This is a great game, and I don't want to sound entitled, but

#1the_old_daysPosted 4/7/2014 12:38:56 PM
Does anyone else feel like rockstar has more or less abandoned the SP in favor of GTA online?

I know they've dangled the carrot of a substantial SP DLC, but there hasn't been any news or hints of what it entails, or when it will release. I know they need to support GTA Online, but I feel like those of us who don't enjoy MP gaming are kind of getting the shaft.

I feel like the longer they wait to support the SP, the greater the chance that they ultimately decide to forgo the SP DLC in favor of working on next gen projects and GTA Online.

I've purchased and played every GTA game released, including GTA Chinatown Wars, GTA 1 and 2, as well as the Stories releases (I haven't played GTA Advance), and yes, none of those games had DLC, but they didn't have comprehensive online modes that supported features that would have enriched the single player either, such as the inventory system, greater wardrobe options, and car insurance.

End of rant, folks.
---
Unus dies noctesque omnium dolor risus et pugna, et quod peto, omnes? Non autem odium, et faciemus.
#2Mentalpatient87Posted 4/7/2014 12:53:03 PM
the_old_days posted...
Does anyone else feel like rockstar has more or less abandoned the SP in favor of GTA online?

Not really. They put in all the DLC weapons and cars to SP. Other than the multiplayer jobs, maps, and game modes that wouldn't apply to SP anyway, what are you missing?

I know they've dangled the carrot of a substantial SP DLC, but there hasn't been any news or hints of what it entails, or when it will release.

Welcome to R* development. They're pretty tight-lipped about most things. Hell, we don't even get info on the DLC packs until a week or two prior. Do you remember pre-release when we had the (nearly?) year long information blackout after the first trailer?

but I feel like those of us who don't enjoy MP gaming are kind of getting the shaft.

How? Again, what are you missing? You have the vehicles, the clothes, and the weapons.

I feel like the longer they wait to support the SP, the greater the chance that they ultimately decide to forgo the SP DLC in favor of working on next gen projects and GTA Online.

That's just silly. I'd understand if this were EA or Ubisoft or some series that gets a yearly release, but it's not. R* isn't the kind of developer to make half a DLC pack (and they've been working on it already, you know that right?) and then just scrap it. That loses money.
---
Glory to Arstotzka!
#3schmittycent2Posted 4/7/2014 1:35:19 PM
I like the fact that we get all the same DLC content for sp as mp, I have to laugh every time someone is mad that they don't like them after they spent money for the in mp. I tell most people why not try the car out in sp for free. I do hope they add the mechanic and insurance to sp, also the ability to purchase more garages.
---
Xbox GT schmittycent
#4the_old_days(Topic Creator)Posted 4/7/2014 1:39:13 PM(edited)
I didn't know items added in the MP packs were incorporated into the SP as well, I knew the valentines pack did, but not the others.

Well, I guess you guys can flame up my ignorant ass then. I guess it's time to take my medicine.
---
Unus dies noctesque omnium dolor risus et pugna, et quod peto, omnes? Non autem odium, et faciemus.
#5Mentalpatient87Posted 4/7/2014 1:59:59 PM
the_old_days posted...
I didn't know items added in the MP packs were incorporated into the SP as well

Looking back through the Newswire, it looks like the Beach Bum and Business Updates also make mention that they available in Story Mode. Not to be too critical, but you just have to read what's readily available on the subject to be informed. Then you might not feel so shafted.
---
Glory to Arstotzka!
#6JGA1980Posted 4/7/2014 11:05:23 PM
I think your perception is skewed by the constant news updates regarding GTA: Online and it's making you feel the single player game has been abandoned, when in fact almost the opposite is true.

The first of GTA IV's single player episodes was released 10 months after the game, so there's still another 3 months until we can judge whether SP has been abandoned in comparison to previous GTA games, but in the meantime, GTA V has had something like 5 new weapons and 5 new vehicles added to the SP game (for free) since it's been released, which is a lot more attention and bonus content than GTA IV or any other GTA game has received in the same time frame.