50k Rhythmia, 30+ HRS, 35+ Dark Notes and Still No Navy Shards

#1Griffey2413Posted 7/16/2012 2:59:04 PM
Ok so I have unlocked every character but Kain and I am starting to get pissed off. Why can't you trade Dark Notes over WiFi?

Anyone notice any bosses that drop Navy Shards? I have been trying to farm notes around 50-60 and I have been getting every color but Navy. I am about to level up some characters with Libra cuz this is getting ridiculous.
#2iambashoPosted 7/16/2012 3:02:06 PM
Your best bet for getting navy shards would be to do lvl 76+ DNs, because at that level the potential shards are just about cut in half. Also, you want at the very least Cid and Locke in your DN unlocking team because with their lvl 3 and 2 libras 5/9 of the items will be revealed.
---
The world you see with your eyes may well differ completely from the one I see with mine. There are as many worlds as there are observers-Doreen, Chrono Trigger
#3furixPosted 7/16/2012 3:43:12 PM
Funny, my first dark note ever had a boss that drops a navy shard pretty much every time.
---
Ichi ni san~
#4RecSpecPosted 7/16/2012 3:49:30 PM
My 2nd 50+ Dark Note had navy shards, but I had to grind with a Libra Party through 20 to find a Gray Shard.
#5Mr_Fury32Posted 7/16/2012 5:07:26 PM
i havent got a single white shard, annoying cos i want Snow...
---
Playing: Theatrhythm Final Fantasy (3DS) Diablo III (PC) Waiting for: Borderlands 2 (360)
#6ArmedDragoonPosted 7/16/2012 5:16:36 PM
You should absolutely be not trying to get new notes without a Libra party, it saves so much time when you can see no immediate shards that you need and quickly move on until you find one that does have them.
---
Big talkers are usually weak -Dart
Official Dart of the PASBR board.
#7Mr_Fury32Posted 7/16/2012 7:01:02 PM
ArmedDragoon posted...
You should absolutely be not trying to get new notes without a Libra party, it saves so much time when you can see no immediate shards that you need and quickly move on until you find one that does have them.

problem buddy, you cant form a party of Libra too easily WITHOUT doing some dark notes, Locke and Cid have Libra at higher levles than pre-unlocked characters right? Lightning has Libra level 1 so that helps a little, cid learns Libra level 3, and im guessing Locke has libra level 3 too.

giving you a total of 7 libra's, IF they stack, they might reveal 7 items.
---
Playing: Theatrhythm Final Fantasy (3DS) Diablo III (PC) Waiting for: Borderlands 2 (360)
#8AngelPeachPosted 7/16/2012 7:40:14 PM
Cid actually comes pretty easy though. If you don't do the Chaos Shrine right away, and just gain rm, then you will still get quite a bit of Yellow Shards. I got over half before I decided to do some crystal grinding and got him pretty quickly.

Also, while I can't say this for sure, I think the first unlockable Dark Note will always have some form of the Yellow Shard, making it even easier, though you need luck since there will be two other shards.
#9Griffey2413(Topic Creator)Posted 7/16/2012 9:11:54 PM
Ok Thanks for the Advice I am going to make a Libra group with Cid, Locke, and Lightning. I also thought of a way to get the same level Dark Notes over and over again. If you teach EXP Hound to one of your level 99's and equip it and then use for instance 2 LV 99's and 2 LV 1's you should consistently get a level 50ish Dark Note over and over again. I think I am going to try this out and mix it with Libra until i get a Navy note.

In theory it should work I will try when I get off of work.
#10ssbmrocksPosted 7/16/2012 9:17:07 PM
IIRC, Navy and Black shards don't appear unless it is 51 or higher. I have a 54 I'm farming for Black, and a 61 I found with a Navy. Hope this helps.
---
You can't spell assassin without sin and twice the ass.
3DS FC: 1719-3239-6653 (Robert)