Horrendous Lag

#1JonnyBigBossPosted 11/23/2012 8:45:05 PM
Preface:

1. I have a 25 megabit fiber optic connection that has never let loose a single droplet of sweat.
2. I have an amazing PC that aliens envy.

That out of the way, this game has some serious network issues. Player rubber-band around my screen and even when I connect with an enemy they die about 30 seconds later. Anyone else experiencing this garbage?
---
www.gamerevolution.com
Steam & Nintendo ID: JonnyBigBoss
#2OhGoodPosted 11/23/2012 11:35:04 PM
Nope, and I'm a worse connection than you (not that much worse mind you).

Every so often i'll experience minor lag in large 500 vs 500 players battles, but I've never caught myself rubberbanding. Nor have I seen delayed deaths.

What server are you on? Im on Waterson US East
---
Everything unrelated to elephants is irrelephant
PSN - Ohgood
#3joncoallstarPosted 11/24/2012 12:27:32 AM
Game is running like butter for me.

I get the occasional guy warping around, but i am almost positive that is the user having a bad connection, not the game.

I played all day today and I had almost zero issues.
#4ajko000Posted 11/24/2012 1:56:08 AM
That's what happens when you try and group together this many players in one game.

I'm not saying they're stupid, I think they could've just thought things through a little better.
---
Nothing to see here, but the post below me sure looks suspicious.
#5rusty12000Posted 11/24/2012 5:50:12 AM
ya i have DSL on a decent computer, and it works great for me.
---
http://openmedia.ca/meter -- Put a stop to Big internet companies trying to put a cap on bandwidth in Canada!!!!
#6ShaidonPosted 11/24/2012 6:34:03 AM
I die much more than I can kill. And that is not only cause by lack of skill, that by the way, is impossible to improve because of the lag.
Everyone seems to be more accurate than me, don't matter the distance or the weapon used.
Hiding after start to get hit, don't stop the bullets to keep hitting me. Twice I saw an aircraft flying towards me, and before I could see the rockets, I started to get AoE damage.
The problem with the lag, is that can be very subtle. The things that I see, are in the past, so, shooting moving targets is hardcore. I can't even turn around to see from where I'm getting shot, because I die so fast. But when I try the same, even with someone that was initially standing, I barely scratch his shields, and he manage to turn around, shoot at the same distance and kill me. Its very frustrating. Only when I do AoE damage, like grenades, that I can kill someone entirely by myself.
I can't be a sniper, never!

And I though that I had a decent connection. But there are always better connections, more close to where the server is set up.

For anyone that don't believe me, here is an experience: find a FPS game that you host games in your computer, and for best result, try to use the worst connection speed that you can get. You will see a bunch of people standing still like a noob. Until you start to see the complains about the lag.
---
50% of the challenge is made by the game. The other fifty, by the player.
#7Haelion_Posted 11/24/2012 8:33:18 AM
I actually have an extremely good connection in this game for some reason. Which is odd since I live in Texas, have Comcast and am connected to a USWest server. Two out of those three usually screw me over, I'll let you guess which two.

I suspect there may be the occasional error on the server side though. I once had terrible, terrible lag for about 10 minutes, but I just logged off for about 20 minutes and came back and it was fine. People were warping around, my jet pack meter wasn't tracking properly, couldn't hurt anyone, etc. Not really sure how to fix that other than waiting though.
---
GT- Haelion W
Justice League Member: Bernie Mac
#8Trev_006Posted 11/24/2012 9:07:07 AM
The way I see it... the game is in Open beta with no character wipes anymore.

Seriously it needs another good 6 months in the oven, I've stopped telling friends about it because there are things that need to be fixed.
---
My conscience is clear, therefor I am guilty of a bad memory.
#9DieForMotherLandPosted 11/24/2012 9:27:13 AM
Trev_006 posted...
The way I see it... the game is in Open beta with no character wipes anymore.

Seriously it needs another good 6 months in the oven, I've stopped telling friends about it because there are things that need to be fixed.

Nothing wrong with doing a little bug testing even after released. Even something like League of Legends started out that way, and it's now one of the most popular F2P games of all time.
---
Deu > Colm > Volke > Rivis > Patty > Parn > Rennac > Lara
#10Ragdoll47Posted 11/24/2012 9:38:20 AM
Are servers region locked? I absolutely DO NOT want to be playing Brazilians, as I know this is a F2Pgame.