Why do people punch so much in a Titan Fight?

#1DepreceV2Posted 3/21/2014 9:21:45 AM(edited)
It is very ineffective and it is just not wise most of the time. There is a time and place for that but must people don't know the time or even the place... (Blows my mind that you punch me 10 feet away and miss) Anyway.... It is strong but it is slow and you have to be point blank. Plus if I simply dash backwards you whiff and waste considerable time to recover. The shall reward isn't worth the risk. The only time I see it is important to punch is when you doom or are extremely close to dooming a Titan so you can rip him out before he escapes. That's it.

That's my opinion on the subject.
---
It's amazing how every time you open your mouth you prove you're an idiot! ~Vegeta
#2Chariot_of_GodPosted 3/21/2014 9:23:42 AM
Because rock'em sock'em robots...

That is all...
---
XBone/360: OsC Binary
#3John_McEnroePosted 3/21/2014 9:25:57 AM
Why do people use Titans so much in Titan fights? It's ridiculous!
---
http://tinyurl.com/ogxoxh3
#4Smallville_FanPosted 3/21/2014 9:36:01 AM
I use the stronger punch on my Ogre class, and keep the dash for recovery if I miss or the enemy dodges. Seems to work against most since they don't have a clue what's hit them when they go flying back further.
---
Taken: The best movie ever.
B.Sc of Computer Games Design
#5DeadlyKruegerPosted 3/21/2014 9:36:04 AM
Big Punch, plus when you have to reload and your ordnance isn't ready. Why not?

I don't know. I'll do it when they are close to me, close to an edge or come towards me after I shot a cluster missile to knock them back into it.
---
www.youtube.com/deadlykrueger <---- go subscribe and show your awesomeness!
#6BLACK_HUNTEXPosted 3/21/2014 9:38:38 AM
Chariot_of_God posted...
Because rock'em sock'em robots...

That is all...

You win the internets! Alright everyone let's pack it up.
---
"Just so we're clear, I'm not paying for this"
#7MikePaw1Posted 3/21/2014 9:47:30 AM
DepreceV2 posted...
It is very ineffective and it is just not wise most of the time. There is a time and place for that but must people don't know the time or even the place... (Blows my mind that you punch me 10 feet away and miss) Anyway.... It is strong but it is slow and you have to be point blank. Plus if I simply dash backwards you whiff and waste considerable time to recover. The shall reward isn't worth the risk. The only time I see it is important to punch is when you doom or are extremely close to dooming a Titan so you can rip him out before he escapes. That's it.

I use Big Punch and punch Titans all of the time. If you are close to an edge, I will punch you off of it. If you are using Particle wall & I have my shield core active, I am coming at you to punch you away from your wall and give you a grenade bath. Vortex shield? Great. That means you are not shooting. That does not stop a punch.

A lot of people will try to close the gap to be close when they nuke eject. I punch them away.

It's not the first thing I do, but I do punch a lot of titans...and pilots chasing me to rodeo. They explode. It's awesome.

Sometimes I shoot my grenades from triple threat over the titan. The yellow grenades come up behind you on HUD. You would be surprised how many people charge forward to avoid grenades. They get punched.

When I pop smoke, people think I am using it as cover to run. They charge through. I'm just standing there. Punched back into smoke.

So...I find it very effective and use it often. Also, ripping arms off never gets old.
#8Xx_King_Beef_xXPosted 3/21/2014 9:54:19 AM
Big Punch on an Ogre is deadly if you know what you are doing and aren't in panic mode, just blindly throwing punches. Just last night I took out four Titans in a row by punching them to death.
---
I have to return some videotapes.
#9DepreceV2(Topic Creator)Posted 3/21/2014 9:58:23 AM
MikePaw1 posted...
DepreceV2 posted...

I use Big Punch and punch Titans all of the time. If you are close to an edge, I will punch you off of it. If you are using Particle wall & I have my shield core active, I am coming at you to punch you away from your wall and give you a grenade bath. Vortex shield? Great. That means you are not shooting. That does not stop a punch.

A lot of people will try to close the gap to be close when they nuke eject. I punch them away.

It's not the first thing I do, but I do punch a lot of titans...and pilots chasing me to rodeo. They explode. It's awesome.

Sometimes I shoot my grenades from triple threat over the titan. The yellow grenades come up behind you on HUD. You would be surprised how many people charge forward to avoid grenades. They get punched.

When I pop smoke, people think I am using it as cover to run. They charge through. I'm just standing there. Punched back into smoke.

So...I find it very effective and use it often. Also, ripping arms off never gets old.

It sounds like you use the Ogre. Close range on an Ogre is a horrible idea unless you have a specific, fast, purpose in mind. All the things you mentioned are easily avoidable. In fact, if I ran Ogre and done one came that close to me without a plan I would punch then to hell to
---
It's amazing how every time you open your mouth you prove you're an idiot! ~Vegeta
#10bearded_moosePosted 3/21/2014 10:31:17 AM
MikePaw1 posted...
DepreceV2 posted...

IS THERE ANY WAY WE CAN MOVE THIS COMMENT TO THE TOP AND STICKY IT?!

this is prretty much everything a new player needs to know in one place.
---
-Every fanboy needs a troll to keep him disillusioned.
if you're a gamefaqs mod, you're a childish, petty person with power issues.