Is there a good way to kill John Bishop

#1OptimusShrPosted 5/15/2010 6:45:48 PM
I've been looking for a good silent way to kill Bishop for the exp and to leave the Wrights in control, what are my options?
#2red255Posted 5/15/2010 7:47:52 PM
reverse pickpocket some plastic explosive onto him?
---
If the next one is called, because of his MO, the underwear bomber, you'll know I'm on to something. Calvin Trillin June 16, 2006.
#3maynardftwPosted 5/15/2010 9:55:24 PM
Punch to the groin does the job.
---
Chaotic Good, left-handed. Spear and magic helmet?
#4maynardftwPosted 5/15/2010 9:55:37 PM
Oh you said silent.
---
Chaotic Good, left-handed. Spear and magic helmet?
#5VagnarokPosted 5/16/2010 7:18:37 AM
lol yeah The first thing I thought of was a couple of p90 bursts to the face, but that'd be pretty loud.
You could always superstim or do the explosives thing. If you're playing restopatch you might be able to poison him but I haven't gotten that to work properly.
Why don't you just come back when you're a walking tank and gauss him and all of his followers in the eyes?
---
You can't spell slaughter without laughter!
#6OptimusShr(Topic Creator)Posted 5/16/2010 8:14:35 AM
I tried placing a plastic explosive on him, didn't work unfortunately.

I got the Enclave Power Armor at the start of the game (I love game breaking) but want my NPC's around so I can sell Marge Labarge the mining chip in Redding. It's good to have someone to take the hits for you.

Can I just solve the murder quest then kill the raiders to get the best ending for New Reno? I know killing the raiders weakens the Bishops power but I am not fully sure on how the power system works.
#7red255Posted 5/16/2010 9:03:34 AM
how much damage did bishop take when they exploded? and did you try sticking MORE explosives on him?
---
If the next one is called, because of his MO, the underwear bomber, you'll know I'm on to something. Calvin Trillin June 16, 2006.
#8OptimusShr(Topic Creator)Posted 5/16/2010 10:01:25 AM
The blast took 50 HP off of him when it went off. I just tried adding a second plastic explosive but that didn't work either. The explosion stays at where the bomb was placed on John and not where he is thrown when the first one goes.

Anywhere I could buy some dynamite? Could that give me the damage I need? And will sticking him with a ton of Jet do anything?
#9red255Posted 5/16/2010 10:49:52 AM
you can buy dynamite in modoc, also sometimes in new reno arms, San fran has a little bit of everything. But ... why not just plant the second explosive on him AFTER this first one explodes?
---
#10tastendrueckerPosted 5/16/2010 12:09:51 PM
Why do you want to kill him silently ? Slaughtering him and his minions yields more karma, XP and loot.