How do I map my gamepad/joystick?

#10060000Posted 11/27/2012 12:39:32 PM
I go into the mapping controls for it and try pressing buttons on my gamepad and nothing gets mapped to it? WTF?
---
The 3DS is not friendly to left handed people put this in your sig for leftie pride!
#2OhGoodPosted 11/27/2012 1:43:45 PM
it should work. Try having your gamepad plugged in before you start the game. running as admin might help too.
---
Everything unrelated to elephants is irrelephant
PSN - Ohgood
#3DeIuxePosted 11/27/2012 1:53:09 PM
inb4 people make fun of him for playing how he wants even though it's not as precise as m/kb
#4OhGoodPosted 11/27/2012 2:07:23 PM
You can use a gamepad for flying, y'know. I'd say using a controller to fly is about 1000x easier than using the terrible mouse flight controls.

I play with m+K, but i have a 360 controller plugged in for flying.
---
PSN - Ohgood
#50060000(Topic Creator)Posted 11/27/2012 6:37:33 PM
I ran it as Administrator and got some of the buttons to map, but the joysticks, and trigger buttons won't map on my Xbox controller.
---
The 3DS is not friendly to left handed people put this in your sig for leftie pride!
#6ajko000Posted 11/27/2012 9:20:33 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=9zSHz7Thvbc
---
Nothing to see here, but the post below me sure looks suspicious.
#7The_PupPosted 11/28/2012 12:13:57 AM
I've thought about plugging in a controller for flying because I used a controller in Star Wars Battlefront I & II (but that's a while back... and I'm using a playstation-style controller this time around rather than an xbox...). I'm just debating whether to hybrid Keyboard+Controller (keys for speed+altitude+comms, pad for weapon systems and steering) or just go pure controller. But having a controller just feels like a clunky setup (due to having to put the controller somewhere and reach for it).

Learn to fly smoothly with a mouse first, then when you get everything down, start learning with the controller for personal enjoyment. There's only so much you can do with a controller in really hot situations that you'll have to ditch comfort.
#8derratePosted 11/28/2012 12:31:08 AM
Incoming .03 K/D ratio.
#9OhGoodPosted 11/28/2012 1:00:43 AM
The_Pup posted...
I've thought about plugging in a controller for flying because I used a controller in Star Wars Battlefront I & II (but that's a while back... and I'm using a playstation-style controller this time around rather than an xbox...). I'm just debating whether to hybrid Keyboard+Controller (keys for speed+altitude+comms, pad for weapon systems and steering) or just go pure controller. But having a controller just feels like a clunky setup (due to having to put the controller somewhere and reach for it).

Learn to fly smoothly with a mouse first, then when you get everything down, start learning with the controller for personal enjoyment. There's only so much you can do with a controller in really hot situations that you'll have to ditch comfort.

you can get just about all the flight controls mapped to a controller, the only issue is typing while flying. But I don't find myself trying to type when I'm in a dogfight anyways.

I actually use Xpadder to map my flight controls, it gives me much better options than the in game joystick keybindings.

Right Trigger: Accelerate
Left Trigger: decelerate
A: Gain Altitude
B: Lose Altitude
X: Reload
Y:Switch weapon
Right Analog: Yaw + nose up and down
Left analog: Roll + nose up and down (having the nose up and down controls set to both analogs makes aiming easier and smoother)
Right Analog pressed in: Afterburners
Left Analog pressed in: change view
Left bumper: Optics
Right bumper: fire
Dpad down: utility
Back: spot
Start: Map

I still have up,left, and right on the dpad free for mapping.
---
PSN - Ohgood
#10GeneralFoxPosted 11/28/2012 5:42:14 AM
Yeah, I'm planning on mapping flight controls onto my controller as well.
---
~Stargazer