Ok guys, any tips about getting critical hits with the charge rifle?

#1kushahilicPosted 4/17/2014 12:16:43 AM
Tried rodeoing and it didn't work. Then feel like I've hit tons of them and I've actually hit a total of 3......
#2wskingwsPosted 4/17/2014 12:39:36 AM
Play hard point. Whenever people put their titan on guard mode to go cap an objective, toss two arc nades at it and go to town on those bige red spots.
---
I am the voice of reason.
#3xXDeviiLXxPosted 4/17/2014 12:40:13 AM
I'm attempting this same thing and have managed to scrape up 13, but for the life of me can't get them consistently. I've heard going to campaign "The Three Towers" has 2 AI Titans that are free crits but its still taking way longer than it needs to, the hitboxes for those crits are just so dang weird.
#4Lisbon14215Posted 4/17/2014 12:46:15 AM
I did it in about 4 hours playing Pilot Hunter. Lot's of players put their Titan on auto in this mode. Get to the high ground. Use amped Charged Rifle burn cards when you get them. Shoot at the red spots. Nothing more to it.
---
YOLO... It's like Carpe Diem for idiots.
http://i.imgur.com/vrhzkRB.jpg
#5LerthyrPosted 4/17/2014 12:53:09 AM
Don't go for the head, shoot the red.
---
The abuse of greatness is when it disjoins remorse from power.
#6White_Knight_01Posted 4/17/2014 3:19:26 AM(edited)
I got most of mine on nexus. Just use the zip line to the tower and start sniping.

Also im not sure which titan but only one titan can be rodeod and score a critical hit with the charge rifle.
---
XBL - White Knight 01 ---- STEAM - white_knight_64
1000+ karma at last XD
#7DaBrainzPosted 4/17/2014 5:35:38 AM
I found it pretty challenging. There were times when I thought I had 5 or 6 in a round and then found out I didn't get any.
#8roperpokerPosted 4/17/2014 6:01:25 AM
Are critical hits purely putting the titan into a doomed state or not? I did it last gen but still not sure.
---
The only time MacMillan was wrong was when he thought he had made a mistake. - ( ')
ARTE ET LABORE
#9s0nicfanPosted 4/17/2014 6:13:10 AM
roperpoker posted...
Are critical hits purely putting the titan into a doomed state or not? I did it last gen but still not sure.

As a titan gets more damaged you should see spots start to glow red. You need to hit those with the charge rifle to count as a critical hit (it also does way more damage).
---
"History Is Much Like An Endless Waltz. The Three Beats Of War, Peace And Revolution Continue On Forever." - Gundam Wing: Endless Waltz
#10onthefly350yardPosted 4/17/2014 6:14:53 AM
You'll see the hit marker turn orange instead of the normal white. That lets you know it was a critical hit.
---
If you think the cost of training is expensive, imagine the cost of ignorance!
GamerTag:ONTHEFLY350YARD