To All "Gen So and So Players are bad! I'm so much better!" Topics

#1greedygoblinPosted 4/17/2014 6:17:48 AM
When you generate and have to complete challenges such as "rodeo and destroy 50 titans." I would love to be there. Enjoy your silenced carbines while you can. The Titanfall gods have a cruel, cruel fate in store for you.

Sincerely,

a Gen 7 player
---
The legacy of Shenmue will never die
GT: DatPlayaHataCJ
#2DrayviusPosted 4/17/2014 6:20:56 AM
Agreed.
#3Aceofblades2k2Posted 4/17/2014 6:29:17 AM
Yup. Gen 6 is def the hardest so far for me.
---
,/\[E {}F |}L/\|]ES, "Lance Armstrong Needs Akimbo Testicles- Why is he only allowed one at a time? - SmolledShrimp
#4LerthyrPosted 4/17/2014 6:36:13 AM(edited)
That wasn't so bad once you get the Spitfire with Slammer though, tbh. There hasn't been a challenge I have hated yet.
---
The abuse of greatness is when it disjoins remorse from power.
#5Aceofblades2k2Posted 4/17/2014 6:42:30 AM(edited)
Yeah I'm still near or at the top of the scoreboard every time, I just hate the triple threat, much harder to get pilot kills with it.
---
,/\[E {}F |}L/\|]ES, "Lance Armstrong Needs Akimbo Testicles- Why is he only allowed one at a time? - SmolledShrimp
#6rowewheelesPosted 4/17/2014 6:46:13 AM
The only gens that have given me trouble are 5 and 6, 5 would have been fine but I was there pre-gooser nerf.

8 and 9 will be tough because of the wins and MVP challenges but the rest aren't too bad. Really looking forward to the gen 7 challenges after putting up with the gen 6 brain surgeons.
---
GT - BlewEyeBlack
#7SunzibadPosted 4/17/2014 6:48:26 AM
Blindly attempting to complete challenges will always end in tears. Complete the challenges as the opportunities arise. If you make challenges the sole purpose of your playing time you are bound to get annihalated. Either from getting stomped on (say for the rodeo challenge) or from other pilots actually focussing on the match (as opposed to regen challenges).

Obviously there is a bit of skill involved in completing some of the challenges too i.e IMO better players will be able to complete some of the more arduous challenges without getting destroyed.

Sincerely,

A 5th Gen pilot, 12 ARC Cannon kills away from regenerating and an unsilenced carbine user.
#8Zell959Posted 4/17/2014 6:53:17 AM
It actually occured to me the other day that deciding to not bother with regeneration gives me an unearned advantage over players that do, because I'm using only the weapons & strategies I feel most comfortable with, while they're stuck trying to do well AND satsify a variety of objectives that can significantly impact their effectiveness.

I'm not looking forward to the day when they're all done with each regeneration level and we're back on equal footing :/
#9fleadog2Posted 4/17/2014 6:59:30 AM
I'm Gen 6 currently and this has been the most enjoyable generation for me so far. All the weapons are great the the Brain Surgeons aren't that bad. I can't wait till I unlock the splitifire because it will shred through the titans even quicker. And the triple threat! it absolutely tears through titans especially with damage core activated. Really though any titan weapon compared to the plasma railgun is godly.
---
GT: Chuckles21z
#10OlizandriPosted 4/17/2014 7:22:54 AM
Currently Goosering and while this is after the patch so its only five, only managed to hit my first two at level 45! Just 2 more though and I can gen again without having to wait at level 50 which is my main goal for each gen, racing the exp gains to get challenges complete.

Gen 5 isn't so player anti friendly now though, Gen 3 was the worst as its the rail gun after all.
---
http://www.youtube.com/user/Olizandri 29k Subscribers currently posting The Legend Of Zelda: Spirit Tracks & Lightning Returns: FF13