How to enable Xbox 360 Controller?

#1to1337caPosted 12/26/2011 5:12:33 PM
This is most odd. The instruction for the PC version of LA Noire says that the game can auto detect the Xbox 360 controller and can dynamically switch between the controller and the keyboard. However, I am unable to do so, as the game will not detect my controller. The controller works otherwise and Windows Vista can see it without problem.

Did I accidentally disable it in some option menu? How do I re-enable controller control?
#2to1337ca(Topic Creator)Posted 12/30/2011 1:13:28 AM
Help? Still can't figure this out.

to1337ca posted...
This is most odd. The instruction for the PC version of LA Noire says that the game can auto detect the Xbox 360 controller and can dynamically switch between the controller and the keyboard. However, I am unable to do so, as the game will not detect my controller. The controller works otherwise and Windows Vista can see it without problem.

Did I accidentally disable it in some option menu? How do I re-enable controller control?
#3Gater29Posted 12/30/2011 2:00:00 AM

All I did was plug in my controller, and when I loaded up the game I didn't have to do anything but start using it. As soon as I pushed a button on it, it changed all of the icons and control settings to the controller. Easy as pie.

#4King-BartPosted 1/1/2012 7:18:22 PM

Gater29 posted...

All I did was plug in my controller, and when I loaded up the game I didn't have to do anything but start using it. As soon as I pushed a button on it, it changed all of the icons and control settings to the controller. Easy as pie.

same

#5cwjakesteelPosted 1/6/2012 4:27:28 PM
I know your problem. In the settings of the game, go to controls and then game controller, then enable the game controller.

It's automatically on enabled, but you can set it to be on, off, or vibrate. If you use your controller to switch between these, it will turn off so you have to use your mouse to get it back working.
---
If you believe in Jesus Christ, have accepted him as lord and savior, and are 100% proud, put this in your sig.
#6altandf4Posted 1/6/2012 5:37:15 PM
If you have never gone to microsoft's website and gotten the official drivers, that could be the issue too. Drivers for the xbox controller that is