So what happens if you accidentally ship the gold turnip seed?

#1GuerillaGorillaPosted 10/25/2013 10:06:13 PM
The gold turnip seeds that Arthur gives you in one of the quests. Do you just hope to get lucky and find one someone in a box, chest, or gathering spot?

Just curious.
---
NNID: GuerillaGorilla
3DS FC: 0748-1993-0631
#2Rhah01Posted 10/25/2013 10:10:34 PM
Just talk to Eliza (request box) can get seed over and over again. I shipped 1 seed and planted 4 others before i completed the request
---
3DS FC: 0173 - 1424 - 5683
#3DarkWind313Posted 10/25/2013 10:18:02 PM
Rhah01 posted...
Just talk to Eliza (request box) can get seed over and over again. I shipped 1 seed and planted 4 others before i completed the request

I've tried that several times, and haven't been able to get more than one seed.
I don't get another one after planting the first, nor do I get another one if I cancel and re-accept the request.
---
[Dark Spirit, Spirited Wind] ~Severstarr~
http://i.imgur.com/2Hqmd.png
#4Rhah01Posted 10/25/2013 10:25:48 PM
I have the cartridge version? Maybe different for estop version? Sorry just trying to understand why, is different for your game. Its the turnip heaven request from Eliza that im did this on and need to talk to Eliza for the extra seeds.
---
#5DarkWind313Posted 10/25/2013 10:32:03 PM
I have the cartridge version as well, and am on the Give a Turnip Heaven! request.
I've tried various things, and nothing has resulted in me getting more than one seed. Even if I destory the planted seed with my hammer, and cancel the request, I still won't get another one after re-accepting it.
---
[Dark Spirit, Spirited Wind] ~Severstarr~
http://i.imgur.com/2Hqmd.png
#6Rhah01Posted 10/25/2013 10:37:57 PM
All i did was accept the request, planted the seed. I think was next day i talked to Eliza without thinking and recieved another seed, i threw it in the shipping box. Then got 1 more seed at a time till had 4 planted.
---
#7LirishaePosted 10/25/2013 10:41:32 PM
I'm really not sure if this will help or not, but maybe try turning the 3DS off and booting the game again. This seems to fix a number of other minor bugs when resetting doesn't, so maybe it will prompt Eliza to give you another seed.
---
"Little scratches on people's hearts will be gone if they pat them from behind, but the humans don't know that." -Li'l Cactus
White 2: 1636-5705-4662
#8Dork_VaderPosted 10/26/2013 1:14:24 AM
Rhah01 posted...
I have the cartridge version? Maybe different for estop version? Sorry just trying to understand why, is different for your game. Its the turnip heaven request from Eliza that im did this on and need to talk to Eliza for the extra seeds.

There are no such differences at all, it is not possible for this to be the case.
---
Harmony is peace, peace is unity, unity is harmony. I tell this to the Nook man. He ask me to leave.
FC: 5043-1916-2602 DA: 4700-2174-5995
#9Rhah01Posted 10/26/2013 1:24:15 AM
Dork_Vader posted...
Rhah01 posted...

There are no such differences at all, it is not possible for this to be the case.

Not going to argue, but i been in software development for a long time and pretty much anything is possible if the code base was changed at all. And probably was if there's any licensing code involved.

We all know what happened when they ported hm: tale of two towns to 3ds and added the petting mini game
---
#10Dork_VaderPosted 10/26/2013 4:28:36 AM(edited)
The game wasn't ported, I know more than enough about software and the way computers work to tell that the difference between a bit of code written to memory in a cartridge and a bit of code written to memory in an SD card comes down to the physical permissions allowed in the medium: cartridges don't allow you to readily replace the code, SD cards do.

Case in point: you can transfer data from a cartridge version to a digital version with an e-shop tool.

Additionally, it is certain that some portion of the people who have digital and eshop versions have an SD card made by the same fabs which make the 3DS cartridges, it is easily enough seen that there is no difference, only the matter of when/where/who loads/loaded the data onto the medium and whether or not end users have write access varies.

I make a point to try to dispel stupid rumors like there being more bugs with eshop versions or whatnot because it is long past time we move away from cartridges being the primary distribution, it is a pain and needless.

If you had a bug with your digital version it is because your actual SD card broke, or it was a general bug in the code which affects everyone, I got a freeze at the end of the second arc, that may have happened regardless of my using physical or digital versions of the game, it's a general bug.
---
Harmony is peace, peace is unity, unity is harmony. I tell this to the Nook man. He ask me to leave.
FC: 5043-1916-2602 DA: 4700-2174-5995