Mark II Power Armor / Toxic Caves

#1southcoast09Posted 7/26/2009 2:48:44 AM
I am trying to unlock the door to the elevator in the Toxic Caves (where you find trapper smiley). I fixed the generator, but when I use the electronic lockpick on the door, it just says, "You need an electric device..."

What do I do?
#2joefitts63Posted 7/26/2009 6:06:50 AM
Are you using the Electronic Lockpick, or the Electronic Lockpick Mark II? There is a bug where the door doesn't recognize the Mark II, IIRC.
---
A good friend will help you move. A really good friend will help you move a body.
#3southcoast09(Topic Creator)Posted 7/26/2009 7:43:13 PM
It's just the regular one. My lockpicking skill is low (30% range), so I might try later.
#4southcoast09(Topic Creator)Posted 7/29/2009 5:24:55 PM
Ok, my bad. I finally got down there. I got attacked by a robot, and that's pretty much it. There were a few lockers, but they only had junk in them. I cannot find any other info on this in any of the walkthroughs, but one did say something about that area containing Mark II Power Armor as well as some 2mm ammo for the Gauss gun and other unnamed weaponry. Does anybody know anything about this? I searched the place forever and couldn't find anything useful.
#5StarbugPosted 7/29/2009 6:26:29 PM
Nope, if I remember correctly there is only Combat Armor there. The Advance Power Armor Mark II is found at the oil rig.
#6AngusYoung93Posted 7/29/2009 6:52:01 PM
There is a good amount of 2mm ammo in the lockers. I think it's in the same room as the combat armor mark II.
---
Welcome to GameFAQs, where we couldn't care less if you cured AIDS- we just want pictures of your cat. - Blitzkr13g
http://s5.tinypic.com/263hfnn.jpg
#7ResidentGear31Posted 7/29/2009 8:11:08 PM
There is like 150 gauss rifle ammo and a bozar (one of the best guns in the game) down there. Its ridiculous that you can get items that good so early. =o
#8AngusYoung93Posted 7/29/2009 8:25:38 PM

There is like 150 gauss rifle ammo and a bozar (one of the best guns in the game) down there. Its ridiculous that you can get items that good so early. =o

Not really. You need an electronic lockpick. You can't get that until mid-late game.
---
Welcome to GameFAQs, where we couldn't care less if you cured AIDS- we just want pictures of your cat. - Blitzkr13g
http://s5.tinypic.com/263hfnn.jpg
#9SpaceAgeSamuraiPosted 7/29/2009 9:41:05 PM
Not to mention the robot at the bottom of the elevator tends to make meat confetti out of low level characters. (Even higher level characters can get horribly unlucky and get blown to the second they step off the elevator.)

I'm not saying that it isn't possible to survive at lower levels, just that it's usually more trouble than it's worth.
---
When all else fails, read the instructions.
#10iforgotnmynamePosted 7/29/2009 10:08:03 PM
I so hope we're not going to have to start warning people against Toxic Cave runs now >.>

---
Yes i am insane. Abnormally insane though. For that reason i can keep my sanity.