Yet another weapons question

#1WitchBaby4200Posted 10/4/2013 11:08:35 AM
I'm seriously missing something when crafting tools and weapons. The forging machine keeps giving me the same recipes for tools and weapons I already have. If I make something that I already have do I just sell it? What am I supposed to do? And I can't see to upgrade. I can't eat anymore bread because it just keeps telling me that I gave to forge weapons. Help please. Thanks.
---
She was walking on a stage after the play was over. Who now could say it had ever happened.
AC:NL: Town: Repaupo, Mayor: Stoochy, Dream Address: 5600-2142-2397
#2LightHawKnightPosted 10/4/2013 11:11:21 AM
Make tools, make weapons, raise your skill.
---
The Official Odin of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board.
"You know how confusing the whole good-evil concept is for me."
#3WitchBaby4200(Topic Creator)Posted 10/4/2013 11:26:37 AM
So make the same tools and weapons I already have and then upgrade them?
---
She was walking on a stage after the play was over. Who now could say it had ever happened.
#4KGTriggerPosted 10/4/2013 11:39:57 AM
You need to keep forging (same stuff over and over again is fine)to raise your skill level high enough to learn new recipes.
---
PSN: PewPewPew809
3DS FC: 0344-9295-6089, pm for steam ID
#5minakorocketPosted 10/4/2013 12:42:14 PM(edited)
Ohhh it's you Witchbaby.

Your problem is probably something like this:

Your forging is 51
The highest Short Sword I can make is: Grantale 59
The highest Spear I can make is: Safety Lance 13
The highest Twin Swords I can make is: 57

So you're like, "Mina! Why can't I make a higher spear than 13!? I know there's more spears out there."

And I say this:

"Well what's your skill level with the weapon in question?"

and you say:

Short Sword 30
Spear 8
Dual Blades 68

So funnily enough it seems like you have to breach a certain level of skill with the weapon before you can forge higher level weapons. This means actually fighting with the weapons in question. I've tested this. I was at 1 skill with Spear, tried to eat a Weapon Recipe bread, nada... went outside, fought some enemies to get to Spear skill 8, ate a Weapon Recipe bread, voila, I learned Spears. These are my actual figures at the moment so this is pretty accurate. :)
---
My stream: http://www.twitch.tv/minakorocket/new
Follow me to get notified when I stream! I probably like games like the one I'm posting in. :)
#6WitchBaby4200(Topic Creator)Posted 10/4/2013 2:52:48 PM
minakorocket posted...
Ohhh it's you Witchbaby.

Your problem is probably something like this:

Your forging is 51
The highest Short Sword I can make is: Grantale 59
The highest Spear I can make is: Safety Lance 13
The highest Twin Swords I can make is: 57

So you're like, "Mina! Why can't I make a higher spear than 13!? I know there's more spears out there."

And I say this:

"Well what's your skill level with the weapon in question?"

and you say:

Short Sword 30
Spear 8
Dual Blades 68

So funnily enough it seems like you have to breach a certain level of skill with the weapon before you can forge higher level weapons. This means actually fighting with the weapons in question. I've tested this. I was at 1 skill with Spear, tried to eat a Weapon Recipe bread, nada... went outside, fought some enemies to get to Spear skill 8, ate a Weapon Recipe bread, voila, I learned Spears. These are my actual figures at the moment so this is pretty accurate. :)

Hey Mina! Thank you so much! This is a HUGE help! :D Totally explains my problem. I was like "There has to be SOMETHING I'm missing." Thanks for the thorough explanation! :D
---
#7gohobojoePosted 10/4/2013 3:41:56 PM

THAT'S WHY I CAN'T MAKE ANY FIST WEAPONS.
---
"My name isn't Slick. It's Zoidberg. JOHN ****ING ZOIDBERG!" - Zoidberg, Futurama
#8WitchBaby4200(Topic Creator)Posted 10/4/2013 3:43:50 PM
gohobojoe posted...

THAT'S WHY I CAN'T MAKE ANY FIST WEAPONS.

ROFL!!!!! I am so freaking glad I wasn't the only one going nuts over this!
---