Went back and played GTA IV, the Melee is so much more satisfying than in GTA V

#1Keyblade9000Posted 6/16/2014 5:49:36 PM
I went back and competed in the Cage matches from Gay Tony, and the Melee combat felt so much more than 5's sluggish attacks and constantly kicking people in the legs. How they screwed it up so badly in 5 is beyond me.
---
Not changing my sig 'till Kingdom Hearts 3 comes out.
Started 2-14-13
#2Keyblade9000(Topic Creator)Posted 6/16/2014 5:52:59 PM
Keyblade9000 posted...
I went back and competed in the Cage matches from Gay Tony, and the Melee combat felt so much more *funthan 5's sluggish attacks and constantly kicking people in the legs. How they screwed it up so badly in 5 is beyond me.

---
Started 2-14-13
#3nativenginePosted 6/16/2014 6:02:24 PM
Rockstar is capable of good melee, 4 was better then 5s I'll agree. But they nailed it in The Warriors. Honestly, I don't know why we still don't have a f***ing grab button. It could be used in so many different ways.
---
Vegetarian- an old Indian word meaning bad hunter
"That little green bastard never said ANYTHING about purple lightning!"
#4Keyblade9000(Topic Creator)Posted 6/16/2014 6:13:42 PM
nativengine posted...
Honestly, I don't know why we still don't have a f***ing grab button. It could be used in so many different ways.

Vice City Stories for the PSP had grabbing. You could press triangle to grab someone and then proceed to beat the everliving crap out of them and press triangle again to throw them. Or do it from behind to snap their necks for an instant kill.
---
Started 2-14-13
#5nativenginePosted 6/16/2014 6:35:24 PM
Keyblade9000 posted...
nativengine posted...
Honestly, I don't know why we still don't have a f***ing grab button. It could be used in so many different ways.

Vice City Stories for the PSP had grabbing. You could press triangle to grab someone and then proceed to beat the everliving crap out of them and press triangle again to throw them. Or do it from behind to snap their necks for an instant kill.

That's what I mean, they have the right idea. You think they'd apply it to their new games. RDR was pretty bad, 4s was a step in the right direction, 5 took a step back.
---
Vegetarian- an old Indian word meaning bad hunter
"That little green bastard never said ANYTHING about purple lightning!"
#6Ja14Posted 6/20/2014 10:16:30 PM
I just don't get why they never re-used The Warriors fighting system. It was awesome getting into fights and beating the crap out of people.
---
George Stark: You are disturbing the peaceful mood I'm in. You are disturbing the frame of mind I'm in. You are disturbing my peaceful frame of mind.
#7ECWRULZPosted 6/23/2014 3:42:26 PM
I really liked fighting in Sleeping Dogs. Especially since you don't really have guns too often.
---
Not changing this sig until Zack Ryder is fired from or quits WWE. Started 12/9/13
FTW Heavyweight Champion http://i.imgur.com/LebPXrC.jpg
#8wmc128Posted 6/23/2014 6:34:11 PM
As a martial arts enthusiast, the more melee combination the better. Lets hope for the next GTA installment that Rockstar gets the melee combat like they did Vice City Stories and IV.
---
When the rich wage war and the patriotic w***** dig their own graves for their own sake.Another casualty.Another tragedy -"Qwerty" by Mushroomhead
#9IWBYDPosted 6/23/2014 7:12:53 PM
I want what you guys are smoking. Melee in 4 was a mess.

Its as if people forgot how much they whined 6 years ago. now all of a sudden 4's a masterpiece.......
---
But the dog beat me over the fence.
http://faqsmedia.ign.com/faqs/image/article/111/1116164/skull_iwhbyd.jpg
#10Keyblade9000(Topic Creator)Posted 6/23/2014 9:10:09 PM
IWBYD posted...
I want what you guys are smoking. Melee in 4 was a mess.

Its as if people forgot how much they whined 6 years ago. now all of a sudden 4's a masterpiece.......

The Melee in 4 may not be all that, but compared to 5? It is much better.
---
Started 2-14-13