that billion dollars as I'm playing the story, not after, which becomes much less useful. I need that helpful amount NOW.
#5NavexPosted 3/11/2014 4:45:23 PM
Then good ****ing luck getting that kind of cash if you aren't willing to wait.
---
#6Destined4GreatnPosted 3/11/2014 5:43:14 PM
Why do you need it for the story?
---
I'm normally not a praying man, but if you're up there, please save me Superman.
#7AmazingDanyPosted 3/11/2014 6:44:06 PM
Destined4Greatn posted...
Why do you need it for the story?

Buy everything and anything, afford the priciest real estate, not worry ing about money.

JUST LIKE REAL LIFE.
#8NavexPosted 3/11/2014 8:21:01 PM
That's a little contradictory since you are worrying about money now. The only way you stand a chance at that kind of cash is after the story when you're loaded. Hypothetically, you could make that money at any point in the game but it would take forever. You would spend more time trying it any other way than just beating the game and using the Assassination missions/stock to put it simply. The reason everyone waits until the story is beat to do those missions as your capital is so high by that time and it makes it much faster to accumulate funds since you'll have so much already that can be doubled or even tripled. Using the stocks at any other point in the game besides the assassination stocks has been proven to be a waste if you're looking to get the kind of money you're talking about.

Why? Because their increases and decreases take too much time being it's so sporadic and it just ties up your money for so long waiting. I don't know why you insist you have all this crap at the beginning unless you're one of those OCD types that must do it all ASAP so they can move on to the next game but you're never going to make that kind of cash unless you use the recommended method. If you opt not to have fun playing until GTA VI getting that cash since you can just do it the smart and easy way via beating the story and saving the Lester missions until the end to take advantage of the stocks.
---