How do I map my gamepad/joystick?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. PlanetSide 2
  3. How do I map my gamepad/joystick?
3 years ago#1
I go into the mapping controls for it and try pressing buttons on my gamepad and nothing gets mapped to it? WTF?
The 3DS is not friendly to left handed people put this in your sig for leftie pride!
3 years ago#2
it should work. Try having your gamepad plugged in before you start the game. running as admin might help too.
Everything unrelated to elephants is irrelephant
PSN - Ohgood
3 years ago#3
inb4 people make fun of him for playing how he wants even though it's not as precise as m/kb
3 years ago#4
You can use a gamepad for flying, y'know. I'd say using a controller to fly is about 1000x easier than using the terrible mouse flight controls.

I play with m+K, but i have a 360 controller plugged in for flying.
PSN - Ohgood
3 years ago#5
I ran it as Administrator and got some of the buttons to map, but the joysticks, and trigger buttons won't map on my Xbox controller.
The 3DS is not friendly to left handed people put this in your sig for leftie pride!
3 years ago#6
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=9zSHz7Thvbc
Nothing to see here, but the post below me sure looks suspicious.
3 years ago#7
I've thought about plugging in a controller for flying because I used a controller in Star Wars Battlefront I & II (but that's a while back... and I'm using a playstation-style controller this time around rather than an xbox...). I'm just debating whether to hybrid Keyboard+Controller (keys for speed+altitude+comms, pad for weapon systems and steering) or just go pure controller. But having a controller just feels like a clunky setup (due to having to put the controller somewhere and reach for it).

Learn to fly smoothly with a mouse first, then when you get everything down, start learning with the controller for personal enjoyment. There's only so much you can do with a controller in really hot situations that you'll have to ditch comfort.
3 years ago#8
Incoming .03 K/D ratio.
3 years ago#9
The_Pup posted...
I've thought about plugging in a controller for flying because I used a controller in Star Wars Battlefront I & II (but that's a while back... and I'm using a playstation-style controller this time around rather than an xbox...). I'm just debating whether to hybrid Keyboard+Controller (keys for speed+altitude+comms, pad for weapon systems and steering) or just go pure controller. But having a controller just feels like a clunky setup (due to having to put the controller somewhere and reach for it).

Learn to fly smoothly with a mouse first, then when you get everything down, start learning with the controller for personal enjoyment. There's only so much you can do with a controller in really hot situations that you'll have to ditch comfort.

you can get just about all the flight controls mapped to a controller, the only issue is typing while flying. But I don't find myself trying to type when I'm in a dogfight anyways.

I actually use Xpadder to map my flight controls, it gives me much better options than the in game joystick keybindings.

Right Trigger: Accelerate
Left Trigger: decelerate
A: Gain Altitude
B: Lose Altitude
X: Reload
Y:Switch weapon
Right Analog: Yaw + nose up and down
Left analog: Roll + nose up and down (having the nose up and down controls set to both analogs makes aiming easier and smoother)
Right Analog pressed in: Afterburners
Left Analog pressed in: change view
Left bumper: Optics
Right bumper: fire
Dpad down: utility
Back: spot
Start: Map

I still have up,left, and right on the dpad free for mapping.
PSN - Ohgood
3 years ago#10
Yeah, I'm planning on mapping flight controls onto my controller as well.
~Stargazer
  1. Boards
  2. PlanetSide 2
  3. How do I map my gamepad/joystick?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived