How do I get Westin to take the holodisc?

#1jodigirl116Posted 9/14/2008 7:50:22 PM
I click on Bishop's holodisc then Westin and nothing. I even tried planting it on him and nothing. Lynnette in Vault City won't take that or the blue accounting book. Wonder what's up?
#2SpaceAgeSamuraiPosted 9/14/2008 9:20:19 PM
Have you tried talking to Westin about the disk? As I recall, that should be sufficient. Of course, he then gives you another disk to take back to VC.
---
When all else fails, read the instructions.
#3jodigirl116(Topic Creator)Posted 9/15/2008 10:34:17 AM
Yeah I tried to talk to him about the disc, or even ask me about being a Vault City citizen (which I am) but there is no dialog about it. And Lynnette doesn't have any options either about the disc or the accounting folder. Do I need to kiss her ass a bit by calling her "First Citizen" a bunch of times like I read in a FAQ to get her to accept the items?
#4SpaceAgeSamuraiPosted 9/15/2008 11:21:18 AM
Stupid question, but did you try talking to Westin with the disk in your possession or was this after planting it on him?
---
#5SpaceAgeSamuraiPosted 9/15/2008 11:26:54 AM
After checking Per Jorner's "Nearly Ulitimate" Guide, he has this to say:

"When you deliver Bishop's Holodisk to Westin he'll ask if you're a Vault City citizen, and if you are he gives you this quest [to deliver his holodisk to Lynette]."

Since you already said you had the question come up about whether you're a VC citizen or not, it sounds like you did hand him the evidence against Bishop. You just weren't paying attention.
---
#6jodigirl116(Topic Creator)Posted 9/15/2008 5:09:50 PM
Sorry if I am a bit confusing. I have the disc in my inventory. First I tried to talk to him like normal, but no option about VC or Bishop's disc came up, just about Bishop wanting me to kill him and about removing some varmits from his land. I did not kill Westin, I took his offer to kill Bishop, then took the reward after from Westin. I also tried to reverse pickpocket the disc onto him but makes no difference he still does not mention it. Lynnette also says nothing about the disc I have. I don't know what went wrong.
#7SoIidLegacyPosted 9/16/2008 9:28:33 PM
So let's go over the checklist again, just in case;

- You have the Account Book from the raiders' safe.
- You have the holodisk from Bishop's safe.

To fully complete this quest, these steps will also be needed:

- Be a VC Citizen
- Discover Thomas Moore's involvement in the whole plot (simply by hearing Bishop talk about him).
- Wipe out the Raiders.

Once all this is done, talk to Lynette about the the conspiracy of Bishop & NCR, show her the Account Book & Bishop's holodisk. She'll tell you to deliver a holodisk to Westin.
NOTE: This holodisk she gives you won't even appear in your inventory.
Talk to Westin, give him the holodisk, receive his holodisk (which will appear in your inventory), give this to Lynette by talking to her about it, and that's the end of that quest!

---
~States Guardian~
"why dont you go play Happy Feet on the Wii. I hear its about your level" -Expera