5 simple things that could've make this game more enjoyable

#1wonderingalienPosted 6/28/2014 2:42:58 PM
1.Controllable cinematic view for car,boat,airplaine etc
--Since most of the game is driving, why not make it a more enjoyable thing to do? Looking at your car from behind all the time gets old, and yea you can turn on the cinematic view but at times it can be hard to look where you're going! Why not let the player choose on which cinematic view to stay on permanently until he/she decides to change it.

2.A controllable cinematic on foot view
--very similar to the above.

3.Choice of mp3/radio player while on foot
--Combine this with number two to be on foot with style! I guess the phone could be used as the radio/mp3 player(like Michael was doing when Franklin came to him looking for work). While on foot just push a button to have the character put some ear phones on/off and yea you get the picture.

4.Better shooting system while driving
--I don't need to explain this one.

5.Lock wanted level cheat code(at least while off missions)
--Cops are annoying d**** period
#2schmittycent2Posted 6/28/2014 3:30:02 PM
The only one I agree with is the last one. I personally think your number 3 would be pointless considering I enjoy the sounds while on foot.
---
Xbox GT schmittycent
#3ggj1987Posted 6/28/2014 3:35:33 PM
1. Less annoying cops (catch-up with police cars especially)
2. Ability to change default vehicle
3. Ability to repair and clean emergency vehicles somewhere
4. Health and armor like in GTA IV, in V they're way too weak
5. Characters that don't die that quickly. For example: You crash into something, the character flies out through the windshield and dies mid-air
#4B0vrilPosted 6/28/2014 3:42:31 PM
An improved "Wasted Screen". The current Wasted screen doesn't play for very long at all after the player dies & you can't manipulate the camera. I wish it hold indefinably until the player hit continue.

I also have come to HATE that shutter snap & "bong" sound that plays when you fail a mission or die. It's so obnoxiously loud & annoying!
#5wonderingalien(Topic Creator)Posted 6/28/2014 4:57:23 PM
ggj1987 posted...
1. Less annoying cops (catch-up with police cars especially)
3. Ability to repair and clean emergency vehicles somewhere
4. Health and armor like in GTA IV, in V they're way too weak
5. Characters that don't die that quickly. For example: You crash into something, the character fliesout through the windshield and dies mid-air

3.I think you can do that by quick saving while in one and then loading that save.

4.On this I can agree when Im being shot at in a vehicle. Enemys seem to have perfect accuracy and I have almost no way to cover!

schmittycent2 posted...
The only one I agree with is the last one. I personally think your number 3 would be pointless considering I enjoy the sounds while on foot.

number three I said to have it as a choice
#6stony9Posted 6/28/2014 5:55:34 PM
ggj1987 posted...

Yes! Maybe an Oracle or Jackal for Michael. Something fast that seats 4.

A Banshee for Franklin, my favorite car with the guy I do most of my driving with.

And give Trevor a Dominator. It looks badass and feels great.

B0vril posted...
An improved "Wasted Screen". The current Wasted screen doesn't play for very long at all after the player dies & you can't manipulate the camera. I wish it hold indefinably until the player hit continue

Man this would be nice. It always cuts off way too early. It seems that right before something amazing is gonna happen, the screen goes black.
---
Drink up me 'earties, yo ho!!!
#7B0vrilPosted 6/30/2014 10:00:19 AM
stony9 posted...
Man this would be nice. It always cuts off way too early. It seems that right before something amazing is gonna happen, the screen goes black.

Yea, it's strange that R* have left it so short. GTA is a game where I want to see those insane deaths play out or that last grenade go off after I die.
#8Master MindPosted 7/1/2014 4:46:33 AM(edited)
Have invincibility last longer than 5 minutes. Whose bright idea was that. That's not near enough time to do anything fun with it. If it was going to be timed it should have been 10 minutes minimum so it's actually fun to use.

The cops overall in this game are ridiculous. I die so much more than I did in IV. Armor seems useless and without Trevor's ability dying on even 3 stars is too easy. Not to mention their endless ramming. Cop cars are fast, yes, but I'm flooring it in the higher end sports cars and suddenly I'm rammed from behind and crash into the wall. Not to mention how incredibly idiotic it is when they ram full speed into a tank and blow themselves up. To say nothing about flying away in a plane or chopper and getting out of sight only to have a cop chopper spawn directly in front of me every time, making escape impossible. Preaching to the choir, I know.
---
I could out-smart CSI. I could out-smart YOU.
#9levyjl1988Posted 7/1/2014 6:42:04 AM
Something tells me when the PC version hits, it will be heavily hacked to support those features and will most likely surpass what Rockstar built. Never underestimated the modding community, just look at Skyrim and wow. Heck even a better character customization is likely going to be built.
---
I hate games with bad game design
#10levyjl1988Posted 7/1/2014 6:59:25 AM
Thins I would like to see:

1. Cops would attempt to make an arrest if you have 1 star. If caught you are caught, cuffed, and brought to jail at the back of a cop's car. Someone else from online would be able to break you out.
2. Health and stamina be displayed when you use the extended map view options in the menu.
3. When online, if you were left last using an air vehicle, you would be able to use it.
4. More variety of weapons can be used as passenger seat. ie) able to use a rocket launcher or Gatling gun or sniper rifle on the back of a truck or helicopter.
5. Game needs more interiors to visit and context sensitive interactions.
6. More mini games, like bowling and baseball.
7. Wildlife online.
8. Girls having purses online and the ability to loot bodies for cash like assassin' screed but faster.
9. Playlist for competitive (versus) and cooperative (for those who don't want to face others.
10. Ammo is cheaper and less expensive.
11. Riot shield use.
12. Players can get a pet and put in your house.
13. There is no censorship online. Depending on your Region depends on the level of censorship if necessary. Don't screw it up for everyone.
14. Plastic surgery, for those who don't like the look of their character. Although there is always a default option to change it to what your character looked before the changes (SR style).
15. Use the radio on foot. More selection of headphones variety. Player using the radio will pop on earbuds.
15. Players be able to integrate their own custom tunes in the game.
16. More NPCs on screen to make the game more lively.
17. Animals to hunt.
18. Special treasure chests underwater to claim.
19. Collectibles in campaign are in online.
20. Giant cruise ship to explore, pirate, and control.
21. Make heists more like heat.

This game would have been more seriously fun without the involvement of Shark Cards to be honest. It feels like it's being held back too much like Diablo 3 was with the auction house.
---
I hate games with bad game design