Will this game have offline bots\ offline Split screen MP?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Titanfall
  3. Will this game have offline bots\ offline Split screen MP?
2 years ago#1
This game won't stay alive forever if it's ONLINE MP only.

My son really enjoys it when we can play a game together.
---
I'm a Nintendo fanboy Sony pony, who owned an Xbox 360 7th gen, prefers ps4 over wii u,Likes grfx, trolls pc master race, Put that in your pipe, & smoke it!
2 years ago#2
Answer to offline bots is in the second to last paragraph of this article.

http://www.oxm.co.uk/63353/features/does-titanfall-need-single-player-respawn-talks-bots-only-battles-and-winning-over-casual-players/?page=2

For those who don't feel like reading, no. There will be no offline bots in Titanfall, and my search couldn't find any solid evidence on whether there will be split screen or not. I wholeheartedly disagree with you, however, that the success of this game hinges on it being online-only. No online game lasts forever though, so I'm not sure what your argument there is? This game will have a dedicated audience until Titanfall 2 comes out.
---
The legacy of Shenmue will never die
GT: DatPlayaHataCJ
2 years ago#3
Go out and get an original Xbox and pick up TimeSplitter Future Perfect.

Split Screen Co-Op and Multiplayer for up to 4 players
Customizable Bots
Map Maker
Story Mission Maker
150 characters
Tons of game modes.

They don't make em like that anymore.
---
Don't read this sig. I TOLD YOU TO STOP! Why are you still reading?
2 years ago#4
Ninja_Gaignun posted...
Go out and get an original Xbox and pick up TimeSplitter Future Perfect.

Split Screen Co-Op and Multiplayer for up to 4 players
Customizable Bots
Map Maker
Story Mission Maker
150 characters
Tons of game modes.

They don't make em like that anymore.

Agreed.
---
2 years ago#5
Developers are dumb. No offline singleplayer and no bots. I hate online only game. So, I don't buy this game. Good bye Respawn/EA.
2 years ago#6
deeringer007 posted...
Developers are dumb. No offline singleplayer and no bots. I hate online only game. So, I don't buy this game. Good bye Respawn/EA.

I have to say, I think you'll be missing out. If you're stricly anti-online, this is not going to be a generation of video games that you find enjoyable. There is going to be more and more games like this one. I'm not saying either kind of game is better, but it's the truth.
---
2 years ago#7
I prefer neither offline or both online and offline only than stupid online ONLY games. I prefer to have FPS to have bots to be included too. If the online gaming are growing without offline other players or bots, that's mean I am not buying any future games or future generations of consoles anymore. And then I am done with gaming. I am buying different games, not Titanfall game. I have COD: Ghosts and Killzone 4 already.
2 years ago#8
I don't play online multiplayer, because I don't like that "online only" games, reason I don't have time to play any online games or waste my money without offline one player if X box 360/One's online are dead after 7 years. My goals are playing with bots and offline multiplayer forever after limited online is dead. I want to keep the offline FPS games for more than 20 years. I'm wise with budget reason offline multiplayer as longer. That's why I don't buy this game.
2 years ago#9
And that's why GOD created... pardon, that's why COD created AI Bot Support. Well, they didn't created it of course, but after seeing Infinity Ward drop its co-op features to join Treyard in the AI Bot R&D labs, Activision now seems more determined that ever to continue its AI support program. And I think that's a key ingredient in COD's success.

I think Respawn is a little worried. They lost the bots and splitscreen, so they are putting these AIs on their maps. Apparently, each map is going to come pre-loaded w/ these Bots for easier kills, and they have said that part of the reason is to help lesser skilled players feel they are accomplishing something.

In the Halo 4 forums I wrote in the "The rise and fall... and rise of AI Bot support" and "Dedicated Servers as an alternative to AI Bots". Check them out. Please note that Killzone 4 *does* have bots too. But still no splitscreen, like the original Killzone.
  1. Boards
  2. Titanfall
  3. Will this game have offline bots\ offline Split screen MP?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived