Fishing Guide! =]

#1phoneixabyssPosted 11/9/2013 9:53:30 AM
Ok so after hours of fishing and the help from other people and a compilation of fish from various other places, I've managed to put together a guide for fishing (still in progress).

**This guide is not complete yet as I'm still playing through the game. If you have anything to contribute, please do so =]**

Fish that can be caught in the areas listed may be affected by weather, type of fishing pole, and level of fishing. This is just a general guide as of right now.

If someone wants to work on a more in-depth or help contribute to a more in-depth guide, please let me know =]. (This would be a guide factoring in weather, types of fishing pole, level of fishing, seasons, etc).

Do you guys like this type of format? It's easier to edit but could be changed to a table format too.

[Location][Fish caught][other]
or
[Fish name][location can be caught]
[other]
---
Add me: 5386-7303-5820 --Marisol--
Harvest Moon ANB :)
#2phoneixabyss(Topic Creator)Posted 11/9/2013 9:55:08 AM
Also, for those of you looking for just the rare fish types, I posted this before on another thread but I'll re-post it here.

Rainbow Trout: Dragon Lake Spring/Summer (Increased chance on bad weather), Yokmil Forest (Best place!), Water Temple (Rare), Idra Cave 1st Floor (Rare), Mt. Maya and the Empire. This fish has big shadow.

Lamp Squid: Dragon Lake All Seasons (Very rare; Increased chance on bad weather), Idra Cave 1st floor (Very rare), Idra Cave 2nd Basement (Rare), Water Temple (Very rare) and Mt. Maya (Very rare).

Throbby Snapper: Selphia and Seasonal Areas (All Season, increased chance on bad weather), Water Temple, Maya Mt. Trail and Idra Cave 1st floor. Very Rare.

Snapper: Selphia and Seasonal Areas (All Season, increased chance on bad weather), Water Temple and Idra Cave (All Area). Very Rare. Maya Mt. Trail <- Rare.

Lamp Squid: Selphia and Seasonal Areas (All Season, increased chance on bad weather), Idra Cave 1st floor, Water Temple and Mt. Maya Trail. Very rare. Idra Cave 2nd Basement <- Rare

Sunsquid: Selphia and Seasonal Areas (All Season, increased chance on bad weather), Idra Cave 1st floor, Water Temple, Idra Cave 2nd Basement, Mt. Maya Trail and Sech’s Territory. Very rare.

Taimen: Selphia and Seasonal Areas (Except Winter, increased chance on bad weather), Yorkmil Waterfall, Water Temple, Idra Cave 1st floor, Idra Cave Basement 1st, Mt. Maya Trail. Very rare. Sech’s Territory <- Rare.

Tuna: Selphia and Seasonal Areas (Except Spring, increased chance on bad weather), Water Temple, Mt. Maya Trail and Sech’s Territory. Very rare.

Blowfish: Selphia Winter and Winter Area (increased chance on bad weather), Yorkmil Waterfall, Mt. Maya Trail, Water Temple. Very rare. Sech’s Territory <- Rare.

Yellowtail: Selphia and Seasonal Areas (Except Spring, increased chance on bad weather), Water Temple, Mt. Maya Trail. Very rare.
---
#3phoneixabyss(Topic Creator)Posted 11/9/2013 2:40:32 PM
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AvTdrN6OHTJEdEZLcFh0NlVHdVVEa2hsRjk1LW9qS2c&usp=sharing

Link to guide =]
---
#4zeloswilder_fanPosted 11/9/2013 5:45:14 PM
Profiled; sticky requested.
---
XBL: heaven eater (no more Gold); Wii U: AntinomyTG
I'm...sorry for not being a native English speaker, I guess? :/
#5pdrydiaPosted 11/9/2013 7:53:13 PM
Amazing. This needed to be done for a long time. Would you mind if I add your information to the Rune Factory Wikia?

I'd add that Rare Can can be fished up in Selphia Dragon Lake, all seasons, and I have read on the Ushi no Tane forum (http://fogu.com/hmforum/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=160367) that it's also available in the sandy area -- in other words, it can be found anywhere, like the Boot and Can.
#6Dork_VaderPosted 11/9/2013 7:59:17 PM
Yeah, I tend to catch mine in the Spring Lake area.
---
He's bluffing! No creature would willingly make an idiot out of itself.
Obviously
you've never been in love.
#7xvi_revyaPosted 11/9/2013 8:42:54 PM(edited)
I caught my first Legendary Scale in the Spring Field seasonal fishing spot (not the Spring Lake where you can drop items for the headgear, not the Spring place with lilypads).

EDIT: noticed that you said the list isn't final, edited out the "are you sure" part
---
Anticipating: Atelier Escha & Logy, Bravely Default
Now Playing: SMT IV, Rune Factory 4, Ace Attorney: Dual Destinies
#8phoneixabyss(Topic Creator)Posted 11/10/2013 5:21:14 AM
pdrydia posted...
Amazing. This needed to be done for a long time. Would you mind if I add your information to the Rune Factory Wikia?

I'd add that Rare Can can be fished up in Selphia Dragon Lake, all seasons, and I have read on the Ushi no Tane forum (http://fogu.com/hmforum/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=160367) that it's also available in the sandy area -- in other words, it can be found anywhere, like the Boot and Can.

Yes you may although it's not quite complete =p so you might have to do some/a lot of editing.

And yes, the rare can, can, and boot can be fished up anywhere.
---
#9phoneixabyss(Topic Creator)Posted 11/10/2013 5:45:17 AM
xvi_revya posted...
I caught my first Legendary Scale in the Spring Field seasonal fishing spot (not the Spring Lake where you can drop items for the headgear, not the Spring place with lilypads).

EDIT: noticed that you said the list isn't final, edited out the "are you sure" part

You mean Sercerezo Lake? I think/thought the Spring Spring (little pond area) was where you got the headgear?
---
#10pdrydiaPosted 11/10/2013 11:40:43 AM(edited)
The Spring Spring is definitely where you get the headgear. A yellow fairy pops out of the spring if you toss something in; if you toss in a giant crop, she'll give you a Spring Headdress. The Spring Spring has to be walked to, and can only be accessed certain days because trees block the way sometimes.

Sercerezo Lake is the "spring fishing area". After you've been there once, you can use the airport to get there anytime.

The name of the places are visible on the lower portion of the lower screen.

There's also the sand pond in Sercerezo hill, which must also be walked to. It's not named on the bottom screen, but it's kinda hard to confuse that place with anything else.

[edit] Oh, and thank you!