How to unlock hidden paths ? <mild spoiler>

#1Sun XiaoPosted 10/16/2013 12:30:37 AM
I thought I did see one topic that mention lightning/thunderstorm will unlock one of them ,but I forgot where is that location ?.

I wonder how many hidden path or secrets do RF4 has now ?. If so, how do I unlock those beside storyline plots of course ?.
---
Annoy A Republican, Fight Corporate Greed !
#2Sun Xiao(Topic Creator)Posted 10/17/2013 8:00:26 PM
No one wants to answer ?
---
#3JelmeKahnPosted 10/20/2013 8:39:19 AM
I actually just wanna bump this, ive gotten to a few new areas, just started up idra cave in the second arc and i noticed althrough out the map, summer area, fall area, spring area there are places where i cant get to cause its blocked by trees and shrooms and such. Do i just need to progress far enough in the game to get to these areas? Anyone have a list of all the secret areas?
---
Harvest Moon A New Beginning, Friend Code: 2680-8909-3254, Farmer: James, Farm: Ho Farm
#4crystalsoulsPosted 10/20/2013 8:41:01 AM
In the spring area is a path blocked by mushrooms... except on the first five days of a month.
---
3ds: 3050-8423-0484
#5JelmeKahnPosted 10/20/2013 11:47:27 AM
I read somewhere that it has to be first five days AND be a storm/typhoon?

Is that right?

tty
---
Harvest Moon A New Beginning, Friend Code: 2680-8909-3254, Farmer: James, Farm: Ho Farm
#6LirishaePosted 10/20/2013 11:52:28 AM
No, the mushrooms simply disappear at the beginning of each month. You don't need to let it storm.
---
"Little scratches on people's hearts will be gone if they pat them from behind, but the humans don't know that." -Li'l Cactus
White 2: 1636-5705-4662
#7gohobojoePosted 10/20/2013 12:41:18 PM
Spring has the mushrooms that disappear between 1-5 of evey month, spring also has the daily road that changes every day.

Fall has trees that are broken by lightning. Requires lightning weather, which means lightning storm or typhoon.

That's about it.
---
"I don't care. I just want to fight a big ass train that's made of doom." - ChaozCloud, FFXIV board
#8PikaleyPosted 10/20/2013 12:58:46 PM
JelmeKahn posted...
I read somewhere that it has to be first five days AND be a storm/typhoon?

Is that right?

tty

no only first 5 days of month, u may be thinkin of typhoon monster that appears on scherzo hill during typhoon
---
3ds fc - 4983-5114-5815, Name: Brad
Official Pikachu and MegaPikachu of the Pokemon X Board
#9JelmeKahnPosted 10/20/2013 2:37:43 PM
thanks guys. gosh there are so many secrets in this game.

another quick one. In delirium lava cavern theres a red pillar, but i cant seem to get to the switch to bring it down. i also passed that part of the story so its optional but i just cant seem to get to the switch. are there environmental/date specific triggers too?
---
#10Sun Xiao(Topic Creator)Posted 10/20/2013 3:29:57 PM
JelmeKahn posted...
thanks guys. gosh there are so many secrets in this game.

another quick one. In delirium lava cavern theres a red pillar, but i cant seem to get to the switch to bring it down. i also passed that part of the story so its optional but i just cant seem to get to the switch. are there environmental/date specific triggers too?

IIRC, you need long range i.e. staff or spear to kill a gate in order to unlock switch.

According to crystalsouls, if you take Kiel with you to Yokmir Forest then he will uncover hidden path near boss's lair. He also said Forte also can uncover that path as well.

I know Yokmir Cave has bunch of secret switch that you need to do back and forth to release pillars.

JelmeKahn posted...
I actually just wanna bump this, ive gotten to a few new areas, just started up idra cave in the second arc and i noticed althrough out the map, summer area, fall area, spring area there are places where i cant get to cause its blocked by trees and shrooms and such. Do i just need to progress far enough in the game to get to these areas? Anyone have a list of all the secret areas?

Fall has trees that are broken by lightning. Requires lightning weather, which means lightning storm or typhoon.

Yes, this is what I am looking for. Btw, will it unblock for good ?.
---