What's with my twinkle tree?

#1The-MutantPosted 1/7/2014 6:38:04 PM
So a few in-game days ago, the twinkle tree I'd had growing for ages grew up. I forgot about it for those couple days, then recalled it and went to carefully chop away some of it- only to find that it fell in one hit. Startled, I reloaded (it was the beginning of the day, so I had a save) and pulled out the magnifying glass, to find that it had a whopping 0 HP- and I hadn't touched the thing! I hoed a couple of withered grass on the field, but nothing happened. What's up with it having no HP and how do I fix it?
---
This place has outlasted its usefulness... as have you! -Kain (Soul Reaver)
#2President_MarthPosted 1/7/2014 6:44:31 PM
Move a little then check back on it. the health won't change if you don't move.
---
Marth kicks arse! Marth kicks arse! Marth kicks arse! ~AngryPidgeon
Official President Marth of Gamefaqs
#3Karin18Posted 1/8/2014 5:18:42 AM
Does a twinkle tree just give endless wood or what good is it exactly? I can't tell lol
---
Black Mage: Dammit fighter, White Mage doesn't like me because you're a rotten friend.
Fighter: I'm horrible!
#4ANelsonPosted 1/8/2014 5:35:29 AM
Yes if you keep restoring its HP. But it's also the only source of Glitta Augite, one of the two range-increasing item upgrades, and it can be gotten much sooner than the Raccoon Leaf.
#5Karin18Posted 1/8/2014 7:06:00 AM
How does it give that? Is it random? @_@
---
Black Mage: Dammit fighter, White Mage doesn't like me because you're a rotten friend.
#6iconiqPosted 1/8/2014 7:22:46 AM
Karin18 posted...
How does it give that? Is it random? @_@

Yup, it's random. You can also restore the tree's health/HP by using a Corn. Just place it on the soil and use your hoe.
#7Karin18Posted 1/8/2014 8:58:39 AM
Corn heals both? Cuz I'm pretty sure dead grass is just health. Is that true?
---
#8iconiqPosted 1/8/2014 9:32:33 AM
I'm pretty sure withered grass is just the cheaper and easier variant. I've been using corns and all my four Twinkle Trees are still standing. And trust me, I've been cutting them A LOT haha... Damn storage box needs 1500 lumbers for the 4th upgrade...
#9Dodgeball BoyPosted 1/18/2014 1:19:26 AM(edited)
My Twinkle Tree just matured today, and while I'm excited for endless lumber I'm scared of screwing it up. Do I have to water it every day still? Will enhancers like Greenifier still work on it? And how does that grass/corn thing work? Just drop one from my inventory on the general space of the tree and whack it with a hoe?
---
Dodgeball Boy? He's Batman. The Trolls are the Joker. For giggles, I'm Michael Caine. - Crobar
http://i.imgur.com/6EAtqf0.png Merry Christmas, Kirby! ^_^
#10RavarynPosted 1/18/2014 12:33:48 PM
Dodgeball Boy posted...
Do I have to water it every day still?

You only need to water it if it starts to wither, like with any other crop. Feel free to water it every day if you want to be safe though, it can't hurt.

Will enhancers like Greenifier still work on it?

Fully grown plants can be affected by Greenifier, yes... but Twinkle Trees produce random level lumber and augite, so the level of the tree really doesn't matter.

And how does that grass/corn thing work? Just drop one from my inventory on the general space of the tree and whack it with a hoe?

Drop one in the same 2x2 plot and whack it with your hoe, yes. That adds 170 HP and Health to that plot and any crops within.