The Alpha was amazing. Bring in March 11th

#1skidpunkgringoPosted 1/19/2014 2:17:56 PM
Knowing it was an alpha test, I didn't expect much. From the training simulation, to hitting level 10, I was totally engaged.
If this is just a taste of what we can expect with Titanfall, this will most definitely be game of the year. Totally has raised the bar for FPS.
I'm very impressed, and anxiously looking forward to March 11th. Preordered, and requested the day off work.
---
Xbl: Skidpunkgringo
#21Phire1Posted 1/19/2014 2:18:49 PM
I've pre-ordered too. Can't wait for this.
#3keysersoze7Posted 1/19/2014 2:36:11 PM
Really? Easily amused? Sorry but if you are like me and are sick and tired of the gimmicky nothing revolutionizing the FPS and are quite bored with the crappy FPS out there these days than Titanfall will engage you for about an hour and then you get past it and are like oh this is just like everything else these days only with new mechs. I for one was super hyped for this game, already had it preordered and was a main reason for getting the Xbone so I wanted to be wowed by the game but after watching 8 hours of game play from an Alpha tester we both came away saying been there done this outside of the titans, but the titans are a gimmick that gets old quick. Also, for those that are annoyed by the cheap ass-hat no talent of jumping repeatedly (old school halo and now everywhere) get ready for it online because with the jet pack type propulsion everyone in the demo (outside of the bots, which were plentiful and stupid) were doing it and it was very effective despite being cheap and unrealistic.
#4ProfanaTPosted 1/19/2014 2:36:18 PM
Same. I was on the fence after recent reports, but having played it's sold me. The intro, the gameplay, just engaged and fun... I know some people are worried about substance and all that, but it's just fun! I don't think the story will be THAT great based on similar attempts at such styles of story telling (Brink, etc MP-drivne story), but that's not so important to me as the fun factor -which this completely delivers!
---
- Ex Corde Vita - Fortem Fors Juvat -
#5tirn33Posted 1/19/2014 2:39:28 PM
I love people bashing it after watching 8 hours of gameplay. Oh wait I thought you were bored after 1 hour?

Play the game and move on if you don't like it. But it is awesome!!!
#6MacheteMiragePosted 1/19/2014 2:43:56 PM
keysersoze7 posted...
Really? Easily amused? Sorry but if you are like me and are sick and tired of the gimmicky nothing revolutionizing the FPS and are quite bored with the crappy FPS out there these days than Titanfall will engage you for about an hour and then you get past it and are like oh this is just like everything else these days only with new mechs. I for one was super hyped for this game, already had it preordered and was a main reason for getting the Xbone so I wanted to be wowed by the game but after watching 8 hours of game play from an Alpha tester we both came away saying been there done this outside of the titans, but the titans are a gimmick that gets old quick. Also, for those that are annoyed by the cheap ass-hat no talent of jumping repeatedly (old school halo and now everywhere) get ready for it online because with the jet pack type propulsion everyone in the demo (outside of the bots, which were plentiful and stupid) were doing it and it was very effective despite being cheap and unrealistic.

Those guys jumping were obviously more talented then you. If the game embraces movement options and you don't use them, then the person who is using them effectively is more talented at the game then the person who doesn't. This isn't CoD learn your options and use them.
#7Drag_ZEROPosted 1/19/2014 2:46:02 PM(edited)
keysersoze7 posted...
the cheap ass-hat no talent of jumping repeatedly (old school halo and now everywhere)

Let me get this straight: you are calling pro Quake players talentless?

What's next, are you gonna start saying that the grenade launcher in MW2 was a "legitimate anti-camping measure?" Christ man.
---
One of these days, Valve will confirm Half-Life 3, but nobody will believe them and assume its another ruse.
#8keysersoze7Posted 1/19/2014 2:51:35 PM
MacheteMirage posted...
keysersoze7 posted...

Those guys jumping were obviously more talented then you. If the game embraces movement options and you don't use them, then the person who is using them effectively is more talented at the game then the person who doesn't. This isn't CoD learn your options and use them.

So a player spamming the jump button and spraying fire all over as he does has talent? Yeah I know it is so realistic that the army is giving all recruits pogo sticks and telling them to bounce up and down while in a fire fight just unload everywhere and you will kill everyone and walk away unharmed. Sorry maybe I am in the minority but I want a realistic FPS that relies on talent instead of kiddy cheap no brain exploits. This game does not give you that, just like halo and all the ones do now.
#9MacheteMiragePosted 1/19/2014 2:56:05 PM
All I hear is "wah wah wah. Shooting moving things is too hard. I've never played any shooter besides cod and I don't know how to learn."
#10-FryShakeWad-Posted 1/19/2014 3:16:19 PM
keysersoze7 posted...

Lmfao you watched 8 hours of some other person playing it and based all your opinions off that?!? Oh dear.