Offline?

#1againstypePosted 6/19/2013 7:13:33 PM
I understand the point of this game, is online multiplayer...or some BS blurring of single/multi player.i get it, and it sounds fine and cool...

But I don't like being dependent on any other players (or Internet connection) to enjoy my games. I like having variety and options on what I can do and how I can do it.
Both this game and the division are what really caught my eye at E3, but everything is so focused on online multiplayer blahblahblah...

Does anyone know if Titanfall is solely based on being online, will it have any sort of single player (campaign or arcade) mode, or be like BlackOps / Killzone / GoW with the ability to play multiplayer modes with just bots/ai?

Also any idea on how different the 360 version will be? If its just graphics, ill stay put. This is the only thing making me want a Xbone (well and DR3, but I never really liked the other ones), and honestly Watchdogs is the only thing making me want a PS4...just don't see a need for day one next gen, this gen still has plenty of game left, and prettier visuals don't change the gameplay.
#2MegaTape13Posted 6/19/2013 11:11:37 PM
The game is multiplayer-only. There is no single player campaign or anything. I would imagine there will be a way to play alone with bots in a custom game or something, but to my knowledge we haven't heard about anything like that yet.

The X1 and PC versions will use the Cloud to process and manage certain aspects of the game, such as AI and fancier graphics iirc. From the wording in interviews, the 360 version presumably won't. I'm not sure how that would impact matchmaking or the in-game experience. Again, not a whole lot of info at this point.

By the way, have no plans of moving to the new consoles any time soon.
---
Oh the movie never ends...
GT: IHOP 13
#3Ice WeaselPosted 6/20/2013 4:30:14 AM
MegaTape13 posted...
The game is multiplayer-only. There is no single player campaign or anything..

Dude, do some research. There absolutely is a single-player portion to this game. While it is pretty much the same as the game's MP, it features a story, certain challenges and requirements which have to be met, and scripted events. While not your traditional story-driven campaign you see in other games, there definitely is one.

Titanfall is certainly a multiplayer-centric title but there's something for everyone.
#4sworderPosted 6/20/2013 7:10:53 AM
There is single player but it's still strictly online because the AI is in the cloud
#5MetalZoicPosted 6/20/2013 8:02:30 AM
sworder posted...
There is single player but it's still strictly online because the AI is in the cloud

This matches what I have heard. From the article I read it needs to be connected online no matter what because AI and physics are cloud computed.
#6againstype(Topic Creator)Posted 6/20/2013 8:19:29 AM
So the 360 version would have no AI or physics? If its all in the cloud...that doesn't seem right. I mean, more bots with smarter AI and fancier physics with pretty visuals seems like what the cloud should be doing...otherwise why even bother making a version (360) that has no cloud connectivity?
#7MegaTape13Posted 6/20/2013 12:15:11 PM
Ice Weasel posted...
MegaTape13 posted...
The game is multiplayer-only. There is no single player campaign or anything..

Dude, do some research. There absolutely is a single-player portion to this game. While it is pretty much the same as the game's MP, it features a story, certain challenges and requirements which have to be met, and scripted events. While not your traditional story-driven campaign you see in other games, there definitely is one.

Source? I've been camping for the past week so I may not have caught up all the way.
My understanding is that there is a kind of "campaign multiplayer," a typical multiplayer mode, and then some form of single player that they haven't really talked about yet. But no single player campaign.
---
Oh the movie never ends...
GT: IHOP 13