Did people hate TLaD that much? (SPOILERS)

#11B0vrilPosted 3/30/2014 8:45:50 AM
I also loved Johnny's appearance & demise in GTA V, but I also loved TL&D, probably more so than TBOGT & Johnny was a my favorite character from GTA IV.

I don't read Johnny's appearance as Rockstar thinking the fan base didn't like Johnny. I would read it more as a statement about how little Rockstar cares for the current fate of the series' past protagonists.

I mean, one could take the small passing mention of Nico as a reference to him being dead.

But ultimately I really enjoyed Johnny & the Lost's appearance & role in GTA V.
#12DarkLordMorsulPosted 3/30/2014 8:48:15 AM
I`m not into the whole biker thing so LaD wasn`t for me but I hardly call it crap. I thin Trevor kiling Jonny hs more to do with letting you know right up front Trevor has very few boundries.
---
"You exist because we allow it, you will end because we demand it."- Sovereign
#13DarkSeraphMPosted 3/30/2014 8:21:01 PM(edited)
I didn't hate it; I could take it or leave it. TBoGT too. Honestly all I wanted was DLC for Nico.
---
As tears of bubbling pitch stream down my face, my dark work will begin.
I will open one of my six mouths, and I will sing the song that ends the earth.
#14Paper_Mario_4Posted 3/30/2014 9:15:10 PM
Was Johnny Klebitz as much of a badass as Niko? In TLAD I mean.
#15k41mPosted 3/30/2014 10:34:06 PM
Paper_Mario_4 posted...
Was Johnny Klebitz as much of a badass as Niko? In TLAD I mean.

I actually liked him more than any of the GTA IV characters but like most bikers in real life he turned into a drug addict coward and it was time for him to go =P
#16CRK44Posted 3/30/2014 11:49:07 PM
Johnny Klebitz is not supposed to be some hero. No GTA player character is. In the end, they are all criminals with flaws who eventually die or fade into a life of obscurity.
#17harrysaccPosted 4/1/2014 7:25:42 AM
Johnny & The Lost MC were killed of in such a degraded way that it seems R* was trying to take a dump on any TLaD fan's face. It sure felt that way to me, I was completely bummed out by Trevor's first few missions. I just went and played through TLad for the first time in couple of years and had more fun than I did with GTAV, I'm not trying to troll.
#18B0vrilPosted 4/1/2014 9:46:02 AM
harrysacc posted...
Johnny & The Lost MC were killed of in such a degraded way that it seems R* was trying to take a dump on any TLaD fan's face. It sure felt that way to me

How you could feel that way is beyond me.

Sucks that's how it came across to you though.
#19PenguinLustPosted 4/1/2014 10:14:07 AM
I liked TLAD but I felt I couldn't connect with Johnny as a character. Most GTA protagonists have some traits that let you sympathize with them, and generally get to like them even though they're all violent murderers, lol. However, Johnny was just a stereotypical biker goon. That said, it was still a shocker how R* turned him into a meth-head and killed him off so unceremoniously. O_o
---
Gamertag: Penguin Lust
#20Mentalpatient87Posted 4/1/2014 12:11:26 PM
Mazryonh posted...
Still, making Johnny into a strung-out junkie when he had first-hand experience of what it did to Ashley was definitely out of character to me.

He was an enabler. A "beta male." After the chapter fell apart in LC all he had left were broken pieces and that woman. And they had quite the history. It wasn't like he was running himself literally to death for some random skank, it was his girl.
---
Glory to Arstotzka!