we need to get in the top 5 message boards

#1plessykiller201Posted 7/12/2014 7:22:01 AM
Screw online. gta never needed online cuz the story missions were always fun with lots of variety. San andreas best example but imo that and 5 are tied for best gta. Even the top view chinatown wars for psp was super fun with awesome missions and i beat VC stories 3 times. So come on bros lets make and reply to topics theres loads to talk about
---
Currently playing gta5, cod ghosts, assassins creed brotherhood
#2nativenginePosted 7/12/2014 7:31:12 AM
It'll be top 5 when the SP DLC comes out. Till then, there really isn't much to talk about. 5s story wasn't very good.
---
Vegetarian- an old Indian word meaning bad hunter
"That little green bastard never said ANYTHING about purple lightning!"
#3plessykiller201(Topic Creator)Posted 7/12/2014 7:56:34 AM
++SPOILERS++

nativengine posted...
It'll be top 5 when the SP DLC comes out. Till then, there really isn't much to talk about. 5s story wasn't very good.

Really?? I thought the story was incredible how all 3 characters reacted with each other then helped each other to the end despite all the backstabbing that occured. Compared to gta 4 where every single missions was exactly the same. Go to a place to kill a guy kill his buddies/bodyguards while main guy escapes in a car chase him and kill him. Yeah there was a few of those in 5 but 4 was literally that mission whole game. Plus they finally took out the side missions weve all played 100 times police firefighter paramedics ice cream truck cars and bikes parked around the city that would start a lame checkpoint thing ect and added new ones
---
#4cifer520Posted 7/12/2014 9:25:10 AM
The story is littered with unexciting missions that only exist for the sake of dialogue. There are good missions and the heists are awesome but there is still a lot of boring content throughout the story. There's also several annoying characters who made me want to skip dialogue many times.
#5plessykiller201(Topic Creator)Posted 7/12/2014 9:48:17 AM
cifer520 posted...
The story is littered with unexciting missions that only exist for the sake of dialogue. There are good missions and the heists are awesome but there is still a lot of boring content throughout the story. There's also several annoying characters who made me want to skip dialogue many times.

What missions were boring to u? Besides a couple of the epsilon ones but i cant think of any others except the missions that were just talking then nothing to do
---
#6nativenginePosted 7/12/2014 11:02:50 AM
plessykiller201 posted...
++SPOILERS++

nativengine posted...

Really?? I thought the story was incredible how all 3 characters reacted with each other then helped each other to the end despite all the backstabbing that occured. Compared to gta 4 where every single missions was exactly the same. Go to a place to kill a guy kill his buddies/bodyguards while main guy escapes in a car chase him and kill him. Yeah there was a few of those in 5 but 4 was literally that mission whole game. Plus they finally took out the side missions weve all played 100 times police firefighter paramedics ice cream truck cars and bikes parked around the city that would start a lame checkpoint thing ect and added new ones

Spoilers
Most people liked those side missions, taking them out and replacing them with yoga,Epsilon and Altruist was an awful idea. Most of the missions in 5 are no different than past games. Drive here, kill him, escape police. And escaping the police is no easy task an your stars elevate way too quickly. The heist were nothing special and only 2 actually make you any money.

They gave us a huge map and used only a quarter of it mostly. Save for 1 mission where you drive around the map for a half hour to get a couple cars(that you don't get payed for stealing).

The story itself is simple and lacking of any real antagonist. Every other GTA protagonist had a reason to kill their rival. Catalina tried to kill Claude, Sonny sent Tommy to jail for 15 years and use him, Tenpenny orchestrated CJ's moms death, Darco had all of Niko's friends and village murdered, Pegarino or Demetri killed his loved one.

Haines? Made you do things you didn't want to, Chang kidnapped Michael for a day and didn't do business with Trevor, Stretch set you up with a rival gang( a gang that isn't really established as a rival outside of dialogue). And Weston was just a douche. There's really no reason to hate these guys.

And at the end of it all, you have millions but nothing to do with it. Buy a car, your garage eats it and you're SOL. Buy a business, you get phone calls for the rest of your time that lead to a simple chase this guy, get your money, end.

Great game but its not the best GTA in many areas. Bigger map, better graphics and the weapons wheel are some of the only qualities it has over past GTAs. They gave us an ocean to explore but didn't give you any reason to explore it. Honestly, if it wasn't for Online I wouldn't be playing this game anymore till we got some SP DLC. 3, Vice, SA and 4 I still play. That wouldn't be the case for 5 if Online didn't exists.
---
Vegetarian- an old Indian word meaning bad hunter
"That little green bastard never said ANYTHING about purple lightning!"
#7plessykiller201(Topic Creator)Posted 7/12/2014 12:14:01 PM
Spoilers

Damn i guess we just have different opinions, which is fine of course but even tho the heists didnt pay they were fun and doing the preperation missions were fun. Ur right about not really having a good "end boss" but i think its more about trevor and micheal getting back together then it was kinda like they were the main enemies towards the end kinda hard to explain but basically micheal was or should have been the final boss for trevor cuz he screwed him over real bad also that fib dude felt good to kill cuz all the stuff he made us do cuz of micheal. As for mission variety maybe ppl thought they were lame like racing that girl down the mountain on a bike or parachuting or diving for sub pieces and stuff like that was cool to me and doing killing missions were way better being able to coordinate different routes with all 3 characters at the same time
---
#8jude1974Posted 7/12/2014 12:38:26 PM
One thing I'll say as far as this....

"Buy a car, your garage eats it and you're SOL."

That only happens if you try to put a different car in the "default" garage or parking area of the respective character.

You can buy a car, mod it, change it up, do whatever, and as long as you store it in the separate bigger garage, there aren't any problems. You just can't change the "default" car of the characters to be something else.
#9plessykiller201(Topic Creator)Posted 7/12/2014 3:36:53 PM
Also whats altruist and where do i find that mission? I dont see it on the social club
---
#10jude1974Posted 7/12/2014 7:56:41 PM
plessykiller201 posted...
Also whats altruist and where do i find that mission? I dont see it on the social club

It's actually a camp of lunatics and cannibals. As Trevor, if you pick up some of the random event people, you have the option of delivering them to wherever they want to go, or to take them to the hillbilly camp instead. After 3 or 4, you get a "mission" involving the camp.

Also, you have a limited number of hitch-hikers to do this with, so if you have already picked them up, it can be possible to miss out on the camp mission.