About Town Events (PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING!)

#1Karin18Posted 1/31/2014 9:53:32 AM
I'm hoping to sticky this since it seems there are still plenty of topics asking about how to trigger events...thus the "read first before posting" plea in the title.

The majority of what will be in this post comes from this topic:
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/635388-rune-factory-4/68059935

I am just going to try and organize it and explain it so hopefully new people coming in will be able to understand it better.

So we can all agree (most of us) that the event system in Rune Factory 4 sucks. The fact that they are completely random, including the last part of the story, makes it very frustrating to get anywhere. This results in people forcing sleep for YEARS for certain events to trigger. However, that is completely unnecessary.

As shown in the topic I reference, there is a way to tell WHEN events trigger and from there essentially choose which ones you WANT to trigger.

First off, save your game. Always a good idea. I would recommend playing as usual and before you go to bed, save your game (preferably before 6 AM, as that is considered a "new day" and I'm not sure how that affects things). Go to sleep.

When you wake up, you're going to try and find out if this day is an event day. I have a set path that I follow to see if it is indeed an event day (which I will describe in the example below). If no events trigger, then I head back to my room (DO NOT SAVE!!!!) and go to bed.

Continue this every day until you find an event, whether it is one you are looking for or not. This day will ALWAYS be an event day. So now you can reset your game and play as usual. However, the night before the event day, be sure to SAVE. Then you can go to sleep.

Because you know this day is an event day, SOMETHING will ALWAYS happen. The question is whether or not it is the event you're looking for. I consider my path below to be the least time consuming (so that way if I DO find an event I want, I didn't waste all day trying to find it). If you are looking for a single event in particular and know how to trigger it/who to talk to/who to look for, that will make the process much quicker. I personally like to find out what event DID trigger (if the one I'm looking for didn't start) so I can know I didn't mess something up. If you find out another event is going on aside from the one you want, reset and try again. Keep this up until you find the event you want.

Here's an example to help explain.

I sleep and save the night of Summer 2. I wake up Summer 3 and walk outside. Obviously no one is up yet so I run around town to find if this is an event day. I'll run to the left screen, then up into the north and run into the Inn. Sometimes some events trigger as soon as you walk in, so if no events trigger and if you don't see any of the inhabitants out of their beds, you know nothing is in here. So I run back out and down the street to the restaurant and poke my head in there. Sometimes mini events (events that happen RIGHT THEN and finish up and don't show up in the diary) happen here with Dylas and Arthur so I can see if it triggers right when I walk in, or if I see Arthur in his office. If so, he has a mini event over there. If not, about this time Arthur and Porco are awake. So I'll run upstairs and talk to them to see if they start anything. I'll then run out and head towards Melody Street. (All the while, keep an eye on your map. If you see someone running, they are probably in an event).

Margaret is an early riser so you can also start your journey by going to her first, but I just follow this path anyway. So she too will be up when you get there. Talk to her and see if she triggers anything. If not, others will be waking up around now as well. I'll head to the General Store and talk to Blossom and Doug, then to the flower shop to talk to Illuminata and Amber.

(CONTINUED!)
---
Black Mage: Dammit fighter, White Mage doesn't like me because you're a rotten friend.
Fighter: I'm horrible!
#2Karin18(Topic Creator)Posted 1/31/2014 9:55:14 AM
By this time it's around 7:00 in the morning and others will start to wake up. The rest of the time consists of running everyone down and seeing if they trigger anything. I donít like to be spoiled for what they will be saying to me that day, so I will just hold Y to skip through the conversation. Because I could also very well be skipping through an event (if I canít tell by the first thing they say, of which you usually can), then I head back to my room to check my diary. If there are no Town Events and I didnít come across any mini events, then this day is not an event day. I go to bed and try again.

I continue this until I DO find an event. Letís say I find an event on Summer 6. So now I can reload my Summer 2 save, play normally, then when I get to Summer 5, save again. Then Summer 6 begins another search in which I see if the event I want is triggered. I suppose most will be searching for Memories, so you can simply walk outside and wait a minute. Usually by 6:15 if someone is running out to go somewhere, you will see them. Or if you are impatient you can run up to the restaurant and see if Dylas is getting out of bed and running down. If not and heís still sleeping, then Memories didnít trigger.

SOME NOTES:
-- Once you find an event day, that day will ALWAYS be an event day. Unless you find another event day prior and trigger that one instead. It has happened to me a few times that Iíve found an event day (weíll say Summer 6) and while Iím playing through normally Iíll find that I somehow missed Summer 4, which was an event day. I can now reload my save of Summer 3 and try to trigger my event on Summer 4. The problem is if I do that, Summer 6 is NO LONGER AN EVENT DAY. The day resets once you trigger an event. You can reload and play through Summer 4 all you want and Summer 6 will still be an event day, but once you trigger the event on Summer 4 it will reset.

-- Events CAN happen the days before festivals and after festivals. I have heard they can happen days OF festivals too, but I have never had this happen before. They can also trigger on birthdays as well.

-- A trick most people hear about is having someone sleep in your party with you, or LP requirements, etc. This is unnecessary. It will help you figure out what event is going on if you are looking for a specific one, but you donít NEED to do this. For those unfamiliar with this trick, you can ask townspeople to be in your party. Once they are high enough LP/FP, they wonít have to leave your party at night. You can go to sleep and they will stay with you. If an event comes and they are involved in it, then they will leave the party. So if you are trying to trigger Memories and you know that Summer 6 is an event day, take Amber and Dylas into your party and sleep Summer 5. If both leave that morning, that is more than likely the even that triggered. If not, you can reset. This just saves you time from running around town trying to see what event happened to trigger. Again, not necessary, but can be time saving if youíre looking for a specific event.

A note from Akirahime is if you are trying to trigger an event for someone and you have them in your party, make sure they arenít still hanging around after a date (i.e. ďI want to stay with youĒ). This apparently messes it up. So if you take people into your party, make sure you ask them the normal way and not just keep them around after a date.

(CONTINUED)
---
Black Mage: Dammit fighter, White Mage doesn't like me because you're a rotten friend.
#3Karin18(Topic Creator)Posted 1/31/2014 9:55:42 AM
-- I am unsure about what happens if you ask someone on a date the day before an event day (such that the date is ON the event day). Iím just assuming that whoever you ask will not be part of the event. I havenít tested this. But perhaps if it forces events away from them, it may be beneficial to date someone who is in a lot of events (excluding the one you are looking for) so you can lower the number of choices the events pull from. Again, I donít know for sure, but maybe someone can test this. Akirahime says you can still trigger events, as long as the one youíre dating isnít in them. So like I said I donít know if that forces events away from the ones theyíre in or if it messes up the event day. Events are chosen at 6 AM the day of so I donít know how that affects it.

-- Because they are chosen at 6 AM the day of, just make sure you save and sleep the previous day sometime before this. Iíve gone to bed at 4 AM and still been fine. You may want to go to bed earlier just in case.

-- A question on that topic I referenced asked if one day is an event day, will that same day be an event day a year later? The answer is no. At least itís not meant to be. Itís possible it randomly becomes an event day, but because the days are chosen after the trigger of an event, they can be any day.

There you have it. With this trick, triggering events really arenít as hard as they are made out to be. In fact now that I know what to look for, Iíve had an event trigger at least once a week (sometimes two in one week, but thatís because I missed one apparentlyÖsuch as the Summer 4 and Summer 6 both being event days; I havenít had two successful ones in a week). Triggering Memories was super easy for me and right now Iím just going through finding all the mini events before I get married. It wonít be long now I presume :)

Credit goes to Maxsayo and Akirahime for the help! I learned this trick by reading their posts and it has helped me BUNCHES! Thanks you two!

If anyone has further questions, just post them and ask. And if you find this topic helpful, please request a sticky so it can help others!
---
#4amosmartelPosted 1/31/2014 10:07:53 AM
recommend STICKY!!!!!
---
Chaos Shall Reign.
P.S. Winter is coming!
#5Karin18(Topic Creator)Posted 2/1/2014 7:12:24 AM
Thanks so much! :) if it's stickied then hopefully people won't keep asking about how to trigger stuff lol
---
#6LuxraysrockPosted 2/2/2014 12:29:07 PM
Sticky requested! Thanks for the help :) I've read a few posts here and there that tell the general idea of how to do it, but this was definitely the most thorough.
---
http://www.fanfiction.net/~creationsgoneawry (because I can)
3DS FC: 0301-9797-6147 Name: Luxray
#7natsu12Posted 2/2/2014 1:04:21 PM
how to request a sticky?
---
Official Uchiha Madara of the UNS3 boards
Friend code 3ds:3454-1134-1989 TSV:457 IGN Seras
#8chrono8989Posted 2/2/2014 1:42:30 PM
natsu12 posted...
how to request a sticky?

Click "message detail" on the first message of this thread, and then go to the bottom of the page you are taken to.
#9amosmartelPosted 2/2/2014 2:24:44 PM
chrono8989 posted...
natsu12 posted...
how to request a sticky?

Click "message detail" on the first message of this thread, and then go to the bottom of the page you are taken to.

you also need to be a minimum of a lvl 31 gamefaqs bored member. otherwise the option wont show.
---
Chaos Shall Reign.
P.S. Winter is coming!
#10LuxraysrockPosted 2/2/2014 8:18:00 PM
amosmartel posted...
chrono8989 posted...
natsu12 posted...
how to request a sticky?

you also need to be a minimum of a lvl 31 gamefaqs bored member. otherwise the option wont show.

That is correct. There shall be no sticky requesting if you're having fun!
---
http://www.fanfiction.net/~creationsgoneawry (because I can)
3DS FC: 0301-9797-6147 Name: Luxray