A few questions

#1theGirlyGamerPosted 9/18/2013 2:36:42 PM
I'm definitely looking into getting this game, but I have a few questions. I have looked around the internet, and haven't really come across detailed answers. Plus, I've been afraid to look too deeply into it, worried I'll come across spoilers. So I was hoping you guys would help me out with these questions.

1. How similar are the handheld Rune Factory's to the Wii game (Rune Factory Frontier)? I've never played any of the handhelds before, but played RFF for quite awhile (until I realized I was suppose to be looking after the runeys and by that time, they were all basically dead, so I gave up). And more specific to this question: Is cooking the same as RFF cooking; can I fail at cooking if I don't press it at the right time or is the cooking system different? Do I have to take care of those little runeys again?

2. Are there 'heart events' with the bachelors/bachelorettes in the game, like there are in Harvest Moon games? And if so, how many heart events are there?

3. I've heard there's a dating systems in this game, where you can choose to date someone before marriage. I really didn't like this in Harvest Moon: A New Beginning, since I felt like I was missing out on a lot of scenes between my character and other characters, but I read somewhere that you can date multiple people at the same time in this game. Is that true? And if so, are there any negatives to doing so? Can I date all of the bachelors at the same time?

4. I believe I read somewhere that you can trigger reverse proposals? Do all the bachelors propose to you at some point, or is it only certain ones? And is there anyway I can prevent these from happening?

Thanks for any answers you're able to give! :)
---
3DS FC: 0404 - 5727 - 2798
Visit my blog at girly-gamer.blogspot.com
#2RagnawindPosted 9/18/2013 2:56:14 PM
theGirlyGamer posted...
I'm definitely looking into getting this game, but I have a few questions. I have looked around the internet, and haven't really come across detailed answers. Plus, I've been afraid to look too deeply into it, worried I'll come across spoilers. So I was hoping you guys would help me out with these questions.

1. How similar are the handheld Rune Factory's to the Wii game (Rune Factory Frontier)? I've never played any of the handhelds before, but played RFF for quite awhile (until I realized I was suppose to be looking after the runeys and by that time, they were all basically dead, so I gave up). And more specific to this question: Is cooking the same as RFF cooking; can I fail at cooking if I don't press it at the right time or is the cooking system different? Do I have to take care of those little runeys again?

2. Are there 'heart events' with the bachelors/bachelorettes in the game, like there are in Harvest Moon games? And if so, how many heart events are there?

3. I've heard there's a dating systems in this game, where you can choose to date someone before marriage. I really didn't like this in Harvest Moon: A New Beginning, since I felt like I was missing out on a lot of scenes between my character and other characters, but I read somewhere that you can date multiple people at the same time in this game. Is that true? And if so, are there any negatives to doing so? Can I date all of the bachelors at the same time?

4. I believe I read somewhere that you can trigger reverse proposals? Do all the bachelors propose to you at some point, or is it only certain ones? And is there anyway I can prevent these from happening?

Thanks for any answers you're able to give! :)

1. The runeys aren't important for farming like they were in Frontier. Also, Cooking is more of a luck based thing with no input, like the other handheld games.

2. there are dates in this game and random subevents. I don't think there are that many, but I think you need to view all of them to get married to the person. When you start "dating" them, their love levels go up faster also after level 7, but slower if you aren't.

3. I'm not really entirely sure on this one, since I haven't found much info on this.

4. yes, there are reverse proposals, but I'm not sure who all have them. I think it is all the bachelors and Xiao Pai, though. I am not sure if there is a way to prevent them, though, aside from not raising their love levels to the max and not meeting the requirements for marriage. You also don't need the Engagement ring for reverse proposals, like you basically do in A New Beginning..
#3The_FoolXXIIPosted 9/18/2013 7:35:27 PM
Found the answer to #3.
Yes, you can date all the bachelors before marriage. The downside is:

"For first lover, you have 30% chance to succeed with 7 LP, 60% with 8 LP and so on. But, it won't work for your second, third, fourth, fifth and sixth. You can get 2 lovers when both have 7 LP. But for the third and fourth, you'll almost always need to get them to 8 LP for that 30% chance, and for fifth and sixth lover, you'll need at least 9 LP for the 30% accepting chance."
---
Norad: Where the men are scarce, the women are desperate, and the sheep... might actually be yet another amnesiac farmer. ~Nightgazer
#4LeBurns63Posted 9/19/2013 3:55:01 AM(edited)
theGirlyGamer posted...

All the guys will propose to the female PC. There is only one girl that will do it to the male PC. Xiao Pai
---
I'm glad your opinion differs from mine. What a boring place this world would be if it didn't.
#5LeBurns63Posted 9/19/2013 3:54:17 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#6theGirlyGamer(Topic Creator)Posted 9/19/2013 9:36:12 AM
Thanks for the answers, everyone. :)
I'm hoping I can hold off on triggering the reverse proposals as long as possible. Can I hold off on buying a double bed or something? Do you guys think something like that would work?

It's too bad that it's so difficult to date all the bachelors, since Kiel is really the only bachelor that I have no interest in seeing everything for. But thanks for letting me know how it works. :)
---
#7furygodsPosted 9/19/2013 11:33:43 AM
I feel that it is kinda wrong that the bachelors need to wait for the princess to buy herself a double bed in order to propose to her and live in her house...

They sound like leechers or those people who marry for money/royalty status -.-

It's almost like that dude doesn't have a place to live?

It should be you wait for that lazy bum to buy himself a double bed to be able to wait for him to propose to you and then have him live with you in the castle to prove your love for him, and cause you don't wanna live in his shack!

---
With courage comes glory. With glory comes immortality.
#8NurseFinPosted 9/19/2013 1:47:39 PM
There's no double bed requirement to get married. If you say yes to a bachelor's proposal it'll automatically switch over.

The only way to 100% avoid a proposal is to not date them. If you're going to play the town heartbreaker, then you're going to have to break some hearts and reject them when they ask about marriage. :p

Especially since all those events are unique and lengthy, it would probably be worth seeing if you're really interested in all of them
#9theGirlyGamer(Topic Creator)Posted 9/19/2013 2:18:24 PM
NurseFin posted...
There's no double bed requirement to get married. If you say yes to a bachelor's proposal it'll automatically switch over.

The only way to 100% avoid a proposal is to not date them. If you're going to play the town heartbreaker, then you're going to have to break some hearts and reject them when they ask about marriage. :p

Especially since all those events are unique and lengthy, it would probably be worth seeing if you're really interested in all of them

Well darn... That sucks.
Do you know the penalties for turning them down? Will I still be able to propose to them later if I turn down their proposals?
---
#10RagnawindPosted 9/19/2013 4:01:11 PM
theGirlyGamer posted...
NurseFin posted...

Well darn... That sucks.
Do you know the penalties for turning them down? Will I still be able to propose to them later if I turn down their proposals?

yes, you will still be able to propose to them again later, but I'm not sure of the requirements in this one.