Doug's sub events

#1kdg0189Posted 10/13/2013 8:54:00 AM
For both of Doug's pre marriage events, Shiny Memories and Doug's Secrets, does the sleeping with him in your party trick work? Also does taking him on more dates increase the chance of the sub events happening? I've been on 6 or 7 dates with him so far. I've tried the sleeping trick but so far it hasn't worked.
---
Yes, I'm a girl gamer. Seriously it's not that uncommon.
#2StormfeatherPosted 10/13/2013 12:38:21 PM
Now, I didn't woo Doug, I went with Dylas, and I don't know what might be coincidence and what might not but:

I finally managed to get the Smiling Practice sub-event (the first one needed for marriage, but it doesn't let you propose yet, apparently) with the sleeping-in-party trick, although it took a lot of resets. That said, I finally triggered it when I started sleeping a couple nights in a row, and I started to get events on the second night. The first night I was sleeping (and having no luck with events), someone's birthday (Bado's) was on the day after the first night. So I don't know if birthdays can interfere with sub-events.

Then I was having no luck unlocking the other sub-event (For Clumsy You), but I finally went on one more date with Dylas to the general store, where I had options of buying something like four different items, and the fourth was ridiculously expensive. That was our third date in that location, and I'd bought the other two cheaper gifts, so I bought the third cheaper gift that date. I managed to unlock the sub-event I think the next time I slept.

So like I said, not sure how much of that might be coincidence/luck, and how much might be helpful. But to just try it out, I'd say a) if you have a date location where you have the chance to buy him a choice of things, try buying the three cheapest. And try to make sure there's no events, including birthdays, on the next day. (The day you're waking up after the sleep-in-party trick).

And if any of this helps or obviously doesn't help at all, I'm curious. :3
---
Please insert witty quote here.
3DS Friend Code: 0559 7534 8937 AC Dream Address: 4100 2146 2004
#3pikangiePosted 10/13/2013 2:26:49 PM
Stormfeather posted...
Now, I didn't woo Doug, I went with Dylas, and I don't know what might be coincidence and what might not but:

I finally managed to get the Smiling Practice sub-event (the first one needed for marriage, but it doesn't let you propose yet, apparently) with the sleeping-in-party trick, although it took a lot of resets. That said, I finally triggered it when I started sleeping a couple nights in a row, and I started to get events on the second night. The first night I was sleeping (and having no luck with events), someone's birthday (Bado's) was on the day after the first night. So I don't know if birthdays can interfere with sub-events.

Then I was having no luck unlocking the other sub-event (For Clumsy You), but I finally went on one more date with Dylas to the general store, where I had options of buying something like four different items, and the fourth was ridiculously expensive. That was our third date in that location, and I'd bought the other two cheaper gifts, so I bought the third cheaper gift that date. I managed to unlock the sub-event I think the next time I slept.

So like I said, not sure how much of that might be coincidence/luck, and how much might be helpful. But to just try it out, I'd say a) if you have a date location where you have the chance to buy him a choice of things, try buying the three cheapest. And try to make sure there's no events, including birthdays, on the next day. (The day you're waking up after the sleep-in-party trick).

And if any of this helps or obviously doesn't help at all, I'm curious. :3

Now that you mention it, when I played on all of my other save files for the boys, I couldn't get their sub-event/proposal to trigger no matter how many YEARS i waited, but then with Vishnal, playing at a slow pace and within less than a month of dating he already proposed in his sub-event. o_o

And coincidentally, I did not buy all of the things at the general store for the other guys' save files, but on my main(Vishnal) save file, I did buy him all 3 cheapest items...
---
ACNL QR Codes: http://pikangie.tumblr.com/
3DS Friendcode: 4597-0805-4383
#4StormfeatherPosted 10/13/2013 3:21:39 PM
Innnnteresting....

What about anyone else wooing the bachelors? (And maybe the bachelorettes, although they could go off different rules)... those who are engaged, did you get all three gifts? Didn't you? How difficult was it?

Now I'm curious if it's just coincidence or if there's something there.
---
Please insert witty quote here.
3DS Friend Code: 0559 7534 8937 AC Dream Address: 4100 2146 2004
#5TT749Posted 10/13/2013 3:56:13 PM
I'm pretty sure it's just coincidence. I just got to Doug's proposal event, and I only bought the third gift, so I'm pretty sure that it doesn't really matter.
---
---
The things that make us strange are the things that make us normal. - Unknown
#6kdg0189(Topic Creator)Posted 10/13/2013 4:35:54 PM
I've been on over 10 dates with Doug, bought him the all the gifts from the general store except the most expensive one and still have not seen Shiny Memories or Doug's Secrets. I've been doing the party and sleep trick and it's just not activating any of them.
---
#7kdg0189(Topic Creator)Posted 10/13/2013 7:01:15 PM
I feel like I must be doing something wrong. I just slept through 2 whole seasons with Doug in my party and he never once left or start an event. I just can't get any of his events to start.
---
#8TobiLeonMagnusPosted 10/17/2013 5:36:58 PM
Nahh... I'm having the same issue. Heck, I even bought the super expensive gift and I have squat to show for it. Douuuggg... What's your problemmmm? Dx in any case tell me if you figure it out, and if I figure it out ill share with ya.

-

I'm like Macklemore in math class. Like, what what what what, what what what