Do you think this will be exactly the same game?

#1drummer131Posted 11/2/2011 6:16:34 AM

Commonly, portable versions of console games are tweaked and modified to better fit portable gameplay design and the smaller screens. But with this game...I can't imagine why they wouldn't be able to get the exact same game from the 360 or PS3 onto the 3DS.

Any word yet on what the 3DS version will be like?

#2gransPosted 11/3/2011 9:29:27 PM
Ancel confirmed in an interview that the 3DS version is the same as the console version, same levels and all. Though he mentions adapting the game to each specific console to use their unique features. With the 3DS version at least, that's most likely going to be the 3D effect. Likely the game will make use of the 3D to showcase nice depth between background and foreground (as well as sprite) layers.

http://www.gamespot.com/3ds/action/rayman-origins/news/6336549/rayman-origins-qanda-with-michel-ancel-creative-director?sid=6336549&mode=previews
---
NEVER judge a game you have not played.
-Granville
#3pitouiPosted 11/15/2011 3:02:14 AM
If that's the case I'd rather wait and buy it for the 3DS.
---
GT- Pitoui69
PSN ID- pitoui69
#4WiiFan77Posted 11/15/2011 8:51:24 AM
Awesome! Handheld gaming ftw!
---
???
#5gransPosted 11/16/2011 5:01:27 AM(edited)
I'll say, i've been playing this on Wii. Any gamer who has a system with this game needs to own this game, especially fans of the series (though i think it'll appear to anyone who can appreciate 2D platforming). I've been really pissed off with Ubisoft lately with their Rayman offerings. What with the Rabbids and their insistence on porting old Rayman games, i was losing faith in the series. Faith restored, this is a truly great 2D platformer. The visuals are gorgeous, it reminds me of games such as Braid and a little known DS game i've played called Soul Bubbles. But the game actually plays as amazingly as it looks. It has a different feel from past Rayman games. Mostly in the physics department with how Rayman moves and how characters react to being hit and such. The way momentum in running and jumping feels is kind of like classic Sonic and Mario games controlled. In a way at least. It has a sort of parkour feel to it at times, it can get very fast paced and acrobatic. Rayman can also jump on enemies to damage them now, a first for him if i recall. I'm loving this so far!

I can also see a ton of potential for the 3D effect to enhance the gorgeous visuals. There's usually at least 4-7 background layers happening, not to mention the sprites and foreground layers. The 3D will provide a striking sense of depth if implemented properly. I hope the extra development time for this port pays off. I also hope more games come out of this engine in the future. Ubiart is apparently going to become open source and available for anyone to use.
---
NEVER judge a game you have not played.
-Granville
#6pikachupwnagePosted 11/18/2011 10:27:06 AM
grans posted...
I'll say, i've been playing this on Wii. Any gamer who has a system with this game needs to own this game, especially fans of the series (though i think it'll appear to anyone who can appreciate 2D platforming). I've been really pissed off with Ubisoft lately with their Rayman offerings. What with the Rabbids and their insistence on porting old Rayman games, i was losing faith in the series. Faith restored, this is a truly great 2D platformer. The visuals are gorgeous, it reminds me of games such as Braid and a little known DS game i've played called Soul Bubbles. But the game actually plays as amazingly as it looks. It has a different feel from past Rayman games. Mostly in the physics department with how Rayman moves and how characters react to being hit and such. The way momentum in running and jumping feels is kind of like classic Sonic and Mario games controlled. In a way at least. It has a sort of parkour feel to it at times, it can get very fast paced and acrobatic. Rayman can also jump on enemies to damage them now, a first for him if i recall. I'm loving this so far!

I can also see a ton of potential for the 3D effect to enhance the gorgeous visuals. There's usually at least 4-7 background layers happening, not to mention the sprites and foreground layers. The 3D will provide a striking sense of depth if implemented properly. I hope the extra development time for this port pays off. I also hope more games come out of this engine in the future. Ubiart is apparently going to become open source and available for anyone to use.

O_O *runs and buys game*
---
What are Mario's pants made out of? DENIM DENIM DENIM
Official Special OPs beserker general of the stache army
#7SlaysmePosted 11/24/2011 12:47:15 PM
grans posted...

Yup. Can't wait for the 3ds version.
---
I don't watch television. If you are the ones who do, shut up, you're brainwashed. .
5412-9925-5942
#8WiiFan77Posted 11/24/2011 1:01:36 PM
Yeah, I'm picking up the 3DS version on day 1. Tried the PS3 demo and it was awesome.
---
???
#9MarkusLarkusPosted 12/11/2011 2:16:20 PM
1) it's a good thing that it'll be the same game. The 3D visuals will enhance the look greatly.

2) Is anyone else expecting high sales from this? The console versions sold 50K in the US. No other numbers from other countries.

3) will there be local or online multiplayer since this will be the handheld version?

4) Will the graphics looks as sharp as they do on home consoles?
#10naggaNT3GPosted 12/24/2011 2:26:08 AM
Yeah i hope this is going to be the same as the home console, and I do wish for multiplayer
---
Wii: Naggarad0 6447-5296-5571-7578
SSBB:Norm 0946-1898-9264 Conduit: 2836-7863-7186