Pariah Dog

#1ArcturonPosted 6/6/2009 8:48:48 PM
....okay, so I have the version of the game thats in the 3 pack. Well, I encountered the Pariah Dog...got mad when I saw what he was doing to my character, so I just laid into him until he died....now his body follows me everywhere and my luck is normal but I still have the jinxed perk...is there anything to fix this?
#2SpaceAgeSamuraiPosted 6/6/2009 9:04:30 PM
Since killing the dog should solve your problems, you've clearly encountered a bug.

Now, whenever dealing with bugs, the first question is always, "what version of the game do you have?" ... not "What kind of package did it come in?" or "How was it bundled?", but a specific version number. (It should say, in the lower-right corner on the game's main menu, when you first run it.) Anything less than version 1.02 and you really need to patch your game. It won't fix your problem (in fact, you'll probably have to start over again--there is a save converter for the official patch that could let you continue, but I doubt that'll fix things that have already gotten screwed up), but it should reduce the number of other problems you run into.

For more information on the patches, check the beginning of the sticky topic.

Alternatively, just reload an earlier save and pray it doesn't happen again. You might also try a character editor to see if you can remove the jinxed trait that way, but I'm unsure of the havoc that hacking into an already messed up save file might wreak. It might cause more problems than it fixes, but it might be worth a shot. It's your call!
---
When all else fails, read the instructions.
#3Arcturon(Topic Creator)Posted 6/6/2009 9:19:12 PM
Nah, the new games come patched at 1.02. I wasn't sure if this was a bug or just the games way of punishing me for not finding another way of ridding myself of this dog....but apparently its the former. I don't think I'll bother with the character editor, I'm not sure when my last previous save was, but I know it was a terribly long time ago....I think I'm just gonna quit the game. I only picked up the pack because I was curious of the Fallout stories, the first game was so-so, this one was pretty great til this, its kinda game breaking when every other attack I attempt results in a critical FAILURE....how do you fail so hard at aiming you not only lose the remaining ammo chambered, but drop the gun as well? I'm not even sure how you screw up that bad...oh well. I'll go find something else to bide my time with.
#4Arcturon(Topic Creator)Posted 6/6/2009 9:19:32 PM
Thanks for the help though, I appreciate such a prompt response.
#5iforgotnmynamePosted 6/7/2009 12:01:00 AM
Critical failures only happen when you miss an attack. Try boosting your combat skill so that you're at 95% accuracy, then you shouldn't get getting critical failure so often.

---
Yes i am insane. Abnormally insane though. For that reason i can keep my sanity.
#6red255Posted 6/7/2009 1:30:24 PM
Remove it with Falche2.
---
Anybody saying this is anime of the year will immediately be shut down when FMA comes out. -cloudvstidus4life | Posted: 2/17/2009