RDR did it. Let's have a GTA Zombie expansion or DLC!

#31plessykiller201Posted 7/29/2014 7:06:47 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#32-Morbid-Posted 7/30/2014 5:12:01 AM
I'm only ok with a zombie thing if they do it right and make it a serious simulation, where we need to search around for food and survivors and such, with no obnoxious running zombies or stupid jumping zombies or any of that bull****, that tries to convey the oppressive feeling of a flood of flesh slowly surrounding your little fortress, where the biggest threats are other survivors, starvation, and complacency...

...Which they won't do because the game is supposed to sell to the modern crowd of idiots who get bored when something hasn't exploded in the last 3 minutes and give up if they can't win easily.

As a zombie fan in general, I'm sick of all these stupid games missing the point and becoming another "shoot as many things as you can" twitch-shooting challenge. Most of them have **** all to do with actual zombies and just use the zombies as something that kids will be allowed to kill (kind of like Nazis or aliens or whatever that won't offend people), and they are just hurting the real zombie stuff by burning everyone out on zombies.

If they want to make State of Decay with smarter AI, less glitches, and more logic, depth, and choices, then I am all for it. Otherwise... why bother?
---
There is always room for one less.
#33minifatPosted 7/31/2014 3:10:49 PM
Asthenia182 posted...
There's no appeal to zombies anymore they're so played out its not even funny. Doesn't fit the game anyway, vibrant tropical paradise doesn't make for an ominous setting.

Did zombies fit in a Red Dead game? No. But was Undead Nightmare of the best experiences I've ever had? Yes.
---
"brb making a new video about Skull Face and Big Boss as allies, because that idea isn't stupid anymore" - AngryGFAQer
#34jude1974Posted 7/31/2014 4:34:48 PM
minifat posted...
Asthenia182 posted...
There's no appeal to zombies anymore they're so played out its not even funny. Doesn't fit the game anyway, vibrant tropical paradise doesn't make for an ominous setting.

Did zombies fit in a Red Dead game? No. But was Undead Nightmare of the best experiences I've ever had? Yes.

Except that yes, they did fit in RDR. Perfectly. That's why it was such an amazing experience. They absolutely don't fit, in the numerous other tacked on crap.
#35FDFHighPunchPosted 7/31/2014 5:07:42 PM
jude1974 posted...
minifat posted...
Asthenia182 posted...

Except that yes, they did fit in RDR. Perfectly. That's why it was such an amazing experience. They absolutely don't fit, in the numerous other tacked on crap.

Yeah, I felt like they fit as well. RDR's setting really was the glue. Marston is more of a hero than any of the GTA 5 protags too. Im not sure Michael would really care if Amanda and his two punk kids turned into undead.
#36ChemicalfirPosted 8/1/2014 3:54:58 PM
No one likes Dead Island? :(
I feel lonely... Well i've got Sam B rap Music to listen to when im slaughtering zombies with a paddle. :)
Anyways i felt like zombies fits in RDR and i liked it so much i 100% it. Nothing beats a cowboy who blow up zombies on a flaming horse with an explosive rifle. ;)
---
"The ancient viking from the depths of Sweden"
Xbox GT: Chemicalfir
#37TheBestFallerPosted 8/1/2014 4:06:52 PM
Eff zombies, Give me Dinosaurs.
#38Shawk3Posted 8/1/2014 5:14:25 PM
**** no. Zombies are the same old, same old.
#39TrentallicAPosted 8/1/2014 7:57:51 PM
Supposedly leaked Zombie DLC. If it turns out to be true I'm disappointed.

http://youtu.be/QRN6WKdWhgE
---
All hail The Flying Spaghetti Monster
GT - Trantula45
#40schwatzzPosted 8/1/2014 10:44:04 PM
TrentallicA posted...
http://youtu.be/QRN6WKdWhgE

It's just the code for an NPC who dresses up as a zombie in Vinewood Hills I believe, near the star walk.