The Ogre is the most overrated Titan

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Titanfall
  3. The Ogre is the most overrated Titan
1 year ago#1
No disrespect to the Ogre lovers but it really is. It is just not good in combat in most situations. It really is a noob Titan. It has lots if health which is good. It also has a big punch. That is practically irrelevant against a pilot with a brain. The Ogre is great at CQC but really struggles to actually get into close range to use that advantage. The only way you can really play the ogre to its advantage is if some idiot rushes the Ogre and gets into CQC or you attack a Titan who isn't paying attention. That's it. Outside of that it's combat effectiveness is by far the lowest out the 3. If most maps were wide open with practically no cover the Ogre could shine at range with its heavy armor. However on maps with lots of cover and flank routes, like most maps, the ogre is at an instant disadvantage. If you used your dash already you are practically a sitting duck on the field if you are caught in the open. It's just not a good Titan. I'm sorry.
---
It's amazing how every time you open your mouth you prove you're an idiot! ~Vegeta
1 year ago#2
ITT: TC is bad with Ogre.
---
Always O.G.
1 year ago#3
TBONE_OG posted...
ITT: TC is bad with Ogre.

Explain how effective it is. I'll wait.
---
It's amazing how every time you open your mouth you prove you're an idiot! ~Vegeta
1 year ago#4
"yeah... so like this titan is good for these situations..."

Yet, every titan has its pros and cons for different situations.
---
Please help support this great game! http://www.wayforward.com/shantae-half-genie-hero
1 year ago#5
Depends how you wanna play elephant or horse? they both have their weakness and strengths. Not sure your point exactly on one being better than the other though. some people prefer size and strength vs speed and agility Agreed that there are maps which are literally tight like alleys between buildings and other locations where the ogre is basically a sitting duck that can be easily flanked though.

Why you think there should be more open maps added? Yeah i can see what your saying. Alot of the maps are a bit claustrophobic at times. Not many places that your not surrounded by all sides by buildings tightly packed in. Wouldn't mind like 2-3 new maps that aren't so tightly condensed environment wise to kinda even out the differences between the two types as the maps seem really stuffed an their is actually maps that make using the ogre almost impossible effectively
1 year ago#6
Robin_Mask posted...

You are right but it is extremely hard to initiate the situations for the ogre to be effective. That's not the case with the other 2 titans that can put themselves at an advantage far easier.
---
1 year ago#7
DepreceV2 posted...
Robin_Mask posted...

You are right but it is extremely hard to initiate the situations for the ogre to be effective. That's not the case with the other 2 titans that can put themselves at an advantage far easier.

To you.

Player skill and differences are also a factor.

I have done much more with an Atlas than with anything else.
---
Please help support this great game! http://www.wayforward.com/shantae-half-genie-hero
1 year ago#8
Ogre is a tank. I be tanking breh. Praise appropriately deserved.
---
ADD, no. Where is the thread for Fallout OCD players?
"We have to keep it on page 3 or it freaks out."
1 year ago#9
Robin_Mask posted...
DepreceV2 posted...
Robin_Mask posted...

To you.

Player skill and differences are also a factor.

I have done much more with an Atlas than with anything else.

I'm not following, If it isn't hard to put the ogre at an advantage then please explain. It's more than just player skill here. That is like saying the Shotgun is just as good as the RC if you use it right. That is faulty logic because you are so limited with the shotgun unlike the RC assault rifle. It's similar with the Ogre vs other Titans. It is extremely limited at bring at an advantage vs the other titans. Skill has nothing to do with this aspect.
---
1 year ago#10
PathlessBullet posted...
Ogre is a tank. I be tanking breh. Praise appropriately deserved.

Honestly the health isn't high enough to be effective at that. It really needs more health and the shield core needs to make the Ogre invincible while it's activated.
---
  1. Boards
  2. Titanfall
  3. The Ogre is the most overrated Titan

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived