How to level up crops?

#1kawaiihito94Posted 10/12/2013 11:37:35 PM
I just got a level 2 turnip and I don't know how I got it. I would also like to have a level 3 turnip next. From the request, I heard you use a sickle but I didn't quite catch what Arthur said as I speeded the text.
Thanks ahead :)
---
My 3DS friend code: 2079 - 5913 - 0356 :)
#2Sun XiaoPosted 10/12/2013 11:57:45 PM
Make sure you sow lv.2 Turnip seed. You need to wait till it's growing fully then you can use sickle on it instead of pick up. Now, you sow lv. 3 Turnip seed.
---
Annoy A Republican, Fight Corporate Greed !
#3Realist2615Posted 10/13/2013 12:01:05 AM
It's just like you said.

This relies on other factors as well, though. Using your sickle on a crop doesn't instantly level it up. Placing the crop in a healthy plot is important. Most of the time, your soil will require above average levels of health, growth bonus and growth modifier. It sounds complicated, but you can see all of this stuff with the magnifying glass. It's incredibly useful. Buy it, love it.

At higher crop levels, you might get stonewalled and it will stop leveling up... This means your land needs improving. Use the glass to check which aspect needs attention. Using things like greenifier, 4-leaf clovers, formula or withered grass can improve these things. If you take care of the soil, it'll yield high level crops gradually, so long as you keep harvesting it with the sickle.
---
Playing: League of Legends, Rune Factory 4, Tales of the Abyss 3D, Tales of Xillia
#4xvi_revyaPosted 10/13/2013 4:49:54 AM
Realist2615 posted...
At higher crop levels, you might get stonewalled and it will stop leveling up... This means your land needs improving.

You forgot to mention you need a better sickle for anything higher than level 3.
---
Anticipating: Atelier Escha & Logy (PS3), Bravely Default (3DS)
Now Playing: SMT IV (3DS), Rune Factory 4 (3DS)
#5kawaiihito94(Topic Creator)Posted 10/13/2013 7:02:16 AM
Alright. Thanks :)
Just one more thing, do I get the magnifying glass for free or maybe a reward from a quest? If not, I'll just buy it then.
---
My 3DS friend code: 2079 - 5913 - 0356 :)
#6Sun XiaoPosted 10/14/2013 5:03:25 PM
kawaiihito94 posted...
Alright. Thanks :)
Just one more thing, do I get the magnifying glass for free or maybe a reward from a quest? If not, I'll just buy it then.

I afraid you have to buy it because I am at 5th mission now ,so I haven't counter any quests that will give me free magnifying glass yet.
---
Annoy A Republican, Fight Corporate Greed !