Does the game support Gamepads?

#1ATARIJAWAPosted 11/20/2012 10:29:53 PM
Specifically an xbox controller?
---
Gamefaqs game rating system : 9-10 = Best Game Ever. 8-9. Crushing dissapointment. 8 and below : Garbage. This is getting ridiculous. people agreeing so far 86
#2MarthMoopaPosted 11/20/2012 10:58:55 PM
Why would you do this?

You cannot compete against mice with analog sticks.
#3ATARIJAWA(Topic Creator)Posted 11/20/2012 11:27:15 PM(edited)
If you must know I have a muscular disorder and am bedridden temporarily. I have a top of the line gaming laptop that runs most games on max settings but using a mouse in bed is difficult. A controller makes things easier for me. I'm interested in simply playing the game. Yes it puts me at a disavantage (barely) but lets me play and that's all I care about. What else am I going to do? Watch Honey Boo Boo?
---
Gamefaqs game rating system : 9-10 = Best Game Ever. 8-9. Crushing dissapointment. 8 and below : Garbage. This is getting ridiculous. people agreeing so far 86
#4RaidenGrayPosted 11/20/2012 11:23:21 PM
By default in beta it didnt. I would doubt they added it even in live. However you can get a program like say Xpadder/Joy2Key/etc. and just make a profile for FPS games and it'll work well for most FPS's. Heck someone probably already has a profile for various programs that mimic keystrokes on gamepads that are config'd for PS2.

It'll be a little tougher fightin' against mice, obviously. But even I myself just kinda wanna kick back on my bed at night with a controller and relax. Used those tools with good effectiveness to play games upwards in complexity of RPG's and MMOs
---
GamerTag: Jeffreh
#5ATARIJAWA(Topic Creator)Posted 11/20/2012 11:26:40 PM
By default in beta it didnt. I would doubt they added it even in live. However you can get a program like say Xpadder/Joy2Key/etc. and just make a profile for FPS games and it'll work well for most FPS's. Heck someone probably already has a profile for various programs that mimic keystrokes on gamepads that are config'd for PS2.

It'll be a little tougher fightin' against mice, obviously. But even I myself just kinda wanna kick back on my bed at night with a controller and relax. Used those tools with good effectiveness to play games upwards in complexity of RPG's and MMOs

Thanks. I've used x-padder before and it works ok, I was just wondering if it natively supported an xbox controller like a ton of steam games do.
---
#6untamed_squallPosted 11/20/2012 11:46:53 PM
It does support a gamepad but it must be mapped inside the game. I prefer gamepads but honestly the game works better with mouse/keyboard.
#7SteadySharkPosted 11/21/2012 12:48:20 AM
Until you get in aircraft.

Mouse + Keyboard sucks seven shades of ass as flight controls.
---
GT/PSN = SteadiestShark - 3DS: 3866-8210-5918
DOA5 - Hitomi & Hayate. http://steadiestshark.wordpress.com/
#8untamed_squallPosted 11/21/2012 1:04:10 AM
I agree about the aircraft bit. I haven't tried my gamepad with vehicles yet suppose I'll give it a shot tomorrow.
#9ATARIJAWA(Topic Creator)Posted 11/21/2012 2:53:20 PM
I found where you are supposed to be able map it in game but it doesn't seem to work. Has anyone got it working? It won't let me assign buttons to the gamepad.
---
#10OhGoodPosted 11/21/2012 5:33:35 PM
You can use a gamepad you need just to have the controller plugged in before you start the game. Then just map your keybindings as joystick controls.

Though aiming and firing doesn't work correctly. So you'll want to map aim and fire using xpadder. Everything else you can do fine through joystick keybindings
---
Everything unrelated to elephants is irrelephant
PSN - Ohgood