What level do I have to be for Leon Karnak

#1jumbocactuar7Posted 10/17/2013 3:21:06 AM
Just triggered the 3rd arc, but the monsters in Leon Karnak own me. I'm lv 120ish and playing on easy (for which I didn't think I need to grind). What level should I be at?

I admit I haven't worked much on crafting new gear. It's just frustratingly slow and I haven't found a definitive guide on it.
#2WaffleDeePosted 10/17/2013 4:27:40 AM
Your problem is probably gear, not level. Relying on random equip drops in arc 3 might prove problematic.
#3LizardRoninPosted 10/17/2013 4:45:30 AM
Yea WaffleDee is right, since if you haven't been working on your smithing and crafting then could be a great time to do so. Mainly a good way is to farm the heck out of iron and bronze ore (you can get both easily in town after you open the bridge to the mansion during the first arc) and wooly fur if you tamed some for your barn. Ore used for smithing and wolly for crafting can raise it up nicely and make you some nice bit of gold as well.

But also this game is much more based on equipment then level since was able to plow threw the first arc with a lvl 6 wind spell I got dropped, and now finally getting enough good supplies to get decent equipment. But still neglecting your lvling isnt wise either, but you can be quite OP with the right stuff. Also be sure to bring friends as well since they do help alot, even to only be used as meat shields.
---
"You're dead if you aim only for kids. Adults are only kids grown up, anyway." - Walt Disney
#4jangokojiPosted 10/17/2013 7:18:52 AM
Yeah you really need to work on your crafting skills I beat Leon Karnak at about lvl 83 on hard and it was surprisingly easy
---
Waiting for the next tales game on the 3ds hopefully not a remake.
#5PikaleyPosted 10/17/2013 9:42:27 AM
im in runa prana with 50ish in forging and 40ish in crafting and 80ish in cooking is that good? seems ive learned allr ecipes i can learn and theyre all weaker then what i fin d in drops.....

also any tips on good easy recipes? was using that carrotblade and turnip headgear to level them but they dont give much exp anymore
---
3ds fc - 4983-5114-5815, Name: Brad
Official Pikachu and MegaPikachu of the Pokemon X Board
#6DahlVaughnniPosted 10/17/2013 11:46:00 AM
If you're having trouble at level 120 on easy, then you definitely are having problems unrelated to leveling. Even storebought gear should be enough for this place at your level. If you're using the overrated spear, that might have something to do with it.
---
Gamertag: Archlvt (I no longer have XBL Gold)
3DS FC: 4296 3610 2207
#7spyke252Posted 10/17/2013 12:03:01 PM
Pikaley posted...
im in runa prana with 50ish in forging and 40ish in crafting and 80ish in cooking is that good? seems ive learned allr ecipes i can learn and theyre all weaker then what i fin d in drops.....

also any tips on good easy recipes? was using that carrotblade and turnip headgear to level them but they dont give much exp anymore

Upgrade instead of making new recipes.
Also, no it isn't good- the items I had even beginning Rune Prana were higher than 50 O.O
#8jumbocactuar7(Topic Creator)Posted 10/19/2013 1:11:41 AM
Thanks for all the response guys. Actually I made a mistake - I'm in Rune Prana not Leon Karnak. I didn't see the name before and thought it was just an extension. Are there any specific weapons I should be gunning for? I'm working on crafting skills now and eating bread everyday. It's far too open ended for me and I don't enjoy it much, so hope to get it over with soon.