Happy day! Finally triggered the Memories event! *Possible plot 3 spoilers*

#1RPGman1Posted 10/7/2013 5:30:26 PM
Honestly, it wasn't quite as bad as I was expecting. I was lucky enough to begin my attempt a day or two before the game wanted to start giving me a new sub-event, and I only had to reset about 5 times before I got the right one, but I can finally get started on Plot 3 now, which is great because I want Venti back as soon as possible.

I'm in on the 16th day of fall in my first year. I was a little freaked out after all the horror stories of people taking a year to trigger this one.
---
JAAAYYSSOOONNN! SSSHHHAAAUUUNNNN!!!
#2Megaman FreakPosted 10/7/2013 5:32:40 PM
Could you go into a bit more detail as to how you got it to activate? i just beat the game, and would love to start it up sooner rather than later.
---
"Do or do not, there is no try," Yoda
GT: MegamanFan1031
#3RPGman1(Topic Creator)Posted 10/7/2013 5:45:57 PM(edited)
Certainly.

What I did was invite both Amber and Dylas into my party. Then, I simply slept over and over until one of them left my party. If only one of them did, it clearly wasn't the correct event, and I reset. If they both left, then I followed them to see where they went.

When they both left, I followed them to the flower shop where they had a conversation, after which I returned to my room and used my diary to confirm that Memories had started. (Not to be confused with "Shiny Memories", a completely different event!)

I may have gotten somewhat lucky here. It seems the game really wanted me to have some sort of event within a day or two of the day I chose to start this method. It wasn't always even something that involved the two of them. I remember once where I left the house as a test to find the game had triggered a Porco/Margaret event.

I hope that's enough detail. I'm far from an expert on this system. I hate to say it, but as much as I love this game, I'm not crazy about the random nature of the town events.

Edit: Oh, I'm not sure if this is actually necessary, but I've heard multiple people recommend having Amber, Dylas, Dolce, and Leon at 7 FP/LP at least before doing this. I did myself.
---
JAAAYYSSOOONNN! SSSHHHAAAUUUNNNN!!!
#4Megaman FreakPosted 10/7/2013 5:55:16 PM
That was pretty detailed. I will give it a try and see if i get similar results.
---
"Do or do not, there is no try," Yoda
GT: MegamanFan1031
#5LightHawKnightPosted 10/7/2013 6:28:57 PM
Kind of want to try this. Did you just save before going to bed with them in your party and reset till they left? Or did you just keep sleeping to the next day over and over again, cause from what I read it is a bit confusing.
---
The Official Odin of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board.
"You know how confusing the whole good-evil concept is for me."
#6HalecticPosted 10/7/2013 6:47:10 PM
Did the resting thing to try it.

Got both Dylas and Amber to 7 FP, had them both in my party and slept until both of them said they had to leave.

It then triggered the scene in the flower shop and shows the Memorize event is happening
---
Digimon World Dawn FC 000111545835
#7LightHawKnightPosted 10/7/2013 6:48:20 PM
Halectic posted...
Did the resting thing to try it.

Got both Dylas and Amber to 7 FP, had them both in my party and slept until both of them said they had to leave.

It then triggered the scene in the flower shop and shows the Memorize event is happening

Was Leon at 7 FP too? Cause my Leon is only at 6 and been reseting for the past 15 minutes and only one of them will leave at a time...
---
#8HalecticPosted 10/7/2013 6:50:10 PM
Dylas and Amber are the only ones i have at 7 FP
---
Digimon World Dawn FC 000111545835
#9LightHawKnightPosted 10/7/2013 6:53:57 PM(edited)
Halectic posted...
Dylas and Amber are the only ones i have at 7 FP

Okay, knowing my luck and how the random number god hates my guts, this will take hours.

Damn, love complaining on gfaqs. Makes everything work.
---
#10Onox74Posted 10/7/2013 6:53:05 PM
How many people here examined the spot where Venti was several days in a row until there was no more search option? I was thinking it might be related, but it was just a theory since it eventually led to Jones saying there may be a way to bring her back.