Re-Arming Bishop's Safe...

#1ketpia1235Posted 12/23/2009 8:09:04 PM
I'm attempting to assassinate Mr. Bishop, and can't seem to get the bomb on the safe to re-arm. I talked to Mrs. Bishop and followed the conversation path about changing the combination, then attempted to "Repair" the safe and got this message: "It would probably be best to re-arm the safe with plastic explosives or dynamite first." Now, how would I go about doing that? I've attempted using Trap on the safe, but it tells me there isn't one. I've tried planting TNT and Plastic Explosives first, both armed and un-armed. Yet using Trap or Repair in either case just gives me the same messages. I've also tried using both Trap and Repair with the bomb in my inventory, both armed and un-armed. (And learned the hard way that trying to do anything that takes time with an armed explosive in your pocket is a VERY bad idea.)

Is there something I haven't thought of? Or will I have to find another way to kill Mr. Bishop, such as overdosing him or through a good-old-fashioned fire fight?
#2Rufus BurrusPosted 12/23/2009 8:35:12 PM
Never tried it this way myself, but here's the straight dope from Per Jorner's excellent walkthrough:

"The way to assassinate Mr Bishop isn't very obvious. First you have to sleep with Mrs Bishop. In bed, ask her about her husband, ask her if they love each other, then about Mr Bishop's "other pursuits". You'll now get the option to ask if she wants you to kill him. With Traps 76% you can suggest an "accident", and Mrs Bishop then tells you about the trap on Mr Bishop's safe. Use Repair (again you need 76%) on the safe to change the combination. Go downstairs and wait 10 minutes with your Pipboy and you'll hear a boom from upstairs, which may kill Mr Bishop - at other times I've seen it do only 1 point of damage to him. You get no xp for this, though. If you already disarmed the trap, the game will tell you to replace it before you can change the combination. Attempting to do so will crash the game, however. The solution to this is to go to the basement (changing maps) and return, whereupon the trap will be re-armed."

http://user.tninet.se/~jyg699a/fallout2.html
---
A preacher, a trucker, a high-roller
A holy-rollin' preachin' rollin' trucker yeah - from Clutch's "The House that Peterbilt"
#3AngusYoung93Posted 12/23/2009 11:25:32 PM
You "use" plastic explosive or TNT on the safe like you would use a stimpack on it.

Then "repair" it.
---
The integral sec y dy/ From zero to one-sixth of pi/ Is the log to base e/ Of the square root of three/ Times the sixty-fourth power of i
#4ketpia1235(Topic Creator)Posted 12/24/2009 12:15:54 AM
AngusYoung93 posted...
You "use" plastic explosive or TNT on the safe like you would use a stimpack on it.

Then "repair" it.
---
The integral sec y dy/ From zero to one-sixth of pi/ Is the log to base e/ Of the square root of three/ Times the sixty-fourth power of i

Well I'll be, I never even thought of using the dynamite from the right-click menu. >_>' I always thought it would be like using it from your inventory, just setting the timer. Thanks Angus!

Rufus Burrus posted...
http://user.tninet.se/~jyg699a/fallout2.html

And thank you for that link, Rufus. I'll definitely have to make use of that.