Just bought game - Freezing on R* Loadup page ...

#1NazomiPosted 7/14/2014 2:12:47 AM
Hi all,

I am obviously very late to GTA5 as I have been away for a fair amount of time so bought this last week and have spent 1 hour on it at time of purchase. Went to play yesterday and this problem occurred.

Background:

The game is installed via disc one (Takes between 15-20 minutes)
Insert disc two is inserted and it works fine - I shut down after saving and pressing the power button

A week later (Yesterday) I return to play and it freezes at the r* page.
Quick check online it seems plenty of people experience this ... EIGHT MONTHS AGO. Anyway

I clear cache - nothing
I have to delete everything (bar saves)

Re-install, takes twenty minutes
Insert disc two - works fine, play for half hour, head to the gym
Return - same problem

Delete
Reinstall
Insert disc two all is well for 1 hour then it crashes on the 'Michael Tennis coach mission' Game suggests it could be the disc when it auto re-boots. Try again, same thing.

So I've just borrowed it from a friend who tested it on two consoles before I left his house, get to my place and BOOM freezes on R* page. WTF!!!!

I have 160GB free storage. It's a SLIM console (not the newest variety the one before).

Every other game works fine. Never had a game crash on me, not that I can recall within the last 3 or so years anyway so I have no idea

TLDR;

Game crashing R* Page - tried deleting and reinstalling, works at the time but after xbox shut down same problem persists. To make matters worse also crashed on a certain mission twice. Borrowed a friends copy, also freezing same spot. XBOX has 160GB free space, tried deleting cache problem persists

SOLUTIONS?

Only thing I can find on R* page is to move save file to a USB and try loading which I'll try shortly. So annoying

Any help would be appreciated thank you
---
X360 GT: BarrattsMini
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KOUBxJnH52Y
#2Nazomi(Topic Creator)Posted 7/14/2014 4:12:55 AM
For what it's worth....

Got it working - had to delete the update then cancel when it tries to download it again.

Great work R*
---
#3schwatzzPosted 7/14/2014 1:58:26 PM
Just to clarify, are you installing the play disc to the harddrive? If you do, that causes some major errors. Try installing the play disc on to a usb flash drive.
#4Nazomi(Topic Creator)Posted 7/15/2014 11:28:59 AM
schwatzz posted...
Just to clarify, are you installing the play disc to the harddrive? If you do, that causes some major errors. Try installing the play disc on to a usb flash drive.

I was not - I only installed disc one as I was informed of this beforehand.

Whatever the most recent update was/is was causing the problem. I deleted that and it plays perfectly. I've just got all three playable guys so going well just have to cancel that download every time - no biggie but still ... good work R* lol
---