So no campaign? Just online multiplayer?

#1GoatBoyFreshPosted 1/20/2014 1:14:44 PM
Is that what this game is like from what I've read? Nothing wrong with that, just curious. Is there ways to play multiplayer by yourself like with bots? And lastly is there split screen? (wishfull thinking on that one)
---
GT: BlinkBoyHowie
3DS Friend Code: 2664-2712-5304 FS: Mankey Throh Riolu
#2dnmtPosted 1/20/2014 1:22:24 PM
No idea about split screen but yeah, the game is basically MP only.
#3luckythirteenrcPosted 1/20/2014 2:44:21 PM
apparently they work the "campaign" into multiplayer somehow.....not sure how they will do this, but seems interesting.......there is a cool youtube video just search 10 reasons to be interested in titanfall and it has some cool points.
#4smelly_boobPosted 1/20/2014 3:01:16 PM
i cant believe people still play SP mode on FPS'ers in 2014.... online MP is infinitly more fun for almost any FPS game.... why waste time playing whack a mole against bots?
#5dnmtPosted 1/20/2014 3:15:59 PM
luckythirteenrc posted...
apparently they work the "campaign" into multiplayer somehow.....not sure how they will do this, but seems interesting.......there is a cool youtube video just search 10 reasons to be interested in titanfall and it has some cool points.

If you want to see how they'll fit the campaign into MP just play a round of Brink, lol. Literally the same (awful) concept.

smelly_boob posted...
i cant believe people still play SP mode on FPS'ers in 2014.... online MP is infinitly more fun for almost any FPS game.... why waste time playing whack a mole against bots?

I don't know but in TF's case they just took the dumb bots from SP and stuck them into MP so the casuals are in luck!
#6VIC10U5Posted 1/20/2014 4:08:05 PM
dnmt posted...
luckythirteenrc posted...

If you want to see how they'll fit the campaign into MP just play a round of Brink, lol. Literally the same (awful) concept.

smelly_boob posted...

I don't know but in TF's case they just took the dumb bots from SP and stuck them into MP so the casuals are in luck!

Dear Lord you are such a terrible troll.
#7kyle78Posted 1/20/2014 7:05:53 PM
smelly_boob posted...

Maybe they still play them, as they are more intimate and atmospheric. Or maybe they play them,because they want to....
---
X360-KyleHboc<>PSN-KyleHbocc<>STEAM-Kylehboc<>NNID-KyleHboc
Liberals = Templars
#8StaticnovaPosted 1/20/2014 8:26:03 PM
I only really play FPS campaigns for the story and cinematic flair. Example: Bioshock Infinite. Interesting plot and exciting set-pieces. The gameplay is solid but it's pretty standard FPS fare. I usually play games like that for the experience - the environment, the characters, the story, the events. I'm a gamer to my very core, so I find I appreciate everything, right down to the smallest technical stuff in cutscenes and whatnot. Game development as a whole is fascinating to me. So emotionally and mentally speaking, I can get a decent amount out of a single-player experience.

However, it depends somewhat on the game. Sometimes an FPS will come around with even more to offer. Another example: Borderlands 2. I play it solo, and while I love the characters and all that same stuff, it has the addictive elements of an RPG, so it doesn't make the single-player experience quite as standard in terms of gameplay. We all love loot systems!

For me, there's more to (good) single-player games than just working through them and killing bots.

But yeah, I love multiplayer as well. My most played game is probably TF2.
---
Toph: Why? You think I can't put up posters on my own? *glues a poster with the picture to the wall*
Toph: It's upside-down, isn't it?
#9_Elite_Bushido_Posted 1/21/2014 1:55:08 AM
so much info was given my the devs in the Dev vids like 9 months ago...

they said the campaign is online only also
---
$ony Ponie$ and trolls- http://tinyurl.com/lalpn7d
PS4, Mediocrity awaits. --------- FC: 0834-1795-7959
#10ApexMjolnirPosted 1/21/2014 3:47:52 AM
Campaign in a shooter, is just there to get you all hyped up for stuff that gets pulled from the Online.

It took almost 10 years to get all the Cool things that Ghost Recon actually added to the genre, to make it into Multiplayer, yet Ghost Recon is a dead series.

One of my most played games of all Time, And I would still likely be cranking up the 360 to play, if the servers were still online, was ChromeHounds. The Campaign is literally a training mode, to help you understand What you are going to be doing for your next 3 months of free time.

I am ok with Having a campaign/training mode that lasts about 1-2 hours, maybe a practice arena, or something vs Bots, but I don't see the appeal.

Also The very first Online console game that I found to be good, Was Unreal Tournament, and basically the campaign was just you vs. bots, the exact same way the Online worked. If you are going to play the game 6 hours of campaign, and then for months Online, will you even remember playing the campaign, if it weren't for names like SOAP, and Knife Recycling.
---
GT: Wonderpill