Tiny Tower Tips

#1el ninioPosted 7/1/2011 7:36:11 AM
I thought I'd start a thread to discuss some tips for this game.

One thing I learnt after ~12 floors was the importance of always having residences open. So my tip would be to only move in 4 bitizens in any apartment. That way you always have more open spaces for people to move in and evict if you can't immediately fulfill their dream job.
---
El Nino is spanish for..... The Nino
#2biplexPosted 7/1/2011 10:33:22 AM
1. Don't spend bucks on speeding up stuff.

2. Save them and exchange for cash - but only once you get 50,

3. Once you get about 10 floors start upgrading elevators - that will speed the game considerably.

4. Perfect ratio of residential/work floors would be 3/5, but that's when you have all residential floors full, however we only want to make 4 rooms taken. So the ratio we are going for is 3/4.

This way we can put whatever people into residential until we have 4 of them. When we get fifth, if he would get dream job immediately - we keep him, and throw other guy that does not have dream job. Otherwise we just throw away 5th guy. If all 5 guys are dream jobbers - we keep them that way.

But remember we want as many 4 man residential floors as possible - that will increase chance of getting more dream jobbers. So if switching old dreamjobber for new one would reduce one of the full residential floors to 4 man one, do so.

5. If you have a floor that has all 3 dream jobbers, and we get new guy that has the same dream job. Then get one of the workers to go jobless and add 4th one - this way you can cash in 3 bucks from him. Make sure you keep 3 guys with the highest skill for that job, and throw away last one.

6. Always have one floor in building state - this way you will never waste building vip.

7. if you get buy all vip, it might be beneficial to spent bucks to sell tier 1 and 2 items and send the VIP to buy out 3rd tier. Remember 1 buck is worth 2K when you exchange them in multiples of 50. So only do it if you would get more per buck than 2K. That does not happen very often.
#3MaxP188Posted 7/6/2011 8:58:15 AM
Your tip 1 offsets tip 3 you know. You should edit and combined the 2 with the notion upgrade elevator to the 75bux range and then stope upgrading.
---
wow!
#4MikeyDoylePosted 7/6/2011 12:25:46 PM
He suggested upgrading the elevator. Which yes results in it "speeding up".

When point one mentions speeding up, it's only referring to Hurry Up the stock of an item or the construction of a floor.

I've heard a couple of times now to not upgrade the elevator past 75 bux.
---
PSN: Elyod Leahcim
GameCenter: Elyod Leahcim
#5SteveinatorPosted 7/6/2011 1:49:20 PM
MikeyDoyle posted...

I've heard a couple of times now to not upgrade the elevator past 75 bux.

Why is that? Just curious since I just got the 75 bux elevator last night.
---
Mario stopped dying in some of your games 'cause funeral costs were getting too high. -LightningYoshi
#6MikeyDoylePosted 7/6/2011 2:11:51 PM
People are saying that the 125 elevator doesn't move much faster than 75.
---
#7RayKnightPosted 7/6/2011 7:07:14 PM
I was one of them who mentions that the 125 lift isn't that better. I would have spent the bux on 200k worth of money instead of upgrading my lift. But that's just me. I would like to have the 75 bux lift and use the money for something else.
---
"So I waltz into a bar and yelled at a number of men before they charged at me!" ~ Sir Redred the Reckless
#8biplexPosted 7/7/2011 5:34:56 AM
MikeyDoyle posted...
People are saying that the 125 elevator doesn't move much faster than 75.

With low building you don't really feel the difference.
Once you get over 45 floors you will change your mind :)
#9MikeyDoylePosted 7/7/2011 1:14:42 PM
Is it smart to always leave one spot open in each apartment floor to help get more dream jobs?

I understand that once the floor has 5 dream jobs then it's ok to leave it full.

Every time I drop someone off on a full apartment floor, I always think that person might have been a dream jobber.

I feel having dream jobs are extremely important, not for the 3 bux but for the 2x stock. I hate running out of stock quickly.
---
#10deathfisaroPosted 7/7/2011 5:32:41 PM
As you get your 4th 9-stat dream jobber of the same type, you can evict the one who is living on a floor with 5 dream jobbers.

Other than that I just evict the lowest skilled dream jobber regardless of floor
---
Proud (lol) owner of
Blue PSP Phat, Onyx NDSL, PS3 60GB, XBox360 Premium