What is the best/easiest gun for Terran?

#1Sin___Posted 12/15/2012 8:07:13 PM(edited)
Just started playing the game a while ago.
Basically I play with a squad of 2-5 and have much more fun doing infantry gunfights, but the gun you start out with seems so bad to me. I'm fine with basically everything about the class except the gun. Does it get better? I hope so because it takes an insane amount of time to get certs.

Edit: and I mean medium-long range guns like ARs
---
Steam/LoL: F5in .:. http://youtube.com/SinOwns
http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i298/dinkidooda/F5.png
#2DeIuxePosted 12/15/2012 8:08:58 PM(edited)
If you can't be successful with the default guns, you won't be successful with the unlocks either. TR is widely regarded as having the best infantry starting guns in terms of TTK (time to kill)
#3Sin___(Topic Creator)Posted 12/15/2012 8:10:51 PM(edited)
If you can't be successful with the default guns, you won't be successful with the unlocks either. TR is widely regarded as having the best infantry starting guns in terms of TTK (time to kill)

I don't mind the kill-time, it actually does seem fast, I'd just prefer a gun with less recoil/more accuracy. (even if it has less TTK)
---
Steam/LoL: F5in .:. http://youtube.com/SinOwns
http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i298/dinkidooda/F5.png
#4necroix05Posted 12/15/2012 8:12:24 PM

The guns just jump around so freaking much though it's really annoying to have to deal with.

Also, in addition to this topic, are vehicles supposed to be so stupidly good? It feels like it's nearly impossible to go anywhere without getting ****** by a plane. I want to get into cool firefights not boring vehicle fights.
---
Triggers down moar liek xbox down mirite - Dark_elf796
I've seen a woman blow a donkey for my 21st birthday, it was a glorious sight - PBR
#5PlanescapedPosted 12/15/2012 8:54:37 PM
Whenever I get in a plane, I insta die.

Whenever I get in a tank, I insta die.

Whenever I get in a max, I insta die.

Yet when I play this game, all of these things rape my face off. It is so confusing...
---
The clouds pass... the rain does its work and all individual beings flow into their forms." The Book of Changes
#6lostseraph7Posted 12/15/2012 10:39:06 PM
Planescaped posted...

Yet when I play this game, all of these things rape my face off. It is so confusing...

You're not alone with that. Every time I see a TR Mosquito rocket podding the crap out of my faction I decide to roll my NC Reaver with lock-on missiles and a rotary cannon as a counter to it. But guess what happens? Within 5 seconds from the launch pad I get locked-on by some random mysterious force while being shot at by enemy anti-air MAXs. I don't understand how the enemies always manage to last so long.
#7EnjoyMePosted 12/15/2012 10:50:18 PM
I don't mind the kill-time, it actually does seem fast, I'd just prefer a gun with less recoil/more accuracy. (even if it has less TTK)

Sounds like you should've rolled Vanu. Their guns are very easy to use, with no recoil and no bullet drop.

necroix05 posted...

The guns just jump around so freaking much though it's really annoying to have to deal with.

The TR guns barely jump around unless you're going full-auto into the end of the clip and being shot at at the same time. Maybe you should play NC...

lostseraph7 posted...
Planescaped posted...

You're not alone with that. Every time I see a TR Mosquito rocket podding the crap out of my faction I decide to roll my NC Reaver with lock-on missiles and a rotary cannon as a counter to it. But guess what happens? Within 5 seconds from the launch pad I get locked-on by some random mysterious force while being shot at by enemy anti-air MAXs. I don't understand how the enemies always manage to last so long.

This is called "learning to play". I used to die quite a bit in a Reaver and Vanguard, but once you understand how to not over-extend, play to the vehicle's strengths (speed in the Reaver's case), and generally get better at piloting/driving, you will do better. At the same time, you will then realize the limitations and counters of the vehicles and realize that maybe they aren't OP at all, making you a better infantry player and a better player in general.
---
[E[]V[]e *also responds to Santana*
#8DuDuDu10101Posted 12/16/2012 12:01:29 AM
if TC made this post in official forums he'll be trolled to hell and back...

TR's best gun? carv... if you're HA... if you're not HA? roll HA... then get the T-9 minigun..

oh and get the repeater pistol if you're playing infiltrator... you'll be able to kill of about 2 people per clip as long as you ensure you stay alive

and fly a mosquito to troll anti-air with your boost...
---
*slaps TC with a raw chicken*
This will continue until you make proper gamefaqs messages.
#9jx8Posted 12/16/2012 4:55:29 AM
Try Vanu. They have the best weapons.
#10Rainbow_GnashPosted 12/16/2012 9:05:21 AM
Tr weapons go up and right, this can bork some people for aim

Vanu weapons don't recoil or drop, they are the easiest. As a battle rifle user, I wish I was purple, theirs easily competes with snipers.

NC have even more recoil, but it is more up and down, you may have an easier time with that
---
Always snip, it shaves seconds off of his sprint. He won't have that extra skin creating drag. Plus no girl wants to kiss an aardvark. -BoxTheMuppet
Ponycon
More topics from this board...
Time investment?Seanshineyouth112/18 12:18AM